Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Royal Famil re-invent themselves yet again - bastards !

The Royal Famil re-invent themselves yet again - bastards !

Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:33 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold
Default The Royal Famil re-invent themselves yet again - bastards !

I'm not big fan of the Royal Family.
They're all as thick as the back of a bull's bollocks and have no place in a modern democratic society.
Yet today's wedding, even for a cynical republican like myself, was a stone-cold, 100 per cent cast-iron solid gold worldwide success.
Not because of what the Establishment did although as ever they did it very well but because they allowed the new generation of the family to have their way.
The fact that William didn't have a ring, the fact that Blair wasn't invited, the fact that he drove his new missus away in his dad's sports car, the fact that Harry has organised an all-night disco in Buckingham Palace, the fact that the dreadful Earl Spencer was kept in the background.
Small little vignettes but quietly and without letting anyone know what they were doing the bastards have just re-invented themselves for another few hundred years.
You have to admire them or at least the people advising them.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Royal Famil re-invent themselves yet again - bastards !

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
...the fact that Blair wasn't invited....
Though seeing those manky fold up chairs, bet he was glad not to have gotten an invite in the end

I wasn't really interested, but fair play to them, seemed to have went off well and security seemed pretty good.

Would have loved to have seen someone streak the event though
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Only Britain, and I mean only Britain of all countries in the entire world, can put on such a display of dignified pomp and pageantry such as today's event in London, and in such style, with perfect timing down to the split second, as usual. Everything, but everything, went exactly to plan, as expected.

William and Catherine, our new young Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and our future King William V and his truly lovely Queen Catherine, will be a complete breath of fresh air running right through the entire House of Windsor, and will boost yet further the firm belief that the British Monarchy will survive against any odds, no matter what.

Never before has any future British monarch, second in line to the British throne, accompanied by his brand new wife of a few hours, drive himself out through the gates of Buckingham Palace in his open top car, festooned by balloons and a huge "Just Married" sign attached to the back, and at the sanme time smiling at the cheering crowds on the Mall on the short journey to Clarence House.

These two yung members of the Royal Family will dispense with boring stuffiness and snobbishness yet still remain dignified. Will really is one of the lads, and Kate is well loved and well regarded by all the people who know her in her home village of Bucklebury, near Newbury in Berkshire....and practically everybody there speaks very highly of her.

They are precisely what the Royal Establishment needs, badly. This will not be another Charles and Diana situation at all - thankfully - there are absolutely no similarities there at all.

Once the honeymoon is over the two of them just want to live quietly at their residence in Anglesey where Will is based at RAF Valley, but will undertake royal engagements as and when required.

It's inconceivable that this country, the UK, can possibly be anything but a Monarchy. The words The Republic of Britain not only look and sound alien but the mere concept itself is totally alien, too. It just isn't going to happen, now or in the forseeable future. The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are now our hope for the future in this Kingdom, where the Monarch is very much a stabilising fasctor in a country of political and civil stablility. Our Head of State is incorruptible and is above politics and political skulduggery.

As for Republicanism - the British version is very different kettle of fish than the American - over there it is very much right wing politically. Here in the UK, republicans (small R) are very much to the left, politically. In another thared I called them "lunatics". In effect, that is just what our republicans are, all said and done. I make no apology for that.

Long live the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - long live the future King William V and the future Queen Catherine, and their future heirs. Long like the United Kingdom
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:10 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

...that the dreadful Earl Spencer was kept in the background.
The poor bastard has Parkinsons. Is that what makes him dreadful? Or the fact that he has money and property?

Small little vignettes but quietly and without letting anyone know what they were doing the bastards have just re-invented themselves for another few hundred years.
Not only admire but support them in their good works as well. The 'Old Firm' is good for the Country.
"MCROW"
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:13 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Only Britain, and I mean only Britain of all countries in the entire world, can put on such a display of dignified pomp and pageantry such as today's event in London, and in such style, with perfect timing down to the split second, as usual. Everything, but everything, went exactly to plan, as expected.

William and Catherine, our new young Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and our future King William V and his truly lovely Queen Catherine, will be a complete breath of fresh air running right through the entire House of Windsor, and will boost yet further the firm belief that the British Monarchy will survive against any odds, no matter what.

Never before has any future British monarch, second in line to the British throne, accompanied by his brand new wife of a few hours, drive himself out through the gates of Buckingham Palace in his open top car, festooned by balloons and a huge "Just Married" sign attached to the back, and at the sanme time smiling at the cheering crowds on the Mall on the short journey to Clarence House.

These two yung members of the Royal Family will dispense with boring stuffiness and snobbishness yet still remain dignified. Will really is one of the lads, and Kate is well loved and well regarded by all the people who know her in her home village of Bucklebury, near Newbury in Berkshire....and practically everybody there speaks very highly of her.

They are precisely what the Royal Establishment needs, badly. This will not be another Charles and Diana situation at all - thankfully - there are absolutely no similarities there at all.

Once the honeymoon is over the two of them just want to live quietly at their residence in Anglesey where Will is based at RAF Valley, but will undertake royal engagements as and when required.

It's inconceivable that this country, the UK, can possibly be anything but a Monarchy. The words The Republic of Britain not only look and sound alien but the mere concept itself is totally alien, too. It just isn't going to happen, now or in the forseeable future. The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are now our hope for the future in this Kingdom, where the Monarch is very much a stabilising fasctor in a country of political and civil stablility. Our Head of State is incorruptible and is above politics and political skulduggery.

As for Republicanism - the British version is very different kettle of fish than the American - over there it is very much right wing politically. Here in the UK, republicans (small R) are very much to the left, politically. In another thared I called them "lunatics". In effect, that is just what our republicans are, all said and done. I make no apology for that.

Long live the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - long live the future King William V and the future Queen Catherine, and their future heirs. Long like the United Kingdom
AMEN to that!
MCROW
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:43 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
The poor bastard has Parkinsons. Is that what makes him dreadful? Or the fact that he has money and property?
If you're thinking of the current Earl Spencer's father - who did indeed have Parkinson's Disease - I'm afraid he died in 1992.

Princess Di's brother - a toady little sniveller - is on his third marriage having gone through a model, then a PR executive before landing himself with a moneyed Canadian bird whose wonga will come in very useful for the upkeep of the family home Althorp House where Di is buried.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you think the Democrats want a monarch?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I suppose you think the Democrats want a monarch?
Madam - are you out on day release or what? Are you being missed in the ward by now? I couldn't give a rat's ar*e what the American Democrats want or don't want - I really couldn't! Or the Republicans for that matter, or any political body in the United States of America.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:34 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Madam - are you out on day release or what? Are you being missed in the ward by now? I couldn't give a rat's ar*e what the American Democrats want or don't want - I really couldn't! Or the Republicans for that matter, or any political body in the United States of America.
So why do you post in the USA section of BE about political matters?
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:22 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Because he's a tit?
Old Apr 30th 2011, 1:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
hmm, this might be worth reading.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My point was...oh what's the point.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:06 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My point was...oh what's the point.
I cant karma you apparently ...so I will just say I got into a facebook thing with some friends friends who think that the wedding was a smokescreen for something or other, and we shouldnt care about/be watching a foreign new government because people died in Alabama.

My point was...oh what's the point
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

paulward50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not big fan of the Royal Family.
They're all as thick as the back of a bull's bollocks and have no place in a modern democratic society.
Yet today's wedding, even for a cynical republican like myself, was a stone-cold, 100 per cent cast-iron solid gold worldwide success.
Not because of what the Establishment did although as ever they did it very well but because they allowed the new generation of the family to have their way.
The fact that William didn't have a ring, the fact that Blair wasn't invited, the fact that he drove his new missus away in his dad's sports car, the fact that Harry has organised an all-night disco in Buckingham Palace, the fact that the dreadful Earl Spencer was kept in the background.
Perhaps then they are not as thick as the back of a bull's bollocks. I guess its you who is just simply THICK. I hate the fact that being British people don't like the Royal family. They are our countries biggest export. If it wasn't for our Royal family, why would you want to visit our Country. Thank God your an Ex Pat and don't live there anymore. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:29 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Huw Edwards also referred to him as our future King William, but surely a lot of kings "take" a new name when they become king - so William could actually become King Arthur (that would be quite cool, actually), No?

The current queen's father was called Albert, but he was King George, for example. Same with his grandfather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.