British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   President Obama attacks prominent British scientist (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/president-obama-attacks-prominent-british-scientist-690981/)

Octang Frye Oct 25th 2010 9:44 pm

President Obama attacks prominent British scientist

What the hell is this guy's problem?

http://i.imgur.com/eirt8.jpg

Trixie_b Oct 25th 2010 11:16 pm

Re: President Obama attacks prominent British scientist

*giggles*

ChocolateBabz Oct 26th 2010 12:24 am

Well if that's Obamacare in action I've changed my mind...

Tarkak9 Oct 26th 2010 2:34 am

- "Hey my man - let me help you out with that crick in your neck"...

1chumly Oct 26th 2010 11:55 am

Just another ploy to get his face on the news! I have never seen a president on TV as much as he is.

Rete Oct 26th 2010 12:19 pm

He is doing his chiropractor degree while he is in the White House so he can find employment in a few years.

robin1234 Oct 26th 2010 1:11 pm

Not sure about that picture. The attack looks pretty tame compared to the treatment the NHS Death Panel would have meted out to him, if was British.

meauxna Oct 26th 2010 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 8943174)
Not sure about that picture. The attack looks pretty tame compared to the treatment the NHS Death Panel would have meted out to him, if was British.

Didja see the story from yesterday, about the guy they accidentally unplugged from his life support?

robin1234 Oct 26th 2010 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8943854)
Didja see the story from yesterday, about the guy they accidentally unplugged from his life support?

Was that in Britain, do you mean? Part of the Spending Review?

meauxna Oct 26th 2010 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 8943934)
Was that in Britain, do you mean? Part of the Spending Review?

Yes, Britain. No, it was just a NHS nurse. But the guy had been suspicious of poor performance and was monitoring his bedside care with a video camera.

robin1234 Oct 26th 2010 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8943940)
Yes, Britain. No, it was just a NHS nurse. But the guy had been suspicious of poor performance and was monitoring his bedside care with a video camera.

OMG I read the story. Can you imagine, not just having that terrible disability, but being so totally helpless in the face of possible incompetence like someone pulling the wrong plug.. and he'd actually anticipated the possibility. Very sobering. I feel so sorry for him & his loved ones.

pejpm1 Oct 26th 2010 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1chumly (Post 8943020)
Just another ploy to get his face on the news! I have never seen a president on TV as much as he is.

oh god I hope this is a joke...

meauxna Oct 26th 2010 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 8943947)
OMG I read the story. Can you imagine, not just having that terrible disability, but being so totally helpless in the face of possible incompetence like someone pulling the wrong plug.. and he'd actually anticipated the possibility. Very sobering. I feel so sorry for him & his loved ones.

And me. :(
No, it would be a complete horror show, to not trust the people your very life depended on.

Mind you, I'd still like to have the problem of worrying about a home health care worker, not that that will ever happen here in my lifetime. :(

robin1234 Oct 26th 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by pejpm1 (Post 8943949)
oh god I hope this is a joke...

Definitely not a joke. On forums like BE, it is a rule that jokes have to be flagged with an emoticon. Otherwise the offending Member is severely sanctioned.

robin1234 Oct 26th 2010 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8943066)
He is doing his chiropractor degree while he is in the White House so he can find employment in a few years.

True... he'll be at a loose end in January 2017