Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Old May 30th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of
Default Real estate agent jacks in job!!

I knew the housing market was getting bad here, but my agent has just jacked his job in because he cant live on his retainer. Houses just aren't selling. I still have an open house tomorrow, and apparently his boss is taking on our case because he knows we want it sold, but they have no clue why we aren't getting viewers, it should have sold weeks ago - apparently Where have I heard that before?

Good luck to all those showing homes this weekend It sounds like we're going to need it

Jo
Old May 30th 2008, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Real estate agent jacks in job!!

Originally Posted by kizbut1
I knew the housing market was getting bad here, but my agent has just jacked his job in because he cant live on his retainer. Houses just aren't selling. I still have an open house tomorrow, and apparently his boss is taking on our case because he knows we want it sold, but they have no clue why we aren't getting viewers, it should have sold weeks ago - apparently Where have I heard that before?

Good luck to all those showing homes this weekend It sounds like we're going to need it

Jo
Looks like things can't get any worse!! If they don't sell houses then i suppose they will have to look for other jobs.

Last home open for me tomorrow too. Market just silly now. No hope, it's been and gone. I am changing agents next month to see if they do any better, but i won't hold my breath. I think buyers realise coming to OZ isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:51 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby came home with the lovely news about two more interest rate rises expected before Christmas

Might as well take the sign down in the garden
Old May 30th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oh I really feel for you guys, fingers and toes crossed
Old May 30th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell guys that not good news We were so lucky to sell when we did...)

I really hope summin happens soon and the market picks up but we are in the same position here, someone i know who knows a guy who owns an estate agent hasnt sold anything since Jan!!! and he says a lot of conveyancing solicitors are laying peopel off Its crap innit??

Fingers crossed it picks up soon, BTW whats the interest rate there at the mo? My mate here cant get a re-mortgage for love or money she has now gotta fork out another 200 pound a month as her fixed rate has come to an end and she cant get a re-mortgage I think everyone is in the same boat at the moment (sorry I know it doesnt help hearing that)

Kath x
Old May 30th 2008, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Interest rates hovering around the 9% mark at the moment for mortgages but there is quite a bit of variability if you hunt around and there are all sorts of different ways of doing it. I am so glad at this stage of my life to be mortgage free - having lived through the Keating years there is a sense of deja vue here.

OK, let us all have a positive think fest for those who are selling this weekend!!!!!! Good luck guys!
Old May 30th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is coming off the market after this weekend if it does'nt sell. Apparently there's a flood of houses on the market and a lot of them are desperate to sell as they are in financial strife due to all the interest rate rises. I spoke to a real estate guy yesterday who showed a house last weekend for the first time and had one person look at it. The owner has dropped it $10,000 already? Think I'll wait till everyone stops panicking and try again at a later date.
Old May 31st 2008, 12:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manc1
Think I'll wait till everyone stops panicking and try again at a later date.
I reckon this it what we'll end up having to do at some point down the line.

We'll drop it again at the end of July, if it doesn't sell then that's it. Sign will come down, and we'll leave it until the New Year. Oh heck
Old May 31st 2008, 1:29 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I feel for all of you. In the same boat but in the US with the d***ed mobile home . . . Didn't close today as scheduled (3rd time! ), but am promised that it'll be next week. I'm not holding my breath.
Old May 31st 2008, 1:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
Man, I feel for all of you. In the same boat but in the US with the d***ed mobile home . . . Didn't close today as scheduled (3rd time! ), but am promised that it'll be next week. I'm not holding my breath.

Hurry up Sarah.....hurricane seasons about to start. Mandatory evacuation and all that traffic.........

Hope next week works out good for you mate, fingers crossed
Old May 31st 2008, 1:50 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your thoughts Sugar! Yeah, I really hope to be done with it before a hurricane threatens.

My realtor and the buyer's financing officer promise that there are no more glitches at this point, but I'm at to the point where I'm not surprised by anything!
Old May 31st 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Our house in MI is standing empty and has done since Xmas...things are so bad up there....we had a viewing yesterday but no feed back yet..fingers crossed for all of us this weekend.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisa67
Our house in MI is standing empty and has done since Xmas...things are so bad up there....we had a viewing yesterday but no feed back yet..fingers crossed for all of us this weekend.
It was a very wet weekend, and had one viewing on the Saturday and Sunday, have four people interested but haven't heard no more, I am finding it really tough now and want and need to be back by lastest mid August for the new school year start in September.

I am reaching breaking point with it all, can't reduce price any more than what we have, markets just one, if they're not there what can you do?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Renie
It was a very wet weekend, and had one viewing on the Saturday and Sunday, have four people interested but haven't heard no more, I am finding it really tough now and want and need to be back by lastest mid August for the new school year start in September.

I am reaching breaking point with it all, can't reduce price any more than what we have, markets just one, if they're not there what can you do?
It's a pain isn't it? I may well find myself in exactly the same position as you in a couple of months. We'll be dropping our price by $40 - $50k, can't drop any more. if it doesn't sell, what can you do? We need to get back for OH's training course and to get kids into school after October half term, but if the house doesn't sell we're stuffed

I wish you lots of good luck, hope you get a buyer soon
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
It's a pain isn't it? I may well find myself in exactly the same position as you in a couple of months. We'll be dropping our price by $40 - $50k, can't drop any more. if it doesn't sell, what can you do? We need to get back for OH's training course and to get kids into school after October half term, but if the house doesn't sell we're stuffed

I wish you lots of good luck, hope you get a buyer soon
Thanks for that Tracey, we're both in the same position, just have to keep positive, it is a lovely home that we have and somebody will get a bargain, but just can't drop price any lower than already have. It is priced to sell.

Likewise I hope you also get a buyer soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.