Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:04 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Dear All

Has anyone used "Sea and Air Cargo International" for their shipping ? Reason I ask is that after getting a load of quotes theirs looks to be the best ($4500 NC USA to UK including packing) The only cheaper quote was Upakweship......which has us doing all the packing.

Before I book anyone I wanted to check and see if anyone has used this company before....and if so were you happy with their service. They weren't on movingscam that I could see....but I would still like to know how others got on with them.

Many thanks

Bendex
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:29 pm
North Carolina layabout

Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Ok....anybody else ever even heard of them ?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:04 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bendex
Ok....anybody else ever even heard of them ?
Hi bendex. A little quiet here today, huh? I have never heard of them but I have heard of Upakweship. Can you tell me how much of a difference there was in the quotes between those two? I have phoned several movers and never got any response back. I myself am thinking about just packing it all myself and going with Upakweship. Just wonder how much of a problem it is as far as customs.
Do let us know who you go with and how they are please. There where a few more on here several weeks back trying to find shipping info and couldnt get responses either! Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callé
Hi bendex. A little quiet here today, huh? I have never heard of them but I have heard of Upakweship. Can you tell me how much of a difference there was in the quotes between those two? I have phoned several movers and never got any response back. I myself am thinking about just packing it all myself and going with Upakweship. Just wonder how much of a problem it is as far as customs.
Do let us know who you go with and how they are please. There where a few more on here several weeks back trying to find shipping info and couldnt get responses either! Thanks
Hi folks I know I am not currently in your part of the world however I found the following site useful when moving my wife inside the US
http://www.movingscam.com/
Lots of good and very bad moving experiences
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:15 am
North Carolina layabout

Hi Calle,

It is quiet....either that or an unpopular thread

Ok, so our quotes were as follows (all seem to be 20ft container):

Upakweship $3600 no packing incl ($3900 for the 40ft)
Air and Sea $4535 incl packing
Global Direct $3950 no packing incl
Allied $6820 incl packing
Hermans Intl $3680 no packing incl

And Wheaton Worldwide, Shipapx, Anglopacific, Escapeartist, Freightforwarding and Ablecargo never even got back to me. I figure if I have to chase them for the quote having filled out the internet forms, that is not a good sign.

Hope this helps you

Bendex

PS To anyone else out there reading....please share your shipping info !!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:16 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Calle,

It is quiet....either that or an unpopular thread

Ok, so our quotes were as follows (all seem to be 20ft container):

Upakweship $3600 no packing incl ($3900 for the 40ft)
Air and Sea $4535 incl packing
Global Direct $3950 no packing incl
Allied $6820 incl packing
Hermans Intl $3680 no packing incl

And Wheaton Worldwide, Shipapx, Anglopacific, Escapeartist, Freightforwarding and Ablecargo never even got back to me. I figure if I have to chase them for the quote having filled out the internet forms, that is not a good sign.

Hope this helps you

Bendex

PS To anyone else out there reading....please share your shipping info !!!!!!
HI Bendex. Thats what I thought. If they couldnt get back to me I dont think I wanted their services.
Your quotes have helped tremendously though! thanks! Now I just need to find out if its worth it to just pack yourself. Saves money and I like the thought of packing my own stuff but I dont want problems down the line with customs or insurance.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:51 pm
North Carolina layabout

HI Bendex. Thats what I thought. If they couldnt get back to me I dont think I wanted their services.
Your quotes have helped tremendously though! thanks! Now I just need to find out if its worth it to just pack yourself. Saves money and I like the thought of packing my own stuff but I dont want problems down the line with customs or insurance.
Glad I could help. I intend to call Sea & Air as it would be much less hassle if someone ese packs....however movingscam has made me jittery. $4535 is a great quote, but I would like a "Not to exceed" cost as well....just to be safe (if they do that)
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

housey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I'm trying to arrange a moving company too - from MD to Ireland. My best quote was with Omega Shipping (Mayflower) has anyone had experience of them?

FYI my quotes are:

Worldwide Moving Systems (MD) $8320 40ft container, 10,000 lbs, full service
Sterling International (DE) $7860, as above
Omega $6200

Any dealings with the above, or better suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

Tried to get online quote from Sea and Air, but website is down - anyway, not too happy with their write-up in movingscam.com

Thanks

Housey
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:24 pm
North Carolina layabout

Originally Posted by housey

Tried to get online quote from Sea and Air, but website is down - anyway, not too happy with their write-up in movingscam.com

Thanks

Housey
Hi....Could you post a link please ? I didn't see them on the blacklist, but if you've found a reference to them on movingscam I need to read it before I make a decision. I may try Omega.

Thanks for the info !
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps anyone I can vouch for Sterling. They moved me from UK to USA and were professional, helpful and very efficient. I wouldnt hesitate using them again, if they were competitive.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

housey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi....Could you post a link please ? I didn't see them on the blacklist, but if you've found a reference to them on movingscam I need to read it before I make a decision. I may try Omega.

Thanks for the info !
It was in the message board of movingscam.com (March 04) doesn't sound great.
Reassuring to read that Sterling sound OK

Housey