British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test - QLTT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/qualified-lawyers-transfer-test-qltt-488683/)

NIRCH100 Oct 21st 2007 7:30 pm

Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test - QLTT

Hi,

I have earned my LLB degree in the UK, however was qualified as a lawyer in the USA. I am now coming back to London, and have been thinking to take the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test - QLTT exam.

I was recommended to sit the QLTT with One World Studies, which offers comprehensive programme.

Any one can tel more about the level of difficuty of the QLTT?

andrewjones96 Dec 31st 2007 3:02 pm

Re: Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test - QLTT

Hi. Did you ever get an answer to this? (am in the same boat).
Let me know or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks!

milligano Jan 21st 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by NIRCH100 (Post 5451009)
Hi,

I have earned my LLB degree in the UK, however was qualified as a lawyer in the USA. I am now coming back to London, and have been thinking to take the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test - QLTT exam.

I was recommended to sit the QLTT with One World Studies, which offers comprehensive programme.

Hi

I did the QLLT back in 1998 (Scotland - England) but it depends where you are coming from as to which exams you have to do. You will have to check that out.

It was an open book exam although you still needed to know your stuff but it did make life easier knowing you could get case names/ check things from your written study notes or books.

On the whole I thought they were relatively easy and straightforward and you walways know more than you thinkyou do unlike when I had to requalify in NZ and sit 6 exams (closed book) and had to learn and know every topic to answer two compulsory questions on every topic! Mare.

I can't recall who I used to sit my exams - it wasn't one world though. I did it all by correspondence then went to London to sit the exams at the London School of Economics over 2 days.

Have you checked with the Law Society as to what exams you have to actually do given your circs?

milligano Jan 24th 2008 8:19 am

Originally Posted by NIRCH100 (Post 5451009)
Hi,

The college of law of England & wales - that was who I used.Here's theri website link

www.college-of-law.co.uk