Religous groups

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Religous groups

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The last election was a disaster for sanity in AZ

We:
Voted for McCain/Palin
Stuck it to the gays with a constitutional amendment to ensure that faggots weren't demeaning god-given effing marriage.
Lost our only prominent Dem -- the governor -- to the new administration, and the replacement is a Repugnant as is the majority effing legislature.
Re-elected the fine team of Arpaio and Thomas in Maricopa to bash the beaners -- though the former is currently under investigation by both the DoJ and the Senate.

Yep -- we're a sad bloody state, you're right!
You were doing what?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
As with every stereotype there is some truth therein. It's not a hard and fast rule though and you'll find plenty of hostility and discrimination outside of the church as well.
and between different churches..some of them are a little scary whilst some aren't....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
and between different churches..some of them are a little scary whilst some aren't....
Those Mega churches are kind of freaky; very showbusiness like. I'd feel a little intimidated if I had to go to the pastor of these places and talk to him about a personal matter.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:24 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Suck it up.
Surely you mean this one.

But we prefer being alone out here anyway. Go down the store and you can get a New Mexico passport.

As for religious groups, I'm quite positively atheist, and never seem to have a problem with them. Here, southern Colorado, or even Utah. Maybe they're allergic to me?
Attached Thumbnails Religous groups-final2008uspresidentialelectionmap.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:54 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

"I think beliefs are weird. A lot of christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back, he ever wants to see a f***ing cross"

- Bill Hicks

Sums up how I feel for the most part.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Exactly. And sometimes you don't know until you're in there and they've closed the doors behind you. Better to avoid the whole situation - just to be safe ya know.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:10 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
if I had to go to the pastor of these places and talk to him about a personal matter.
I am the in-house Bishop, I will listen to all your sordid
confessions, my child.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:14 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MightBe
I am the in-house Bishop, I will listen to all your sordid
confessions, my child.
You sound like a trustworthy sort - I may do that
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Surely you mean this one.
Yes, that's better. I thought mine looked funny.

But we prefer being alone out here anyway. Go down the store and you can get a New Mexico passport.
My first visceral memory is from a summer spent in Albuquerque. I remember being in my bare feet and walking in red dirt. My mother was there and the chocolate chips on my cookie were melting in the heat. I turned three that summer.

As for religious groups, I'm quite positively atheist, and never seem to have a problem with them. Here, southern Colorado, or even Utah. Maybe they're allergic to me?
No, religious groups don't bother me either. It's the occasional one that strays loose from the herd that has been known to cause me problems though ... but it's rarely very long before they give up.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:48 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

My first visceral memory is from a summer spent in Albuquerque. I remember being in my bare feet and walking in red dirt. My mother was there and the chocolate chips on my cookie were melting in the heat. I turned three that summer.
You're lucky. Mine is of walking on a purple shag carpet in Glasgow, no cookies in sight. There is probably a reason I don't remember what happened next.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:15 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Stick with L Ron Hubbard...
Cough Cough, you can still belief in God if you practice Scientology/Dianetic's.

Scientology allows you to believe there is a superior being and that is not Xenu.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Cough Cough, you can still belief in God if you practice Scientology/Dianetic's.

Scientology allows you to believe there is a superior being and that is not Xenu.
Oh dear. How do you know about that?! Have you been 'talking' with people down there?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh dear. How do you know about that?! Have you been 'talking' with people down there?
Oh you would be surprised!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Oh you would be surprised!
<sigh> Probably not. Hey Pete! We've lost another one!
(I have another friend who is a long time member. She seems very happy (for a cat lady). )
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:59 pm
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulJane
I by no means want to start a controversial debate here, I just have an innocent question.

When people speak of certain parts of the South West and various other area's they tend to mention the hostilities of religious groups. I have heard people mention that they are discriminated against because they dont believe a particular thing. How true is this? I myself am a practising Christian and am strong in my faith but this kind of discrimination sickens me. I personally dont want to be part of an area where I am in some kind 'in crowd' because of what I believe. If Christians were being discriminated against im certain there would be an uproar (or maybe not!) so its not acceptable for the reverse to happen.

So is this a common feature or merely a perception?

P.S. I really dont mean to step on toe's with this thread
You see, the Southern State of Texas is actually the epicenter of New Age and alternative spiritual practices. Buddhist meditation and studies are rampant in Texas, Virginia and states that would dwarf California. There have been Reiki Masters who give out public Reiki attunements to people openly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.