Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Spoke to two women at gym today both their estate agency offices have closed, one has been going for years, both been laid off.....
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Done it...............dropped our price by another $40K So that's a total of $60K off original price.

Have our first home open at the new price next weekend. Agent said someone's going to get a bargain! I just want shut of it and to go home. It's not like we're losing thousands really 'cos the xchange rate is amazing in our favour and the property market back home is dropping too, so it's not that bad a scenario.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Done it...............dropped our price by another $40K So that's a total of $60K off original price.

Have our first home open at the new price next weekend. Agent said someone's going to get a bargain! I just want shut of it and to go home. It's not like we're losing thousands really 'cos the xchange rate is amazing in our favour and the property market back home is dropping too, so it's not that bad a scenario.
Good on yer Tracey, totally agree, the exchange rate will help.

Good luck
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

We had the 'owner' of our office come round, he's re-done the advertising, renamed it and next week it goes down another $20k ($30k in total). He wasn't going to do another board, but we had a rival agency come in and our agents spotted their rivals business cards when they turned up unannounced an hour later (that could have been a sticky situation!!!) and of course I hadn't gotten round to moving the cards Still it seems to have done the trick because we also reminded our agents that they only had 4 weeks left of their contract..

Lets see if that's stirred the pot

Jo

QUOTE=TraceyW;6431967]Done it...............dropped our price by another $40K So that's a total of $60K off original price.

Have our first home open at the new price next weekend. Agent said someone's going to get a bargain! I just want shut of it and to go home. It's not like we're losing thousands really 'cos the xchange rate is amazing in our favour and the property market back home is dropping too, so it's not that bad a scenario.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kizbut1
We had the 'owner' of our office come round, he's re-done the advertising, renamed it and next week it goes down another $20k ($30k in total). He wasn't going to do another board, but we had a rival agency come in and our agents spotted their rivals business cards when they turned up unannounced an hour later (that could have been a sticky situation!!!) and of course I hadn't gotten round to moving the cards Still it seems to have done the trick because we also reminded our agents that they only had 4 weeks left of their contract..

Lets see if that's stirred the pot

Jo

QUOTE=TraceyW;6431967]Done it...............dropped our price by another $40K So that's a total of $60K off original price.

[/QUOTE]

Hi guys, I hope you dont mind if I make a suggestion. I obviously dont know your financial situation, but if I was you I wouldn't be dropping my property by such large amounts. The market at the moment is flooded with people who are desperate to sell due to high mortgages etc. The buyers out there are few and far between as they are waiting to see if there will be another interest rate rise. Put simply, you are dropping your price to match people who are in a desperate situation. If you can bide your time now it could work out better in the future. The UK market isn't going anywhere and according to the experts has a lot further to fall yet.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, I understand what you are saying and I agree with you, the other houses that were in our price brackets have dropped their by a whopping $50k we wont be doing that!! We kind of felt that the house was too highly priced anyway, but went with it for a couple of weeks to see what would happen - well, you have to chance your arm once in your life dont you . We have put together a plan B and if the house hasn't sold by the end of this month we're going to try and rent it out while its on the market. Thankfully we will still have made a tidy profit on it if we sell at this price, or even accept an offer within $10k of it, I suppose its just about trying to tidy up lose ends. We want to be out of here 1st week of August and would prefer to have everything tucked away when we go. My OH is quickly turning into a finance anorak and is constantly watching money here and the UK (apparently rents are going to rocket in the next 2 years in the UK - check out MSN uk homepage). Still, we've never had anything the easy way so we'll see how it goes I guess.
Thanks again
Jo

Hi guys, I hope you dont mind if I make a suggestion. I obviously dont know your financial situation, but if I was you I wouldn't be dropping my property by such large amounts. The market at the moment is flooded with people who are desperate to sell due to high mortgages etc. The buyers out there are few and far between as they are waiting to see if there will be another interest rate rise. Put simply, you are dropping your price to match people who are in a desperate situation. If you can bide your time now it could work out better in the future. The UK market isn't going anywhere and according to the experts has a lot further to fall yet.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tracey with the home open ....fingers and toes crossed for you!!!