Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Originally Posted by N1cky
I hate the sweater one too, however the line "I hate the beach, but here I stand, in California with my feet in the sand" always makes me chuckle.

This is on constant loop here at the moment

KONGOS Come With me Now - YouTube
Oh yeah I recognise that!

Songs with local lyrics are always kind of fun

I'm trying to think what gets overplayed here. We had radio 4 on most of the way back from Norwich. Someone called Professor Green seems to be constantly chatting in the studio on Radio 1.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Alternative 98.7 is pretty good with a decent mixture of new stuff later in the day.
I tend to listen to Radio 1 though for the evening programmes, during my work day.
American Radio is generally so bad for...

1. Playing the same damned hits and nothing else for years and years..For example "Don't You forget About Me" is the only Simple Minds song they know...

2. They rarely tell you who they did play, no help if you were interested in finding out.

3. Presenters who have little historical/cultural knowledge about popular music. Last year I heard one say..."Here's the new song by Tee Pow...Heart and Soul."

I enjoy Radio 2 of an evening, Alec Lester sounds like he'd fit right in here in The Trailer Park, while supping my beer and reading my comics on the ipad.

Last edited by Hotscot; Sep 18th 2014 at 12:00 am.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Alternative 98.7 is pretty good with a decent mixture of new stuff later in the day.
I tend to listen to Radio 1 though for the evening programmes, during my work day.
American Radio is generally so bad for...

1. Playing the same damned hits and nothing else for years and years..For example "Don't You forget About Me" is the only Simple Minds song they know...

2. They rarely tell you who they did play, no help if you were interested in finding out.

3. Presenters who have little historical/cultural knowledge about popular music. Last year I heard one say..."Here's the new song by Tee Pow...Heart and Soul."

I enjoy Radio 2 of an evening, Alec Lester sounds like he'd fit right in here in The Trailer Park, while supping my beer and reading my comics on the ipad.
Oh that drives me nuts (or used to) with the "one song per artist".

I'm too young for Radio 2
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Not to young to have taste though I imagine.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Not to young to have taste though I imagine.
I'll give it a whirl
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But Alex Lester is on through the night in your neck of the woods. Can listen on play again streaming of course. I do recommend. Him and Richard Allinson.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't listened to the radio in over a year. Not at all. I only listen to my own CDs in my car and my commute to and from work.

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll stick with Radio 6 while in the house.
I listen to Radio 6 on my morning commute, through the TuneIn radio app on my phone, bluetoothed into my car stereo. The fact that Lauren Laverne finishes at 7am Houston time and is followed by Mark Radcliffe playing annoying jingles over the music motivates me to get up in good time in the morning.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
I listen to Radio 6 on my morning commute, through the TuneIn radio app on my phone, bluetoothed into my car stereo. The fact that Lauren Laverne finishes at 7am Houston time and is followed by Mark Radcliffe playing annoying jingles over the music motivates me to get up in good time in the morning.
I listen to 6 Music when I get into the office, so I'm too late to get Lala, which is a shame. I don't mind Radcliffe and Maconie but I do like Lamacq and Gideon Coe is Da Man.

In the car OH listens to our local public classical music station (WQXR) to calm any potential road rage from the shitty drivers of Westchester County.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Alternative 98.7

I don't seem to be able to find a station that plays more than 1 song an hour, on a morning.
Exact reason we switched to Sirius XM last year. We both found that local radio was shite with the same playlist every day it seemed. Radio personalities were crap too.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 2:10 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
Exact reason we switched to Sirius XM last year. We both found that local radio was shite with the same playlist every day it seemed.

My OH's new car came with a Sirius trial subscription, and we didn't bother to continue it because the playlist was the same every day on the music channels we listened to!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Spoken word fanatic here - sometimes KJZZ (local news and NPR shows), or whatever podcast or audiobook I currently have on the go. My 10 yr old insists on music when she's in the car, but luckily I've found some radio station or either that only seems to play 80s soft rock classics that we can sing along to.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
My OH's new car came with a Sirius trial subscription, and we didn't bother to continue it because the playlist was the same every day on the music channels we listened to!
Yes we didn't keep it up.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Exactly. Great on day one, then on day two you're going..wait a minute...
Old Sep 19th 2014, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The trick with sirius/xm trial subscriptions and regular subscription for that matter is not to auto renew it. Call them up and tell them you're going to cancel, they are always willing to deal. Let it lapse then call them up, always willing to deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.