Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Remember the old TV ads and jingles?

Remember the old TV ads and jingles?

Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

David Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember the old TV ads and jingles?

Originally Posted by Dustydog
Hamlet cigars and Cerebus salt, showing my age here
Hamlet Cigar ads were a classic.....
An ex-boss of mine created the campaign for Strand cigarettes in the 60's (?). The theme was "you're never alone with a Strand" and the TV commercial showed a man walking in the rain with a trilby hat and a long mac on pausing to light a cig under a street lamp. It bombed - bad idea , alone in the rain etc etc - and he started a new career. Good for me 'cos it was his operation that I came to work for in the US in 1979.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
It's too orangy for crows, it's just for me and my dog......
We all adore Ki Ora
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by montgomail
Is she or isnt she - wearing Harmony shampoo
Harmony hairspray.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deedee13
and my mother says i am going to be a proper little madam... cant remember what it was for tho..??
Clarkes shoes?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

PEANUTS
They're Jungle fresh
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

ian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rushman
Harmony hairspray.
silvekrin shampoo ??
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

ian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to allian-c is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deedee13
the mr kipling ones made me laugh.

" met mrs. kipling ... an exceedingly good f**k "

mr. roy "chubby" brown
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

David Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-c
" met mrs. kipling ... an exceedingly good f**k "

mr. roy "chubby" brown
Exceedingly good cakes..... remember the Hovis TV ad? Kid's dad was a baker. When the smell of the fresh bread wafted up into his bedroom.......
" I knew it were ready and time to gerrup" Can't do the Yorkshire accent, but that was a great ad.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

not bad , but i bet you cant put a fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing !!

was modernised and used again this year !!

as was the milkybar kid
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dustydog
Hamlet cigars and Cerebus salt, showing my age here
Originally Posted by David Richardson
Hamlet Cigar ads were a classic.....
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

.... all because the lady loves milk-tray .
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

what did rigsby and miss jones advertise ??
cinzano ??
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ian-c
what did rigsby and miss jones advertise ??
cinzano ??
Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins mate. Misss Jones was the dopey bint in "Rising Damp".
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
For some reason every now and again I start singing "I'm a secret lemonade drinker..."
R. Whites wasn't it?

Tango as well "it's frothy man"
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sangiano

Tango as well "it's frothy man"
That was "Cresta"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.