Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Las Vegas

Recommendations for Las Vegas

Old Feb 28th 2019, 1:52 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendations for Las Vegas

Flying to Vegas this evening for 5 nights with my wife, sister-in-law and her husband. Does anyone have any recommendations for "must-see" things whilst we are there? We are all in our mid-30's and last visited in 2015. We'll be staying at the Golden Nugget, wanted to try staying away from The Strip this time around. We are booked to do a kayaking tour tomorrow along the Colorado River where we get to see the Hoover Dam, so I guess that'll be enough outdoor activity for this trip.

Any cool bars/restaurants that people can vouch for? Things to do etc?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for Las Vegas

I have a low opinion of Vegas generally, however the bars in the Bellagio are good for hanging out with a martini and people watching.
They also have the seasonal flower display which is gorgeous, and of course the dancing fountain display outside.
Maybe you've been there already.

And of course the Cirque shows.

Outside a visit to Red Rock Canyon is worth it if it's good weather.

Could also check if there's any decent concerts on around the time you're there, Hard Rock etc...

If you got up early and took most of the day you could tour Death Valley.
There are many fantastic places to stop.
https://localadventurer.com/things-t...national-park/

That's my go-to place to decompress.

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 28th 2019 at 2:45 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 2:08 pm
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute

Vegas definitely isn't for everyone, I get that. I actually would've preferred just the 3 nights, that's plenty for me. But, my wife insisted.

When we went back in 2015 we flew from the UK. We spent the majority of our 4 night stay there adjusting to the 8 hour time difference, which really made it difficult to enjoy the trip. Didn't get to see the fountain display at the Bellagio last time so that's a good recommendation, thanks. We saw the flower display which like you said, was gorgeous, will definitely take another stroll through this time too.

I was debating whether to try a comedy show. Again, there are so many to choose from. I guess you just take a chance and pick one, hoping that you find it funny!
Old Feb 28th 2019, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Also about an hour or so north is Valley of Fire State Park and you can return drive next to Lake Mead.

And you're also driving distance, a long day, to the Grand Canyon.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter lived in Vegas for several years. When visiting her we did fun things such as the tour of the Grand Canyon. Took a small plane from the airport to Grand Canyon and then a bus and walking tour with lunch. Great day trip. We also did the Valley of Fire and Lake Mead. Bryce Canyon is another great place to visit.

I enjoyed staying at the Rio. Nice rooms, great rates, its off the strip with a shuttle bus to take you to the strip at no charge and bring you back. The VooDoo Lounge at the top of the Rio is great for drinks and dinner with a fantastic view of Vegas. You can even party outside on the rooftop. Liked the MGM Grand, Venetian, Belligo <sp>, and Ceasar's Palace. Lots of great shows to see.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I saw O (the Cirque De Soleil water show). I'm usually unimpressed by shows, but it was amazing. Highly recommend it.
Don't get any gift cards or vouchers, they are a pain to redeem.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Went on business for a week. Was definitely a marathon and not a sprint. Lots of walking to be done. Google maps doesn't do it justice.

Had a laugh getting a heart attack burger. Also had a real Chicago style pizza somewhere close to the strip. It was a chain, but can't remember the name.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 3:28 pm
JJ123

Thanks for the recommendations guys, we're excited to get away for a few days. We have two year old twin boys and this will be our first trip away since they were born so we are going to try and make the most of it!
Old Feb 28th 2019, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

'two year old twin boys'!
Vegas?
And long flights?

I shudder
Old Feb 28th 2019, 6:36 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Canyon. Oh, you have two young sprites. Never mind.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Vegas! My 3 must see visits whenever I go are
Top Golf. Admittedly it helps if you play a bit, but the Top Golf in Vegas is fantastic. Great atmosphere, booze and food in your bay and a god evening out.
Skyfall lounge. Sitting atop of the Delano, which is the new place by the Mandaly Bay, the views are fantastic. Its a cocktail bar with an open air viewing deck.
Voodoo Lounge. Another rooftop venue, it’s an open air bar right on top of the Rio. There’s a DJ up there and it’s open till well into the night. Again, some really good views of the strip at night.
Other than that, I always recommend Margaritaville for the band and the Volcano Nachos!
Old Feb 28th 2019, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You love Vegas?
C'mon Mark... You're on the Pacific Coast.

Come have a cocktail in Laguna Beach for real class.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
You love Vegas?
C'mon Mark... You're on the Pacific Coast.

Come have a cocktail in Laguna Beach for real class.
I’ve been to Laguna beach before I think. Vegas you either love it or hate it. I’m one of those that love it.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I understand...I used to like it, but that was last century, I just got tired of it.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jamackabi
Flying to Vegas this evening for 5 nights with my wife, sister-in-law and her husband. Does anyone have any recommendations for "must-see" things whilst we are there? We are all in our mid-30's and last visited in 2015. We'll be staying at the Golden Nugget, wanted to try staying away from The Strip this time around. We are booked to do a kayaking tour tomorrow along the Colorado River where we get to see the Hoover Dam, so I guess that'll be enough outdoor activity for this trip.

Any cool bars/restaurants that people can vouch for? Things to do etc?
finally a topic I have experienced in!!

if been to Vegas 6 times to watch boxing, love the place... I personally just love to eat and drink.. some fine restaurant there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.