Selling car in FL

Old Jul 4th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling car in FL

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
In your first post you said he was your "buddy." So why not speak to him -- not "confront" him -- speak to him reasonably and explain that you need the plates and that he needs to register the car in his own name. You said he paid for it, so it is really his car. You are just as much at fault as him for not handling this transaction in a sensible manner, so why not try to sort it out amicably.
you are quite right. He is a former colleague I helped out. But he is not returning my calls.
I got another colleague to message him on fb so I hope he gets that I know he screwed up and will contact me or sort it. Otherwise I have to stake out his house to have the reasonable conversation.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 3:03 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
contact the dmv.
That is so simple it went over my head. I will do that. Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:39 am
BE Irregular

Well I have finally re connected with the guy - via peer pressure as much as anything although he did get the threat of reporting to authorities . He is skint and doing his best to do the right thing. I should be getting the plate back in the next couple of weeks and the title transferred too. Had a good IM chat tonight. Not entirely ideal/legal scenario but hopefully no harm done .
Old Sep 1st 2018, 11:27 pm
BE Irregular

All done. Title transferred & tag returned and we are buddies again!
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 2:24 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
All done. Title transferred & tag returned and we are buddies again!
Glad to hear it's all resolved now. I hate it when a friendship gets... what shall I call it? …compromised?... by some issue like this.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased that it got worked out.
Old Sep 8th 2018, 5:47 pm
BE Irregular

FWIW, the Insurance investigator that called me, alerting me to the fact I still owned the car, was investigating Buddy's long dead mother, about a house fire years ago!
Old Sep 8th 2018, 7:36 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
FWIW, the Insurance investigator that called me, alerting me to the fact I still owned the car, was investigating Buddy's long dead mother, about a house fire years ago!