Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Should we give the Royals a break?

Wikiposts

Should we give the Royals a break?

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all
Default Should we give the Royals a break?

Oddly enough, lots of Americans are fascinated by and will read almost anything about the Royals. However, the tabloids insist upon printing that Diana was pregnant when she died, Harry isn't Charles' son, and blah, blah, blah, constantly...you get the picture.

My question is, what do the Brits REALLY think about the Royals? Henry VIII was clearly crazy, imo. What about the current Royals? Do people really care what they do anymore? Rhetorical question, really, judging by the amt. of print they get.

I think they should get a break--especially Diana's boys. Why not give them a chance to get out from under her shadow? Why do they get print everytime they f@@t? Is their lack of privacy justified? Does anyone really care?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:07 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we give the Royals a break?

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Oddly enough, lots of Americans are fascinated by and will read almost anything about the Royals. However, the tabloids insist upon printing that Diana was pregnant when she died, Harry isn't Charles' son, and blah, blah, blah, constantly...you get the picture.

My question is, what do the Brits REALLY think about the Royals? Henry VIII was clearly crazy, imo. What about the current Royals? Do people really care what they do anymore? Rhetorical question, really, judging by the amt. of print they get.

I think they should get a break--especially Diana's boys. Why not give them a chance to get out from under her shadow? Why do they get print everytime they f@@t? Is their lack of privacy justified? Does anyone really care?
No they deserve everything they get shower of inbred chinless twats. Makes me puke when they pap on about her being a saint, slapper more like.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Thydney
No they deserve everything they get shower of inbred chinless twats. Makes me puke when they pap on about her being a saint, slapper more like.
LOL, Thydney! Did I strike a nerve?

Love the pix, btw

Hubs says Diana was a spoiled-rich-brat-court-jet-setter and nothing more. I feel sorry for her kids, though, having to grow up like that.

Last edited by deniseincarmel; Aug 22nd 2007 at 11:42 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I try to avouid publications with celeb stuff in them. I also think the Monarchy is an outdated system of government.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:47 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
LOL, Thydney! Did I strike a nerve?

Love the pix, btw

Hubs says Diana was a spoiled-rich-brat-court-jet-setter and nothing more. I feel sorry for her kids, though, having to grow up like that.
She knew what she was marrying into frankly. Lots of women have much worse lives than hers.

But with so much to worry about in the UK (and elsewhere), surely the Royals should take their place alongside the Fireman Rescues Cat-type stories, as fillers when there's no important news? Some perspective people, please...!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:50 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Give them each a council house in Barnsley and get shut of them.....
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:53 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Excuse me, I know lots of people who are in the queue for a council house in Barnsley already, and they are not going to be very happy about some snooty Southerners jumping the queue...

send them to Dover
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I try to avouid publications with celeb stuff in them. I also think the Monarchy is an outdated system of government.
I second that spot on.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Is all the Dukes, Duchess's Earls etc etc that get up my nose there are so many of them and what are they worth! Jack S..T

It's great some people may think that we have a Monarchy they do bring alot of tourists in but get rid of the leeches.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Aug 22nd 2007 at 12:42 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Burden on the taxpayer
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Is all the Dukes, Duchess's Earls etc etc that get up my nose there are so many of them and what are they worth! Jack S..T
I call them the hangers on...too many of them tbh!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
At least you didn't say Sheffield.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Oh Thyd you are, as usual, too bloody funny.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
At least you didn't say Sheffield.
Yes the Queen could become a CHAV
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:49 pm
Pom tiddly pom

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes the Queen could become a CHAV
Chavs are Southern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.