Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Sensational headline

Sensational headline

Old May 20th 2019, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sensational headline

Check out the latest US horror story - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7048611/British-marketing-manager-visiting-girlfriend-deported-life-moving-text.html

Not sure I understand the lifetime ban from the USA. I think that is pushing the story a bit too far.
Old May 20th 2019, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sensational headline

Total sensationalism ..... according to the DM the guy now has PTSD because of the incident !!!
Old May 20th 2019, 9:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Check out the latest US horror story …… Not sure I understand the lifetime ban from the USA. I think that is pushing the story a bit too far.
I suspect that he has been barred from using the VWP, not banned from the US.

People really should be more careful with how they describe/ characterize their travel plans to the US by electronic communications and on social media - wasn't just last year that someone was barred from entry as a suspected terrorist for stating that they were going to "tear up the town" when visiting Las Vegas?
Old May 20th 2019, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably should have cleared his text messages, and doubt it was the message alone that got him denied entry.
Old May 20th 2019, 10:51 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I suspect that he has been barred from using the VWP, not banned from the US.

People really should be more careful with how they describe/ characterize their travel plans to the US by electronic communications and on social media - wasn't just last year that someone was barred from entry as a suspected terrorist for stating that they were going to "tear up the town" when visiting Las Vegas?
Clearing text messages would look real suspect wouldn't it though. Especially if they look at the partner's phone if they are waiting at the airport.

You can be banned for life for lying about your intentions can't you not just sent home and maybe he refused to admit the truth or their version of the truth. As we discussed in the Canada forum while you guys have been helping me with this ETA thing, I know people from work who know people who have been deported and banned for ten years they got took out of the taxi line at JFK after clearing the immigration and handing in your custom form and getting the bags. They must have changed their minds or more likely let them in and then deport with a ban as opposed to refusal of entry giving a stronger legal position. Stamping in the passport says ten year ban not refusal of entry. And remember Darren Halliwell the english guy who hit his wife on the plane going to LA a couple of years back he was deported while the court case was ongoing and the judge was fuming because they can't get him back because government deported him. The can do whatever they want these guys.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 20th 2019 at 10:54 pm.
Old May 21st 2019, 1:36 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Clearing text messages would look real suspect wouldn't it though. Especially if they look at the partner's phone if they are waiting at the airport.

You can be banned for life for lying about your intentions can't you not just sent home and maybe he refused to admit the truth or their version of the truth. As we discussed in the Canada forum while you guys have been helping me with this ETA thing, I know people from work who know people who have been deported and banned for ten years they got took out of the taxi line at JFK after clearing the immigration and handing in your custom form and getting the bags. They must have changed their minds or more likely let them in and then deport with a ban as opposed to refusal of entry giving a stronger legal position. Stamping in the passport says ten year ban not refusal of entry. And remember Darren Halliwell the english guy who hit his wife on the plane going to LA a couple of years back he was deported while the court case was ongoing and the judge was fuming because they can't get him back because government deported him. The can do whatever they want these guys.

What is suspect about clearing text messages? I never leave messages or recent phone call records hanging around on my phone.
Old May 21st 2019, 2:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

5 year ban for being deported.

No more VWP

Lifetime ban would be up to the Consulate if there was a Misrep involved.

Marketing Manager at his age and he gets a 3 month holiday, nice!
Old May 21st 2019, 5:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

What is suspect about clearing text messages? I never leave messages or recent phone call records hanging around on my phone.
Same. I don't keep emails or text messages for very long at all. About once a month I go through my phone and clean up the crap.
Old May 21st 2019, 10:29 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The text message stated 'in a months time I am moving to be with you'

Based on that, they did the right thing and denied him entry. I'm sure he was offered the chance to withdraw his application for admission, he obviously didn't do so so was refused entry.

Can't say I have much sympathy.
Old May 21st 2019, 11:48 am
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

The heck with the main article...I want to know how I can get their exchange rate!

It currently costs $14, which is around £9 in British money.
Old May 21st 2019, 11:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticgrid
The heck with the main article...I want to know how I can get their exchange rate!
Time machine?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:34 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hree-days.html

Another sensational headline though I suspect she is lying about a lot of it to get money out of the daily mail. According to google it is 100 miles from Austin to gatesville texas which is the location of the female death row unit.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 1:45 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

yeah well. Texas does lethal injection now and hasn't used the electric chair since 1964.
I'm assuming she was just sent back on either one of the 2 flights a day to London but that wouldn't make a good story.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 1:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
…. Another sensational headline though I suspect she is lying about a lot of it to get money out of the daily mail. According to google it is 100 miles from Austin to gatesville texas which is the location of the female death row unit.
She didn't say she saw the female death row unit, she said she saw an electric chair, and I can imagine that a replica of old sparky would make an interesting jail house decoration.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pulaski
She didn't say she saw the female death row unit, she said she saw an electric chair, and I can imagine that a replica of old sparky would make an interesting jail house decoration.
Yeah but she is trying to make it sound sinister like she is trying to suggest they did it to frighten her being like we could put you in this if we wanted you limey so and so and that is not what happened.