Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Santa Barbara Hotels

Santa Barbara Hotels

Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough
Default Santa Barbara Hotels

My aunt and uncle will be in Santa Barbara at the end of June/start of July. We hope to head across and stay a few nights. They are staying at the Canary Hotel which is a bit out of our price range. Has anyone got recommendations for hotels/apartments for families (2 kids under 3) in the area?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Santa Barbara Hotels

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
My aunt and uncle will be in Santa Barbara at the end of June/start of July. We hope to head across and stay a few nights. They are staying at the Canary Hotel which is a bit out of our price range. Has anyone got recommendations for hotels/apartments for families (2 kids under 3) in the area?
Try this: http://www.bestwesternpeppertreeinn.com/

Clean and very friendly. There are also quite a few good quality motels down at the front though can't recall the names. Also, check to see if they give AAA discounts - most hotels do.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought Extended Stay America was clean, economical, and fairly decent but I haven't stayed at the one in Santa Barbara. For a room with 2 double beds and a kitchenette, the price is about $118 per night in Santa Barbara.

http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/R...9-c8a5f115fd9c

It doesn't have a swimming pool but you can go to your relatives hotel for that.

Last edited by Michael; Mar 28th 2013 at 5:07 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

We've recently booked to go camping at Jamala Beach in June. I know this site has lodges available too. It's worth a look - I've never been before but it gets great feedback. http://countyofsb.org/parks/
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:39 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Weekend prices in Santa Barbara are high, and it can be difficult to find a room on a summer weekend at the last minute. Two-night minimum stays for weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) are the norm.

There is a Motel 6 there that has prices that are on par with other Motel 6s (in other words, substantially cheaper than just about anything else in Santa Barbara), but it is booked up months in advance, so you already may be too late.

If you can't find anything in Santa Barbara proper and you have a car, then you may want to check in Goleta (suburb near UC Santa Barbara) or Carpinteria (smallish town south of town on US 101).

Good luck.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:12 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwm
Try this: http://www.bestwesternpeppertreeinn.com/

Clean and very friendly. There are also quite a few good quality motels down at the front though can't recall the names. Also, check to see if they give AAA discounts - most hotels do.
Stayed there about 10 years back and it was nice.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Can't go wrong with Hampton Inns.

Normally spotless, with a decent breakfast and good pool available.

Advance booking should bring the cost down a bit.

Jim.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:14 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, one of the few chain hotels downtown. (I wanted a chain so I could stay for free using points).

The reviews on tripAdvisor weren't too bad, and the location is great - a short walk to the beach, right off the main drag with a brewpub and a proper chippy run by Brits within a 2 minute stroll!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:02 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, one of the few chain hotels downtown. (I wanted a chain so I could stay for free using points).

The reviews on tripAdvisor weren't too bad, and the location is great - a short walk to the beach, right off the main drag with a brewpub and a proper chippy run by Brits within a 2 minute stroll!
That chippy will be my Sunday lunch this weekend
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Cheers for all the suggestions. In the middle of moving house (FREEDOM in my best William Wallace voice!) at the minute so will check them out next week. Thanks again