Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

San Diego and surrounds

San Diego and surrounds

Old Sep 28th 2020, 5:21 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Diego and surrounds

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Presume as you are only moving for the winter, you work from home and have no commute?.
If one was intent on living downtown SD then, personally, I would be looking at the lovely highrise apartment buildings overlooking the Bay. While near to the restaurant and bar areas it would not be as noisy as being in the Gaslamp area itself. Yes, there is a homeless problem downtown, but if wanting to be able to just walk out of your apartment straight to the theatre, restaurant, bar, ball park etc then you just have to learn to live with it.
For beachside towns, La Jolla, Del Mar, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff are all places which have appeal.
No matter where you live, you WILL need a car (unless you never intend to leave downtown).
That's correct - life has changed, the commute is now from master bedroom to study. I read just this morning that 48.7% of workers in Seattle Metro are WFH, and for office workers I'm sure that's almost doubled.

We've considered going out of the US but trying not to put the cats through too much stress.