Radox bath......

Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:23 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radox bath......

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
When ever I see a group of people in Tub I think of.................
People soup, thats my first thought with hot tubs and Jacuzzi tubs
I shower. In 25 years I've taken only two baths, it's a waste of water. By the time I settled in and dropped my book The water was cooling off so I gave up.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:40 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
People soup, thats my first thought with hot tubs and Jacuzzi tubs
I shower. In 25 years I've taken only two baths, it's a waste of water. By the time I settled in and dropped my book The water was cooling off so I gave up.
When I am on a business trips I like my long hot bubble bath laying in my own muck, but whats the point really once I stand up I turn the shower on and wash the water mark stains of me and the tub!!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe it's just because I didn't live somewhere with a shower till I was 17....then again my dad was so tight when we was growing up that our baths never got over 2 inch of water in them. He'd go mad if we left the immersion on for to long! I wouldn't mind but I'm only 25, we didn't have a home phone till i was 10! We wasn't even that poor, he just really didn't like to spend money!

My brother takes a bath everyday and just showers after. Maybe I should speak to my father about the complexes that he has given us lol.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:56 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
When I am on a business trips I like my long hot bubble bath laying in my own muck, but whats the point really once I stand up I turn the shower on and wash the water mark stains of me and the tub!!

Sounds like you should shower first!

And "Radox" sounds toxic.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

Sounds like you should shower first!

And "Radox" sounds toxic.
Not at all is it toxic, mate. It comes in various varieties depending on whether you feel the need for Muscle Easing or a dose of Sleep Therapy or whatever takes your bathtime fancy.....I have both the above named kinds in front of me now - one is a deep lilac colour and the other sky blue but both seem to smell exactly the same anyway and the suds look the same, too so I reckon it's all a case of mind over matter. Radox also comes in shower gells, too, which I personally prefer as I prefer the time saved by a quick morning shower each day and sometimes one when I get in when working away from home.

If Radox or something of the sort is not available in America then I would be gobsmacked tbh with you. Here is a UK ad for Radox but what puzzles me is that the male voiceover has what sounds to me to be in a very American accent, unless I am mistaken, but I don't think I am as, living in Edinburgh as I do, I am well used to hearing Americanspeak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXbVYVll9A
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:59 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot I asked a mate to bring over some Radox last time they came over (made a change from hobnobs and milky bars). I'm off for a bath in some Black Pepper and Ginseng Muscle Soak
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Very interesting to hear that others have had problems with the capacity of Jacuzzi baths, it seems quite a common problem.

Our house has a Jacuzzi tub in the master bathoom. That is the manufacturer's name, though no air jets etc, just a big tub. The hot water supply is inadequate to fill it more than 1/3 full before the water starts to run cold. The previous owners apparently installed it themselves, but didn't think about how much water it required, and before we moved in it was being used to store cat litter.

In the UK we had a combination boiler that heated water as it was used, so we never had a never a problem filling a bath or taking a really long shower. Does this sort of system exist in the US?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman in Eugene
Very interesting to hear that others have had problems with the capacity of Jacuzzi baths, it seems quite a common problem.

Our house has a Jacuzzi tub in the master bathoom. That is the manufacturer's name, though no air jets etc, just a big tub. The hot water supply is inadequate to fill it more than 1/3 full before the water starts to run cold. The previous owners apparently installed it themselves, but didn't think about how much water it required, and before we moved in it was being used to store cat litter.

In the UK we had a combination boiler that heated water as it was used, so we never had a never a problem filling a bath or taking a really long shower. Does this sort of system exist in the US?
Tankless, or on-demand water heaters are available in the US. But they are more expensive to buy and install that conventional tank-style heaters. Whether tankless is better than tank is a commonly debated topic on home-improvement forums. If you really want to use the big Jacuzzi, look into either a bigger tank or a tankless heater.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 4:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman in Eugene

We have never ran out of hot water...even when the jacuzzi if filled. We have a huge hot water tank in the basement...that's probably why our gas bills are so high.