Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

pre-employment psychological testing

pre-employment psychological testing

Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:23 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pre-employment psychological testing

when i graduated - most of the grad jobs i was going for had some kind of test. I can remember one which had 2 questions that really stick in my mind.

Do you like tall women?
Do you ever get so angry you want to hit people?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:46 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
Do you ever get so angry you want to hit people?
I would have offered a demonstration.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to try this logic test. Remember it is a logic test and not a fact test.

http://www.think-logically.co.uk/lt.htm

I got 13 out of 15.

I suspect your brain has to be pretty messed up to get 15 out of 15.

Last edited by Michael; Jul 15th 2009 at 10:47 am.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:31 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
You might want to try this logic test. Remember it is a logic test and not a fact test.

http://www.think-logically.co.uk/lt.htm

I got 13 out of 15.

I suspect your brain has to be pretty messed up to get 15 out of 15.

I just got 15 out of 15.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:56 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mellybrown
I am so pissed off. I had the 2nd interview for a job i desperately want today, the first part was a regular interview and then the 2nd part was some psychological tests - these things annoy the crap out of me!!! So i know im supposed to answer honestly and not put what I think they want me to say....so I do that....I dont know why the woman was timing me..thankfully im not a slow reader!! But the last test was some complete bas*ard of a tes - mental arithmatic!!!! No I do not know how to divide or multiply 65788 by 35333 - why would I need to when I can use a calculator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a horrible feeling that just cost me the job and I am PISSED off!!!

Don't worry about it! You probably had a great interview, it wont be as shit as you might expect. In any event, if it does go tits up that's fate, you will in all likelihood get a better job. Prospective employees at my company have to juggle fire, whilst riding a unicycle..
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:08 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

I got 13

the men are from mars women are from venus one tricked me!!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:58 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pharrya
I've only ever had to do one of these once, and it was for a large international bank in the City of London. I didn't get the job, but it did get a copy of my 'psychological profile' from the day and that was the biggest load of crap going.

But the Math's questions -Don't they teach long multiplication in school anymore?

Btw. 65788 by 35333 is 2,324,487,404
I was thinking I certainly could do it from scratch, providing I had enough paper,

What does concern me is the gal at the Sonic window this morning (who was bemoaning that the computer didn't work), took a fair amount of time to figure out that the change she owed me was 60 cents (or cent as they say here) when I gave here 6.08 for a 5.48 tab. That bothers me more than long division or multiplication capability- that's not difficult math.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:16 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

I just got 15 out of 15.
Me too, not sure how that would make us "messed up", just logical thinkers.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

I just got 15 out of 15.
Me too!

Messy brain have I
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:19 pm
BritChickUS

kwilson will become famous soon enoughkwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
Can't you do really shit on the test and then sue them for discrimination?
Nope
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:21 pm
BritChickUS

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Surprised they did it on the 2nd interview though, most companies use these to disqualify people from an interview at all to save time, and not have to actually look at as many applications.

Even very low paid jobs use these tests now, I know Target does and when I worked for them in 2004 my store was paying 6.75/hr. But the test basically did the hiring, score above a certain level, you were hired, blelow and they never looked at you, and you had to pass a drug screen as well.

I think some Wal-Mart stores are using them now as well.

I used to run a temp/staffing agency and the majority of our business was basic light industrial/warehouse jobs - in Florida for less than $10 - and we did all sorts of testing and background checks on ALL of our applicants.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwilson
Nope
whooosh...

nevermind.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:33 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
whooosh...

nevermind.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:40 pm
BritChickUS

Originally Posted by Bob
whooosh...

nevermind.