Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Resident in the USA? Help these schoolkids.

Resident in the USA? Help these schoolkids.

Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Resident in the USA? Help these schoolkids.

Please consider petitioning the Governor of Louisiana to intervene in this case.
http://jenasix.org/

Long story short: A school yard fight in a Louisiana high school has resulted in six kids under 18 facing 22+ years in jail on charges of aggravated battery/attempted murder. No prizes for guessing that the defendants are all poor black kids.

In case I oversimplified - the catalyst for months of racial tension was a dispute over who could sit under a nice shady tree in the school yard. White kids had made it "their" spot, a black kid asked the principal if anyone could sit there and was told to go ahead so he did, next day three nooses were dangling from the tree. Over months, the tensions erupted into sporadic violence. The case is an international cause celebre and was reported on the BBC in May. Since then, one 17 year old was convicted (all-white jury, judge and public-appointed defender did nothing to defend).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ld/6685441.stm

Another easy-peasy way to add your voice is to click on this website:
http://www.colorofchange.org/jena/?id=2039-225260
and just sign the petition.

I have no connection to anyone involved in this case - I'm a white Brit living in London UK with no political affiliations - but I'm outraged that such a travesty can happen and decided that I would speak out. Thanks for bearing with me.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:42 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Resident in the USA? Help these schoolkids.

Originally Posted by newshoney
Please consider petitioning the Governor of Louisiana to intervene in this case.
...............I have no connection to anyone involved in this case - I'm a white Brit living in London UK with no political affiliations - but I'm outraged that such a travesty can happen and decided that I would speak out. Thanks for bearing with me.
Racial issues in the South just aren't that clear cut. Although, nooses hanging from a tree is a tad extreme, you see a lot of racism here and when its openly displayed, its usually directed against the whites by the blacks. The reason you see less blatant white racism is because PC "standards" crucify them.

Not to say all are the same, but there is a clear majority "culture" among blacks which resents anything white.

.........and frankly white trash yee-haws and that majority deserve each other's company.

Not racism.........observation.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:31 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is racism, i.e. the OJ Simpson jury.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newshoney
http://jenasix.org/

Long story short: A school yard fight in a Louisiana high school has resulted in six kids under 18 facing 22+ years in jail on charges of aggravated battery/attempted murder. No prizes for guessing that the defendants are all poor black kids.

In case I oversimplified - the catalyst for months of racial tension was a dispute over who could sit under a nice shady tree in the school yard. White kids had made it "their" spot, a black kid asked the principal if anyone could sit there and was told to go ahead so he did, next day three nooses were dangling from the tree. Over months, the tensions erupted into sporadic violence. The case is an international cause celebre and was reported on the BBC in May. Since then, one 17 year old was convicted (all-white jury, judge and public-appointed defender did nothing to defend).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ld/6685441.stm

Another easy-peasy way to add your voice is to click on this website:
http://www.colorofchange.org/jena/?id=2039-225260
and just sign the petition.

I have no connection to anyone involved in this case - I'm a white Brit living in London UK with no political affiliations - but I'm outraged that such a travesty can happen and decided that I would speak out. Thanks for bearing with me.
http://www.pww.org/article/view/1591/1/99/ look to your own country and be just as outraged
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southern comfort
http://www.pww.org/article/view/1591/1/99/ look to your own country and be just as outraged
now why did you post that
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
now why did you post that
same reason the op did I guess ... racism exists everywhere ( he lives in London according to his profile ) yet he is outraged over something that happened in the US
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:58 pm
The truth is out there ..

valis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nice

Return of the Tankies
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

same reason the op did I guess ... racism exists everywhere ( he lives in London according to his profile ) yet he is outraged over something that happened in the US

wot, a bit like tit for tat eh

i don't think that was the OP's intention for one minute!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:08 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know where the writer got the figures. Just out of interest. I know that non whites suffer more at the hands of british courts than their white counterparts - but infant mortality rate 100 pecent higher than that of white children? I just dont see it personally. I may well be completely wrong of course but non whites have the same access to the heath service as whites, the same access to the same social benefits as whites. So why should the infant mortality rate be 100% higher? COuld this be a load of old commie bullshit?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

wot, a bit like tit for tat eh

i don't think that was the OP's intention for one minute!
of course not thats why he also posted same thing in TIO forum
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
I'd like to know where the writer got the figures. Just out of interest. I know that non whites suffer more at the hands of british courts than their white counterparts - but infant mortality rate 100 pecent higher than that of white children? I just dont see it personally. I may well be completely wrong of course but non whites have the same access to the heath service as whites, the same access to the same social benefits as whites. So why should the infant mortality rate be 100% higher? COuld this be a load of old commie bullshit?
My point was racism exists in the UK also. get outraged wuth your own country....but I think he is just a stirrer
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Its 5 years old and written by a communist party member
i.e. for political gain ..
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

but I think he is just a stirrer
and it takes one to know one
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

and it takes one to know one
lets just agree to dislike each other ok you always jump in at anything I say ... have a nice day
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Its 5 years old and written by a communist party member
i.e. for political gain ..
OK......sorry my mistake ...no racism in the uk its perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.