Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

I watch quite a bit of reality TV and not much else really
These ones I watch all the time when they are when they are on:

Top Chef
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
What Not to Wear
America's Next Top Model

Occasionally I watch:
LA Ink
Househunters (and other stuff on HGTV)
Jon and Kate
How Do I look?
Cake Boss
Whose Wedding is it Anyway

I have promised myself not to watch AI this season and I'm not watching anymore Hell's Kitchen, I really think I should cut back on the crap TV
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Used to watch 'Idol' and 'so you think you can dance',but just got sick of the 'same old,same old'!,don't watch any of the 'reality' shows anymore....course, doesn't leave much of a choice on tv anymore,so spend more time on my computer!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Confession time.

I always say I don't watch reality TV but I still like Cops, and that is one of the original reality shows. I also like Wrecked, about a family of wrecker drivers and the Ice road Truckers and also the Ice Fisherman one....just don't like the girly ones much at all
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I like to watch foodnetwork star..glad our local lass one (though the guy was a bit too smooth, and liked the first show of her "series")
Masterchef thingy
survivor
Jon and Kate (but missed Monday's show)
18 kids
Project Runway
How not to Decorate
So you think you can dance (sometimes)
Last Restaurant standing

sad but true!!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:00 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

"So You Think You Can Dance"

And

"Real Housewives"....but only the NY and NJ ones

In the NJ one, Teresa flipping the table was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time...I was literally crying by the time it finished I was laughing so hard

Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
"So You Think You Can Dance"

And

"Real Housewives"....but only the NY and NJ ones

In the NJ one, Teresa flipping the table was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time...I was literally crying by the time it finished I was laughing so hard

http://blog.nj.com/realhousewives_im...table-flip.jpg
Ooo..I forgot to mention Real Housewives..makes me laugh every time and makes me feel so "normal" when I watch it!!!! Most of those women are crazy!!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just watching a new series...Shark Tank. It's the US version of Dragon's Den.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:20 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Rubys on tonight
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:08 am
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

Nits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to all

mmmm

*America's next top model
*What not to wear (I was a huuuuge fan of Trinny and Susannah way back when...)
*Clean House
*All the baby//delivery shows (including I didn't know I was pregnant)... I think I'm suffering from baby fever
*Any show that involves people trying to lose weight (including Ruby, hehe)
*Sometimes, i do enjoy watching a few episodes of Tory and Dean
*hubby loves Dragon's Den, Top Gear and Gordon Ramsay's shows(not sure if they qualify as reality)
*cake shows
*I do enjoy "don't tell the bride"... James loves it (gosh, you'd think at least one of us is British with all those shows...)
*I've enjoyed (thought can't stand them anymore) many VH1 shows:
Rock of Love
Flavor flave
I love NY
The guy who as a match maker
*I enjoy some of the MTV's real life episodes

wow... no idea how i still manage to work 40 hours a week
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:24 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes I know, and I am fully aware I need to get a life lol, but I do enjoy them as it appears do a few other folk on BE, well the one that admit it

So the Bachelor thread did very well and I decided it might be fun to have a bitch about the other, ridiculous or not so ridiculous reality shows.

Last night I decided to watch,http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/police-w...ice-women.html Police women of Broward county and I quite enjoyed it but I really think the blonde with the Joe Dirt hair do needs a make over

Spit it out which ones do you watch,yes there will be abuse and negativity to this thread thats fine
My only complaint is that they take up time when something decent could be shown, but as they say, "No one ever went broke from underestimating the standard taste of the television audience", they'd lose audience if they showed something worth the electricity it takes to send it.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I watch mostly the ones on A&E (when I have cable that is), its really the only channel I really ever watch.

Some of my favorites are:

Gene Simmons: Family Jewels

The first 48

Dog

Intervention

I also like to watch COPS on Fox

I like Dr. G medical examiner as well, but we dont get Discovery Health on our line up.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Confession time.

I always say I don't watch reality TV but I still like Cops, and that is one of the original reality shows. I also like Wrecked, about a family of wrecker drivers and the Ice road Truckers and also the Ice Fisherman one....just don't like the girly ones much at all
Yea my fave too, along with Pawn Stars, Little People Big World, Bridezillas, Say Yes to the Dress.

And the only other genre I will watch is documentaries. I don't watch any dramas, comedy, newshows at all.

Oh and my absolute fave, Road Wars UK. Anyone else see that? Isn't Chris Piggott a dish? They do a special episode where they come to Cicero, one of the most corrupt Chicago neighbourhoods. It's downloadable on the Box, and a bit of an eye opener.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

More to Love is on tonight. Expect plenty of tears!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
But other wise most reality TV shows are sh1te.
I don't really watch any except the "So You Think You Can Dance" which finished last week - and myself and my daughters were obsessed! (We've got the Canadian version starting tonight and somehow I can't think it will live up to the US series, but I expect I'll be sitting there later trying to find out )

Is this classed as a reality show? I suppose it is ....

And I occasionally find "What Not To Wear" when I'm pinging through the channels ...
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I like some reality tv, but lately have been more likely to watch HBO or Showtime than anything else. (They have some fantastic series!)

Of the reality TV options ...
American Idol (I've watched every season)
Project Runway
Design Star
Master Chef
True Life on MTV sometimes ... yeah, I know I'm too old for that channel
Real Housewives (primarily New Jersey, and generally when nothing else is on)
Little Couple occasionally

Most of these (with AI as the exception) I'll watch if I stumble onto them, but won't go looking for them necessarily.

But I've never seen Desperate Housewives, does that earn me points?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.