British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Queen Elizabeth - which waiver is she using? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/queen-elizabeth-waiver-she-using-864974/)

Nutmegger Sep 10th 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Queen Elizabeth - which waiver is she using?

Originally Posted by VasyaV (Post 11745185)
For the US I (seem to have) found the exclusive list of reasons and none of them fits.

Why are you obsessed with this? HM's position is utterly unique, and nothing you can find is going to fit. She comes here by invitation, and it is all set up for her to just walk in. She doesn't need any visa, unlike lesser mortals.

VasyaV Sep 10th 2015 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 11745212)
Why are you obsessed with this? HM's position is utterly unique, and nothing you can find is going to fit. She comes here by invitation, and it is all set up for her to just walk in. She doesn't need any visa, unlike lesser mortals.

I am obsessed with the immigration law as whole, and so far I was able to see that it was set up properly to handle even the unique cases, like those private bills (when the Congress issues a "law" designated to facilitate a sole person's case).

materialcontroller Sep 10th 2015 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by VasyaV (Post 11745213)
I am obsessed with the immigration law as whole, and so far I was able to see that it was set up properly to handle even the unique cases, like those private bills (when the Congress issues a "law" designated to facilitate a sole person's case).

The Queen is a special case and the usual rules that everyone else has to follow don't apply to her. That's all you need to know.

Jerseygirl Sep 10th 2015 7:02 pm

Is this info needed for some sort of research, university course etc?

VasyaV Sep 10th 2015 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11745223)
Is this info needed for some sort of research, university course etc?

No. I am a little old to go to university :)

BritInParis Sep 10th 2015 10:19 pm

As a head of state Her Majesty would receive an automatic A-1 visa but since she doesn't possess a passport it's purely academic as there would be no passport into which to place the vignette or a passport number to link to an electronic visa.

As others have pointed out, she's the Queen, the normal rules don't apply.

Steve_ Sep 10th 2015 10:35 pm

Crg pointed out how this worked at great length when we were having an argument about I-94s in the REAL ID thread.

It is mentioned in the CFR that CBP can waive things like OBIM for certain foreign dignitaries, but technically they enter as A-1. Presumably they get paper I-94s given that they can't use the electronic I-94 website.

Steve_ Sep 10th 2015 10:36 pm

You really do need to have a look at that REAL ID thread then. :lol:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...822451/page19/

Still interested after that?

ian-mstm Sep 10th 2015 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by VasyaV (Post 11745266)

Bullshit! I'm 61, and I'm currently going to university working on another graduate degree. It sounds as though you're nothing but a "wanna-be".

Ian

Dorothy Sep 11th 2015 1:04 am

Originally Posted by VasyaV (Post 11745266)

Seriously? I'm 52 and working on my undergrad degree. My dad was in his 70s and still studying.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 11745377)
Bullshit! I'm 61, and I'm currently going to university working on another graduate degree. It sounds as though you're nothing but a "wanna-be".

Ian

What are you studying now Ian?

scrubbedexpat099 Sep 11th 2015 3:20 am

She has to request and require on behalf of herself?

md95065 Sep 11th 2015 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 11745485)
She has to request and require on behalf of herself?

"One requests and requires that one be allowed to pass freely without let or hindrance ..."

Nutek Sep 11th 2015 10:51 am

She can just write herself a note. :)

ian-mstm Sep 11th 2015 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 11745425)
What are you studying now Ian?

I'm working on a doctorate (EdD) in Educational Technology. :) Still have a couple more years to go!

ian

Nutek Sep 11th 2015 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 11745715)
I'm working on a doctorate (EdD) in Educational Technology. :) Still have a couple more years to go!

ian

You will be coming to me demanding to know why the equipment isn't working / lab is on fire / intertubes are clogged. (I have distance learning labs here).