Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:04 pm
  #1  
North Carolina layabout
Thread Starter
 
Bendex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Dear All

Has anyone used "Sea and Air Cargo International" for their shipping ? Reason I ask is that after getting a load of quotes theirs looks to be the best ($4500 NC USA to UK including packing) The only cheaper quote was Upakweship......which has us doing all the packing.

Before I book anyone I wanted to check and see if anyone has used this company before....and if so were you happy with their service. They weren't on movingscam that I could see....but I would still like to know how others got on with them.

Many thanks

Bendex
Bendex is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:29 pm
  #2  
North Carolina layabout
Thread Starter
 
Bendex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Ok....anybody else ever even heard of them ?
Bendex is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:04 pm
  #3  
Home at last
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 866
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by Bendex
Ok....anybody else ever even heard of them ?
Hi bendex. A little quiet here today, huh? I have never heard of them but I have heard of Upakweship. Can you tell me how much of a difference there was in the quotes between those two? I have phoned several movers and never got any response back. I myself am thinking about just packing it all myself and going with Upakweship. Just wonder how much of a problem it is as far as customs.
Do let us know who you go with and how they are please. There where a few more on here several weeks back trying to find shipping info and couldnt get responses either! Thanks
callé is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:15 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Vimto's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta via Dubai, Belgium, Greece, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 950
Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by callé
Hi bendex. A little quiet here today, huh? I have never heard of them but I have heard of Upakweship. Can you tell me how much of a difference there was in the quotes between those two? I have phoned several movers and never got any response back. I myself am thinking about just packing it all myself and going with Upakweship. Just wonder how much of a problem it is as far as customs.
Do let us know who you go with and how they are please. There where a few more on here several weeks back trying to find shipping info and couldnt get responses either! Thanks
Hi folks I know I am not currently in your part of the world however I found the following site useful when moving my wife inside the US
http://www.movingscam.com/
Lots of good and very bad moving experiences
Vimto is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:15 am
  #5  
North Carolina layabout
Thread Starter
 
Bendex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by callé
Hi bendex. A little quiet here today, huh? I have never heard of them but I have heard of Upakweship. Can you tell me how much of a difference there was in the quotes between those two? I have phoned several movers and never got any response back. I myself am thinking about just packing it all myself and going with Upakweship. Just wonder how much of a problem it is as far as customs.
Do let us know who you go with and how they are please. There where a few more on here several weeks back trying to find shipping info and couldnt get responses either! Thanks
Hi Calle,

It is quiet....either that or an unpopular thread

Ok, so our quotes were as follows (all seem to be 20ft container):

Upakweship $3600 no packing incl ($3900 for the 40ft)
Air and Sea $4535 incl packing
Global Direct $3950 no packing incl
Allied $6820 incl packing
Hermans Intl $3680 no packing incl

And Wheaton Worldwide, Shipapx, Anglopacific, Escapeartist, Freightforwarding and Ablecargo never even got back to me. I figure if I have to chase them for the quote having filled out the internet forms, that is not a good sign.

Hope this helps you

Bendex

PS To anyone else out there reading....please share your shipping info !!!!!!
Bendex is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:16 pm
  #6  
Home at last
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 866
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by Bendex
Hi Calle,

It is quiet....either that or an unpopular thread

Ok, so our quotes were as follows (all seem to be 20ft container):

Upakweship $3600 no packing incl ($3900 for the 40ft)
Air and Sea $4535 incl packing
Global Direct $3950 no packing incl
Allied $6820 incl packing
Hermans Intl $3680 no packing incl

And Wheaton Worldwide, Shipapx, Anglopacific, Escapeartist, Freightforwarding and Ablecargo never even got back to me. I figure if I have to chase them for the quote having filled out the internet forms, that is not a good sign.

Hope this helps you

Bendex

PS To anyone else out there reading....please share your shipping info !!!!!!
HI Bendex. Thats what I thought. If they couldnt get back to me I dont think I wanted their services.
Your quotes have helped tremendously though! thanks! Now I just need to find out if its worth it to just pack yourself. Saves money and I like the thought of packing my own stuff but I dont want problems down the line with customs or insurance.
callé is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:51 pm
  #7  
North Carolina layabout
Thread Starter
 
Bendex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by callé
HI Bendex. Thats what I thought. If they couldnt get back to me I dont think I wanted their services.
Your quotes have helped tremendously though! thanks! Now I just need to find out if its worth it to just pack yourself. Saves money and I like the thought of packing my own stuff but I dont want problems down the line with customs or insurance.
Glad I could help. I intend to call Sea & Air as it would be much less hassle if someone ese packs....however movingscam has made me jittery. $4535 is a great quote, but I would like a "Not to exceed" cost as well....just to be safe (if they do that)
Bendex is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:45 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 59
housey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Hello

I'm trying to arrange a moving company too - from MD to Ireland. My best quote was with Omega Shipping (Mayflower) has anyone had experience of them?

FYI my quotes are:

Worldwide Moving Systems (MD) $8320 40ft container, 10,000 lbs, full service
Sterling International (DE) $7860, as above
Omega $6200

Any dealings with the above, or better suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

Tried to get online quote from Sea and Air, but website is down - anyway, not too happy with their write-up in movingscam.com

Thanks

Housey
housey is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:24 pm
  #9  
North Carolina layabout
Thread Starter
 
Bendex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 72
Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by housey

Tried to get online quote from Sea and Air, but website is down - anyway, not too happy with their write-up in movingscam.com

Thanks

Housey
Hi....Could you post a link please ? I didn't see them on the blacklist, but if you've found a reference to them on movingscam I need to read it before I make a decision. I may try Omega.

Thanks for the info !
Bendex is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:37 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
ladylisa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West >> UK
Posts: 1,239
ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

If it helps anyone I can vouch for Sterling. They moved me from UK to USA and were professional, helpful and very efficient. I wouldnt hesitate using them again, if they were competitive.
ladylisa is offline  
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:08 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 59
housey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sea and Air Cargo International ?

Originally Posted by Bendex
Hi....Could you post a link please ? I didn't see them on the blacklist, but if you've found a reference to them on movingscam I need to read it before I make a decision. I may try Omega.

Thanks for the info !
It was in the message board of movingscam.com (March 04) doesn't sound great.
Reassuring to read that Sterling sound OK

Housey
housey is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.