Rete are you ok?

Old Apr 13th 2020, 2:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rete are you ok?

Hope you missed the worst of the storms and you are ok! Hunker down
Old Apr 13th 2020, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rete are you ok?

Thanks for asking, SM.

Yes, we missed the three tornadoes that touched down in our county by just a few miles. Two were just 1 mile from us on I-49. One touched down on one side of the highway and a little bit later another touched down on the other side. The third was on highway I-59. We watched the display of lightning from our screened porch just before the city warning went off.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Thanks for asking, SM.

Yes, we missed the three tornadoes that touched down in our county by just a few miles. Two were just 1 mile from us on I-49. One touched down on one side of the highway and a little bit later another touched down on the other side. The third was on highway I-59. We watched the display of lightning from our screened porch just before the city warning went off.
thanks for letting is know Rete. The last thing you guys in the south need are tornadoes or bad hurricane season. Stay safe.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for asking, SM.

Glad you are ok
Old Apr 13th 2020, 8:36 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

It's not been too bad here in Queens. My husband works for the city and is on the storm response team so he's watching the wind like a hawk. Will likely all be over by 6pm though. I'm glad the storm is keeping people inside, everyone social distances until they go in a store and then people seem to forget and stand next to you like you're magnets.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sarah
It's not been too bad here in Queens. My husband works for the city and is on the storm response team so he's watching the wind like a hawk. Will likely all be over by 6pm though. I'm glad the storm is keeping people inside, everyone social distances until they go in a store and then people seem to forget and stand next to you like you're magnets.
Glad you are ok as well Sarah.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Old Apr 14th 2020, 2:24 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I spent yesterday with a chainsaw in hand removing a good 5-6 large trees from blocking the road to our house. One missed the house by about 10 feet. It was a rough one for sure.

I think we finally got power back at about 7pm. we rode around to find the damaged power line before the power came back on, and eventually did. The storm had snapped the pole in half.

Glad everyone else is ok. There were 4 confirmed Tornadoes that touched down just over the border in Seneca, SC about 30 minutes from us,
Old Apr 14th 2020, 2:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Glad both Sarah and CS are safe. NY has been hit hard enough with the virus. The last thing they need is storm damage.

Our neighbor is out this morning trimming his Mulberry trees. He's going to take down the branch that overhands our yard and covered patio. During the storm it was hanging lower and lower until it looked like it was about to snap.

Old Apr 14th 2020, 3:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I spent yesterday with a chainsaw in hand removing a good 5-6 large trees from blocking the road to our house. One missed the house by about 10 feet. It was a rough one for sure.

I think we finally got power back at about 7pm. we rode around to find the damaged power line before the power came back on, and eventually did. The storm had snapped the pole in half. .....,
I'm glad everyone else was OK, albeit with some clear-up to do.

We got some leaves, needles and twigs, come down, plus a few things that might reasonably be called "branches" - maybe as thick as a broom handle. There was one about as thick as my forearm at the thick end came down near the road, but nothing else even close - unless it was back in the woods.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 3:41 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'm glad everyone else was OK, albeit with some clear-up to do.

We got some leaves, needles and twigs, come down, plus a few things that might reasonably be called "branches" - maybe as thick as a broom handle. There was one about as thick as my forearm at the thick end came down near the road, but nothing else even close - unless it was back in the woods.
Hubby and the neighbor spent the morning removing branches from the neighbor's Mulberry trees that overhang our roof. The winds and heavy rain were causing them to hit the roof and window. All down, carved and ready for his fireplace this winter.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any one else read the title of this post to the tune of smooth criminal?

Glad all are ok , and some now stocked up on fire wood..
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:07 pm
Concierge

It's becoming a reoccuring nightmare. Again yesterday we were hit with severe weather. Unfortunately, a large tornado had the 'burg in its sights and the Warning was sounded so into the bathrooms we went with flashlights, water bottle, phones, purse, pillows and face masks. Several towns in the tornadoes path were hit badly but a direct hit on the 'burg was not to be thankfully. Some damage in the city but minor.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:10 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're ok Rete. We were forecast the tail end of your system, but it seems to have missed us this time around. Lots of rain, but no thunderheads that I saw on my phone when I woke up this morning.

Last edited by civilservant; Apr 20th 2020 at 2:11 pm. Reason: More coffee needed...
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

It's becoming a reoccuring nightmare. Again yesterday we were hit with severe weather. Unfortunately, a large tornado had the 'burg in its sights and the Warning was sounded so into the bathrooms we went with flashlights, water bottle, phones, purse, pillows and face masks. Several towns in the tornadoes path were hit badly but a direct hit on the 'burg was not to be thankfully. Some damage in the city but minor.
Tis the season! Glad you dodged the bullet again.

We had a warning yesterday afternoon. It hit the ground about 10 miles west of us. But for about 45 minutes we had high wind, torrential rain and a power outage. Just happy we had no damage and power was back within 2 hours. Sunday excitement that we didn't need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.