Quality of Life

Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:43 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quality of Life

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Dont knock it till you've married it!!

My wife is allergic to alcohol....goes red as a beetroot on half a mouthful of wine/beer/whatever....permanent designated driver -sorted!! She's chinese - its not unusual for chinese - her dad and one sister are the same, her mom and sister have no problem.
I thought it was a Euphamism....
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I thought it was a Euphamism....
Isn't that when the doctor helps you on your way to the land of honey and virgins.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:39 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I can imagine living in Pittsburgh isn't exactly the place you'd voluntarily choose to be out of the whole of the United States either. I can't wait to get out of PA, I can't stand the uptight conservativeness of it.
I'm going to P'burgh for 4 days for work next week. I hate it, I'd rather eat my own poo.
I love it here in the Burgh myself - what's so bad here that's not similar to other parts of the country?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:43 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is allergic to alcohol....goes red as a beetroot on half a mouthful of wine/beer/whatever....permanent designated driver -sorted!! She's chinese - its not unusual for chinese - her dad and one sister are the same, her mom and sister have no problem.
Friend of mine has that problem - he takes some sort of alkaseltzer thing that I can't remember right now that counteracts the redness. PM me so I remember to ask him about it when he's back next week.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Friend of mine has that problem - he takes some sort of alkaseltzer thing that I can't remember right now that counteracts the redness. PM me so I remember to ask him about it when he's back next week.
I don't think he wants to know about it, designated driver and all that, perfect excuse for a few
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Its an enzyme deficiency...in case you were wondering. Its genetic. For a person of Chinese descent to not have the "problem" is uncommon.....i could tell you the science behind it, but you'd all fall asleep!!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Sounds like the only thing you saw were the ****ing credits
Sorry, but movies & music are my 'thing'!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:36 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Its an enzyme deficiency...in case you were wondering. Its genetic. For a person of Chinese descent to not have the "problem" is uncommon.....i could tell you the science behind it, but you'd all fall asleep!!
autosomal dominant?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
autosomal dominant?

It's mitochondrial. (I can explain more...might be better off sending a pm?)

(Dominant & recessive are "Mendelian" forms of genetic inheritance, so dont factor in to mitochondrial genetics).

For all u others......sorry, I'm sure that u rn't interested....

Hmmm quality of life? Love the fact that San Diego is sunny every day of the year.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

(Dominant & recessive are "Mendelian" forms of genetic inheritance, so dont factor in to mitochondrial genetics).

For all u others......sorry, I'm sure that u rn't interested....

Hmmm quality of life? Love the fact that San Diego is sunny every day of the year.
Oh please don't hold back on our account. Go right ahead.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:26 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

never knew the reasons behind it - thanks - does that apply for other asian races too, or just chinese? I used to work in the far east and the chinese seemed to fall into 2 camps - the ones like my wife who were knocked out by a sniff of the barmaids apron, and the ones with totally hollow legs who could drink all night and seem none the worse for wear (or at least not too bad by my standards anyway ). There never seemed to be much of a middle ground.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

never knew the reasons behind it - thanks - does that apply for other asian races too, or just chinese? I used to work in the far east and the chinese seemed to fall into 2 camps - the ones like my wife who were knocked out by a sniff of the barmaids apron, and the ones with totally hollow legs who could drink all night and seem none the worse for wear (or at least not too bad by my standards anyway ). There never seemed to be much of a middle ground.
same for the Japanese...but they do like there saki all the same *l*
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:38 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
same for the Japanese...but they do like there saki all the same *l*

I used to go out with Japanese and Koreans (mainly brokers and shipowners)quite a bit - used to dread it with most of them because they always seemed to be on a mission to get absolutely sh1tfaced as quickly as possible then get loud, obnoxious, sexist and offensive. I realise a lot of people would point exactly the same accusation at the brits (or maybe just the English?), but some of these guys took it to a whole new level.....there was one who had his driver follow him round all night and when he either tried to get into a fight or tried to lie down in the gutter to go to sleep ( he inevitably did one or the other) the driver would pick him up and throw him in the car. It was then the drivers call whether to take the guy home to his wife, or dump him at the company hotel....this guy was pretty senior in his company, probably late 40's early 50's, and frankly, should have known better. Christ, do I sound like a prude or what ? Don't get me wrong - I enjoy a beer same as the next guy (or I use to before I came here!! ) , and I've had my fair share of hangovers, but theres such a thing as kowing where the line is....
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Do the hang loose as youngsters? Or is it frowned upon?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

If you fear boring everyone do send a PM.... I have it in my head that mitochondrial is mtDNA?

My eldest (13) has been taking genetics and is considering it as a career.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.