Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

This Rotherham stuff...

This Rotherham stuff...

Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This Rotherham stuff...

Denis MacShane: I was too much of a 'liberal leftie' and should have done more to investigate child abuse - Telegraph
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

If not before 2002! I remember "police no go areas", whether true or not, but definitely taxi no go areas not too far from where I was living in the North of England, where one was actively discouraged from reporting any crime perpetrated by any person of color, due to the chances of it actually reaching court. This has been going on for so long in "deprived areas". I am delighted it's reaching national news, and I class myself as a liberal.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

All while Glasgow reached City of Culture status
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:19 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
All while Glasgow reached City of Culture status
By obeying Sharia law?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mommapudding
If not before 2002! I remember "police no go areas", whether true or not, but definitely taxi no go areas not too far from where I was living in the North of England, where one was actively discouraged from reporting any crime perpetrated by any person of color, due to the chances of it actually reaching court. This has been going on for so long in "deprived areas". I am delighted it's reaching national news, and I class myself as a liberal.
I consider myself a liberal, but also anti-religion. The way the UK bent over backwards to accommodate the Muslim community ("multiculturalism") was a huge mistake, and a demonstration of how liberal ideas can go too far.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

(I'm equally opposed to the Catholic church priesthood and their child molesting ways ... there should be no special passes for anyone or group because of their religion...).
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I consider myself a liberal, but also anti-religion. The way the UK bent over backwards to accommodate the Muslim community ("multiculturalism") was a huge mistake, and a demonstration of how liberal ideas can go too far.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

(I'm equally opposed to the Catholic church priesthood and their child molesting ways ... there should be no special passes for anyone or group because of their religion...).
Promoting 'faith schools' (any faith) was a huge mistake and I also strongly object to the constant free passes afforded on religious grounds.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Promoting 'faith schools' (any faith) was a huge mistake and I also strongly object to the constant free passes afforded on religious grounds.
Government support (financial) should be a complete no-no, but I would like to go further than that and simply ban them outright, saying that children are entitled to a religion-free introduction to the world (confine the brainwashing to the home). But that will never fly.

How is France doing, by the way, on the subject of banning religious clothing in schools, etc (headscarfs and such)? I applaud them for their efforts ...
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Government support (financial) should be a complete no-no, but I would like to go further than that and simply ban them outright, saying that children are entitled to a religion-free introduction to the world (confine the brainwashing to the home). But that will never fly.

How is France doing, by the way, on the subject of banning religious clothing in schools, etc (headscarfs and such)? I applaud them for their efforts ...
I agree totally. Keep education separate, whether state-funded or not.

I don't agree with the religious dress codes either, but I also abhor the NF so a bit torn. I'm sure there is a lot of female suffering going on under our very noses.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect Rotherham to go unscathed from all this, but I expect it to be highlighted that it's not just Rotherham that this kind of thing happens in. The report itself even names other towns and cities in it