Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:00 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Mrs tonrob phoned a couple of our regular Boston 6 Nations venues yesterday and they both said they'd be showing all of it. One said they weren't sure which channel they'd be using so didn't know if there would be a charge.

On the assumption that there aren't exactly a bevvy of channels for them to choose from I was a little concerned that the person she spoke to didn't entirely know what they were on about, which is a bit concerning as Boston's a bit of a hike from here. May have to try phoning again to double check.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Pic might have been a bit better than normal, I agree, but def not hd quality imo.
For me it def seems as if the new set-up will be worse, def for the rugby, where setanta-i provided a pretty decent service that I could use in work.
I thought about you yesterday afternoon...guess why?

Hint: I'm in the UK.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:04 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I was a little concerned that the person she spoke to didn't entirely know what they were on about, which is a bit concerning as Boston's a bit of a hike from here. May have to try phoning again to double check.
If you ever need to call a bar to ask about sports if you don't end up speaking to someone you actually know you are pretty much screwed. Most of the staff seem to have absolutely no idea about what is going on, which is kind of strange given that the 6 nations can pull hundreds of people into a boozer at 8am on a Saturday morning.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:06 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought about you yesterday afternoon...guess why?

Hint: I'm in the UK.
Let's not discuss the reasons on a public forum

I may as well still be in the UK - haven't even made a dent in the 3 carrier bags of chocolate I brought back at Christmas yet. Those lemon bars from M&S are getting hard to find though - not even sure if they still do them, so didn't bring any back this time.

Going back next month too, so will be able to stock up on lucozade then
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Hi Socal - who do you support?

Saints or Pompey?
I'm a Saints fan. I moved to the US the year we got relegated from the Prem, so I've only got to see them play about 2 or 3 times on TV in the last almost 5 years. I used to go to St Mary's fairly regularly when I lived in the UK.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Socal Local
I'm a Saints fan. I moved to the US the year we got relegated from the Prem, so I've only got to see them play about 2 or 3 times on TV in the last almost 5 years. I used to go to St Mary's fairly regularly when I lived in the UK.
Phew - so am I. I was also a regular at SMS before I moved over here.

Getting a bit worried about whether Saints v Pompey is gonna be on the TV over here. Chelsea v Cardiff is a midday UK kick-off. Just cos our game is on ITV back in England doesn't make it a gimme that it will be on over here. The wankers will probably blindly choose the Chelsea game to show.

Neither FSC or Setanta USA have updated their schedules yet to say what they are showing:
http://www.setanta.com/us/tv-listings/
http://static.foxsports.com/content/...5047458423.pdf

If it isn't on TV here then I'm sure we'll be able to find a stream for it but that just ain't the same. We'll see anyway. I'm checking the above daily to see what they go with...

Saints will win 3-1. QF's here we come.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 2:34 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

BBC America are now showing the Scotland vs England game on March 13th (noon eastern).
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:18 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
BBC America are now showing the Scotland vs England game on March 13th (noon eastern).
looks like the email campaign worked then
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:29 pm
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk k

I didn't bother getting cable tv at my new place because I knew I could watch the 6N online through setanta.... and now I find the yankee beebee are showing it!!!!!!! Anyway I can find a way to watch live BBCA online?? Google has been rubbish.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

anyone think it's weird watching on BBCA though?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
anyone think it's weird watching on BBCA though?
Yes, it did feel kind of weird at first watching it on BBCA. It was great to have full half time analysis with no adverts . Shame they cut away from the post match interviews to go to You are what you bloody eat.
I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I love Brian Moore. He's just a total nutter.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:42 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

What was strange about the coverage of the 6 Nations on BBCA is that they didn't show it 5 times on the same day ....if its good enough for Top Gear its good enough for rugby
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
What was strange about the coverage of the 6 Nations on BBCA is that they didn't show it 5 times on the same day ....if its good enough for Top Gear its good enough for rugby
I heard the channel is going to be renamed "Dave USA" in honour of Top Gear
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonrob
As long as I can continue to drink Guinness* with my breakfast while watching the rugby in the company of fellow Welshmen then I'll be happy...

*This is the only time I make an exception for the bland, over-chilled Oirish stout.
That's a True Taffy if i ever seen one
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I heard the channel is going to be renamed "Dave USA" in honour of Top Gear
I like watching Top Gear, but That Norton dude....that's just a waste of money & time in having that silly ****er on there...
Oh well maybe Mr Ross will be over here to knock him off...He's got to better than Norton...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.