Random questions..

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random questions..

Zofran is an anti-nausea drug that is not as sedating as phenergan. It is safe for very young infants to take. HTH.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
Zofran is an anti-nausea drug that is not as sedating as phenergan. It is safe for very young infants to take. HTH.
Prescription medicine?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
I've flown PHX to LHR with a 1 year old and a two year old. No problem on the overnight flight to London. Flight back to Phoenix was a nightmare. Both boys picked up a sudden bug. Started vomiting and pooping. Cabin crew were useless, just gave use the last sheet of paper towel and were tied up with someone being ill in the toilet. They were happy for the kids to puke on the seats and us just cover it up with blankets. Luckily for us we had more than the usual amount of diapers so we were dealing with just the puke everywhere and not poop. We were even approached by another lady who asking if we had any spare diapers. To top it off they even puked on the shuttle bus back from the airport to the car park.

Hope your trip goes better than ours did.
Experience!

On the way back we have a day flight will be be a challenge to say the least. At least on the way there we have red eye so hopefully the champ sleeps a tad.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Prescription medicine?
Definitely, and very expensive too. Probably the best anti nausea drug on the market.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:51 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely +1 on the extra T-shirt. I got shat on in the BA lounge at Heathrow once. Problem was I was so tired I'd made two trips to the buffet and back before I realized. In all fairness it was their fault for letting me in.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Ramdon questions..

Originally Posted by hotscot
Oh, I see...There's lots of media I download and watch on my ipad but I use freeware to download from youtube and then convert for watching...

I'll see if I can find a guide..

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388467,00.asp

http://www.amazon.com/forum/tablet?_...x2LD3RYHV8MIEM

http://kidstabletwifi.com/how-to-add...r-kids-tablet/

Basically though you download from whatever tablet service you've bought in to.
Or you convert DVD's you own, of which there are many guides on the web.
OK bear with me 'hotscot'. I am completely hopeless with this stuff so pardon me.

I bought a Samsung tablet 7 inch WiFi. My son sort of watches a few videos on youtube ...... I wanted to know if there was a way I could download and then upload it to my tablet?

Is there a guide I can refer to? I did google and try a couple of things but I couldn't get it to work. Of course the idea is to download so i dont need WiFi on the plane

Thanks in advance all

Last edited by E3only; Apr 7th 2014 at 9:52 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

OK bear with me 'hotscot'. I am completely hopeless with this stuff so pardon me.

I bought a Samsung tablet 7 inch WiFi. My son sort of watches a few videos on youtube ...... I wanted to know if there was a way I could download and then upload it to my tablet?

Is there a guide I can refer to? I did google and try a couple of things but I couldn't get it to work. Of course the idea is to download so i dont need WiFi on the plane

Thanks in advance all
Easier to do it on a desktop, then use whatever program, or plenty of free chrome extensions to download the youtube vids and use the VLC app on the tablet to play them...saves faffing about converting files.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

What Bob said...
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Easier to do it on a desktop, then use whatever program, or plenty of free chrome extensions to download the youtube vids and use the VLC app on the tablet to play them...saves faffing about converting files.
OK, might need to be spoonfed...talk me through please.

1. Download youtube video(s) on laptop
2. Download VLC app on tablet
3. Transfer youtube videos on tablet

?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I use YTD video downloader to download video from YouTube.
http://www.ytddownloader.com/

There's a free version. YouTube videos are usually in a format called mp4 which, probably, the Samsung can play directly using whatever video player it has built in.

(There's probably a video downloader for your tablet specifically. that will let you download from YouTube all on the tablet.)

Try this
http://www.thefullsignal.com/samsung...ung-galaxy-tab

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 8th 2014 at 12:22 am.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hotscot
I use YTD video downloader to download video from YouTube.
http://www.ytddownloader.com/

There's a free version. YouTube videos are usually in a format called mp4 which, probably, the Samsung can play directly using whatever video player it has built in.

(There's probably a video downloader for your tablet specifically. that will let you download from YouTube all on the tablet.)

Try this
http://www.thefullsignal.com/samsung...ung-galaxy-tab
Thanks,

YTD downloader is not on google play

the second link steps dont work
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coupla helpful links

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/fa...nd-advice.html

http://videoconverterapp.com/convert...hones-tablets/
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

OK, might need to be spoonfed...talk me through please.

1. Download youtube video(s) on laptop
2. Download VLC app on tablet
3. Transfer youtube videos on tablet

?
Pretty much.

Get and use AirDroid app as it's better than Samsung Kies, to wirelessly transfer files from desktop to your tablet.

But as mentioned, there are plenty of apps that'll just download the youtube videos directly on the tablet.

VLC app is just a nice media player to play stuff.

On a side note - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp

BubbleuPnp is a great free server app if you want to play stuff from your desktop on the tablet, or to push content from your tablet to other devices.