Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

President Deval Patrick the new Barack Obama?

President Deval Patrick the new Barack Obama?

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Deval Patrick the new Barack Obama?

Originally Posted by robin1234
Also this thing about being a millionaire. 12.7 percent of the adult population of the US are millionaires. Now, if you were to limit that to folks over the age of 60 (people who are more likely to have the mortgage paid off and the retirement savings built up) presumably the percent of that population who are millionaires must be much higher. So not really a meaningful status.
Spot on Robin, and I'd imagine it's the same for many other countries.

Not many of us on BE make a point of saying how much money we have, probably because it's a rather crass thing to do. Also, who cares?
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:45 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Also this thing about being a millionaire. 12.7 percent of the adult population of the US are millionaires. Now, if you were to limit that to folks over the age of 60 (people who are more likely to have the mortgage paid off and the retirement savings built up) presumably the percent of that population who are millionaires must be much higher. So not really a meaningful status.
Course it's not. As I said before there must be half the people on my street who are millionaires if you take the value of their houses and bank accounts, 401Ks, IRAs, CDs and combine them into net worth.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Course it's not. As I said before there must be half the people on my street who are millionaires if you take the value of their houses and bank accounts, 401Ks, IRAs, CDs and combine them into net worth.
Exactly
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:43 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Spot on Robin, and I'd imagine it's the same for many other countries.

Not many of us on BE make a point of saying how much money we have, probably because it's a rather crass thing to do. Also, who cares?
I bathe myself in asses milk every morning, and I light my cigars with hundred dollar bills. But I’m not going to start boasting about my net worth.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much everyone in Vancouver who owns a house that is paid off could become a millionaire if they sold.

I might make a million over my lifetime......ha ha
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 10:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a millionaire. All I have to do is sell a kidney and pawn an eyeball. Oh, and shave my head and sell my hair to the wig-maker. I'm a rich mother ****er, tbh.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:51 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I'm a millionaire. All I have to do is sell a kidney and pawn an eyeball. Oh, and shave my head and sell my hair to the wig-maker. I'm a rich mother ****er, tbh.
I can't comment on if you are rich but the other self description you mentioned is on point
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
I can't comment on if you are rich but the other self description you mentioned is on point
And?

You don't seem to possess self-awareness so I'll spell it out for you . . . the entire thread is laughing at you, not with you.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:29 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Being an effective governor of a small New England State is a far cry from being President of the United States. I disagree entirely that being a good Governor necessarily makes a good President. Several years serving in Congress or the Senate and being conversant with the way the Constitution works, the system of checks and balances, the limits of power in certain areas is the groundwork for becoming an effective President. Don't count on Deval surging full bore ahead of the other candidates to win the nomination. The scene is already set. The recent results from North Carolina speak for themselves. Biden is way ahead of the rest, Warren trailing. The black and most of the Hispanic vote is solidly behind Biden because they know and trust him. Short of doing anything stupid beforehand he will be the nominee. The fact that he used his name to win a cushy job for his unqualified son with a large Ukraine energy company will it seems be overlooked. He will however face a challenge from a sitting president who is presiding over a strong economy and a record breaking low unemployment rate

As for Trump he has begun a new way of communicating with the voters and I think future Presidents will follow suit. it's an improvement over WH press conferences without a doubt. Now Trump may speak at times like a truck driver at drinking session with his buddies and his choice of companionship a little on the lower scale but Presidents are not saints and never were. Thomas Jefferson had several kids out of wedlock with his mistress a slave girl named Sally Hemmings. FD Roosevelt was cheating on his wife with a mistress for years and it's often said that his wife Eleanor the first lady was involved in a same sex relationship during their marriage which overall by modern standards was a chronic basket case. John Kennedy's philandering was legendary and at one time an affair with the German born wife of a US Air Force Sergeant (She) having some connection with members of the East German Communist party. It got so bad that his brother Robert the Attorney-General fearing that FBI Director Hoover might resort to some form of blackmail made a deal with Hoover to drop support of Martin Luther King in exchange for Hoover turning the other cheek to John's extra marital activities. It's entirely possible had he lived that sooner or later there would have been calls for his impeachment thus the sleaze factor is nothing new in Presidential history.

I'm only a millionaire if my house value and my 401k is bundled together. It's no big deal. Probably half of the people on my street could be counted in the same category
It's true that home prices for years have gone through the roof which essentially mean many of us will need to become millionaires just to afford to live in our desired neighborhoods. But still it is an accomplishment to achieve financial security even at a beginning stage. You should be proud of the hard work it took to achieve your status. Places like California, New York, Florida ect are good examples of where people are being priced out of various choices. I would tell anybody to buy real estate but do your homework before hand in order to protect your future.

On the Trump issue, you have a strong opinion why you support Trump and I respect that. I personally don't associate with people that have Trump's history of low life behavior. If you do that is your right. Trump has committed treason against our country and I know republicans that are ok with treason if carried out by people who they support. I have to look myself in the mirror every day and that alone prevents me from questionable choices. Which is why I could never support anyone that has committed crimes like those of Donald Trump. I agree with you that past presidents have had lapses of judgement but not one of them can I point to that have used foreign countries help in order to corrupt our presidential elections.

You have to ask your self if a president from an opposing party were using foreign help in meddling and changing the outcome of our elections would you be comfortable with your vote being changed? My response to that question keeps me from being an enabler to my republican party.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:31 am
Banned

And?

You don't seem to possess self-awareness so I'll spell it out for you . . . the entire thread is laughing at you, not with you.
Happy Thanksgiving and up coming Christmas!
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I bathe myself in asses milk every morning, and I light my cigars with hundred dollar bills. But I’m not going to start boasting about my net worth.
You bathe yourself? No buxom beauties scrubbing your back and using something more gentle for the wobbly bits? Peasant.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:37 am
Concierge

I love you Leslie.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:34 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I love you Leslie.
Love you back
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:38 am
Banned

Love you back
I love you Leslie and I promise it's not an act of mercy.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 5:55 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
It's true that home prices for years have gone through the roof which essentially mean many of us will need to become millionaires just to afford to live in our desired neighborhoods. But still it is an accomplishment to achieve financial security even at a beginning stage. You should be proud of the hard work it took to achieve your status. Places like California, New York, Florida ect are good examples of where people are being priced out of various choices. I would tell anybody to buy real estate but do your homework before hand in order to protect your future.

On the Trump issue, you have a strong opinion why you support Trump and I respect that. I personally don't associate with people that have Trump's history of low life behavior. If you do that is your right. Trump has committed treason against our country and I know republicans that are ok with treason if carried out by people who they support. I have to look myself in the mirror every day and that alone prevents me from questionable choices. Which is why I could never support anyone that has committed crimes like those of Donald Trump. I agree with you that past presidents have had lapses of judgement but not one of them can I point to that have used foreign countries help in order to corrupt our presidential elections.

You have to ask your self if a president from an opposing party were using foreign help in meddling and changing the outcome of our elections would you be comfortable with your vote being changed? My response to that question keeps me from being an enabler to my republican party.
I have little choice but to support Trump. Look at the alternatives. An arm waving, class warfare slightly unbalanced individual who thinks she's an Indian and who wants to redistribute the wealth from the rich and "has a plan" for a universal health plan that she cannot or will not explain how it is to be paid for. Apparently she threw a bit of a tantrum after learning that Mark Zuckerberg had dined with Trump one evening recently. No doubt she's already planning on breaking up Facebook. Bernie's just a raving old man, the Pied Piper of false promises. Your hero (Deval Patrick)'s decision to join the race has been received with a distinctly underwhelming response.
Biden is probably the best choice amongst a bunch of non-entities and the two loonies I've already described. I don't see him doing well against Trump in debates though. His performance so far has been lackluster but he's probably what the majority moderate Democrat voters will accept and he does have the backing of the ethnic minority voting bloc. As a leader he will probably never do anything foolish but at the same time achieve very little in the issues that matter, the opioid crisis, the immigration problem and the trade imbalance with China but he's "safe" and will not destroy the country economically or reduce the populace to near civil war.

The effort to remove Trump headed by bug eyed shifty Schiff who has already decided he's guilty only makes me dislike the Democrats even more and there's something "rotten in the State of Denmark" when he refuses to allow any republican to interview his whistleblower. Nancy Pelosi has already demonstrated her inability to get much done since she became Speaker. There was an effort to replace her when the Dems won the majority in Congress but she fought tooth and nail to fend off any challenges. It wouldn't surprise me that by 2020 she could again lose the House as she did once in the past. If the effort to impeach Trump gets nowhere and the Dems and their Gauleiter Old Shifty move on trying to remove him by other methods and tying up the business of Congress in the process a weary burned out public may ask what she has achieved by Nov 2020 and the Dems facing yet another defeat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.