Santa

Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Santa

Sorry for the slightly odd question but wondered if anyone knew of good places to meet Santa on the east coast (ideally NJ, PA or NY)? We did Lapland UK last year and loved it and wondered if there was something similar here? Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:52 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santa

Originally Posted by Ecto17
Sorry for the slightly odd question but wondered if anyone knew of good places to meet Santa on the east coast (ideally NJ, PA or NY)? We did Lapland UK last year and loved it and wondered if there was something similar here? Thanks

Did you google? This comes up for NY.

North Pole, NY home of Santa's Workshop

Otherwise, you will meet a Santa with a bell and a collecting kettle on most street corners!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Did you google? This comes up for NY.

North Pole, NY home of Santa's Workshop

Otherwise, you will meet a Santa with a bell and a collecting kettle on most street corners!
Haha! Thank you.
Yes l had seen this thanks, it was a back up plan if l couldn't find any other options. It just surprises me that with snow there isn't a full on Lapland style experience somewhere. That said with the prices of things over here, even if there was l suspect it would be eye watering! 😆
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a Christmas Village and Santa Land in Bernville, PA

http://www.koziarschristmasvillage.com/home/

Sounds quite reasonable and it is already open for the season.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The same simple google search that found the above, also found this:

The Top 8 Christmas Towns In Pennsylvania
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys, l appreciate your help. l had seen some of these and might well take the wider family to some of those towns when they come for xmas but l am not finding anything on the scale of Lapland UK which is a really magical day. I had hoped to do the real thing but that isn't happening due to the move and was hoping to find something similar or even better as there seems so much potential here as we actually get snow.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha! Thank you.
Yes l had seen this thanks, it was a back up plan if l couldn't find any other options. It just surprises me that with snow there isn't a full on Lapland style experience somewhere. That said with the prices of things over here, even if there was l suspect it would be eye watering! 😆
Sometimes it seems cheaper to fly to the UK for attractions. For a family of 4 it's $2000 round trip from the West Coast for flights and we are quite happy to stay in Premier Inn for the week for about another $500.

To go to California, it's like $200 a night for hotels and then another $400+ per person for flights.

It's just the travel time that puts me off.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrken30
Sometimes it seems cheaper to fly to the UK for attractions. For a family of 4 it's $2000 round trip from the West Coast for flights and we are quite happy to stay in Premier Inn for the week for about another $500.

To go to California, it's like $200 a night for hotels and then another $400+ per person for flights.

It would put me off too from the west coast but thankfully we are in the east coast so not nearly as bad.
It isn't very practical unfortunately this year.
Will definitely be doing the rockettes at radio city but that is definitely for me as son doesn't even want to go!!!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:45 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Santa isn't real. It's just your parents.
Do you really think he could visit every single human dwelling in one night? Away with you!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30

You get 4 people to the UK and back from the west coast for 2k Tell me how please. I can't even get 3 to and from Chicago for that.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:42 pm
Concierge

It would put me off too from the west coast but thankfully we are in the east coast so not nearly as bad.
It isn't very practical unfortunately this year.
Will definitely be doing the rockettes at radio city but that is definitely for me as son doesn't even want to go!!!
Can't say I blame him. I have been several times over the years and never found it to be a thrill. But if you like seeing long legs dancing in step and live animals on stage, go for it and enjoy yourselves. Be sure to see the tree in Rockefeller Center and window shop the Christmas window displays on Fifth Avenue.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Can't say I blame him. I have been several times over the years and never found it to be a thrill. But if you like seeing long legs dancing in step and live animals on stage, go for it and enjoy yourselves. Be sure to see the tree in Rockefeller Center and window shop the Christmas window displays on Fifth Avenue.
Thanks, will do!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Santa isn't real. It's just your parents.
Do you really think he could visit every single human dwelling in one night? Away with you!
😳😳😳😳😳
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Might be too far for you (we are in CT) but we've been to Santa's village in NH and the kids loved it. Can be freezing!!!

Santa's Village | Christmas Time Theme Park | Jefferson, NH
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:16 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think we should be encouraging this cult like behavior. This is how terrorists are born.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.