Planespotting II

Old Jan 19th 2021, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

I suspect air travel will be more expensive going forward for awhile, with all the aircraft airlines have retired permanently that capacity wont come back overnight, and some airlines like Delta have already said they expect to be smaller going forward at least in the mid-term.

I have looked at some fares from Canada to the US, and even during a pandemic fares are a fair bit higher than they typically would be, but I guess with such a reduction in service and competition, they can charge those who need to fly a premium.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I suspect air travel will be more expensive going forward for awhile, with all the aircraft airlines have retired permanently that capacity wont come back overnight, and some airlines like Delta have already said they expect to be smaller going forward at least in the mid-term.

I have looked at some fares from Canada to the US, and even during a pandemic fares are a fair bit higher than they typically would be, but I guess with such a reduction in service and competition, they can charge those who need to fly a premium.
I haven’t looked at international routes in a while but I just booked 3 adults for a one way ticket from Denver to Dallas-Fort Worth for $76 (total, inc taxes) on Frontier. Pretty dang cheap. First time flying since the rona started so I’m curious to see how it’s all handled, probably pretty poorly.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 3:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
I haven’t looked at international routes in a while but I just booked 3 adults for a one way ticket from Denver to Dallas-Fort Worth for $76 (total, inc taxes) on Frontier. Pretty dang cheap. First time flying since the rona started so I’m curious to see how it’s all handled, probably pretty poorly.
There are some select dates for some domestic flights near that price range, looking at February on random dates there are a couple days where the Vancouver to Edmonton fare is $85, $48 fare airline is charging and $37 in taxes and fees, the other days are in the $230 price range one way.

Looking at Delta in February RT to San Diego from Vancouver is $438 CAD about double what I paid 2 February's ago.

Transborder flights to attract a fair amount of Canadian and US taxes along with airport fees.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 20th 2021 at 3:10 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

American Airlines apparently has too much wine due to lack of flights, and alcohol bans in place, so why not sell it and offer a monthly subscription plan to offload it, or they are desperate for any revenue they can find.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/tech/...ery/index.html

As expected Delta took a massive loss for 2020.

https://news.delta.com/delta-air-lin...ancial-results
Old Feb 20th 2021, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

2 uncontained engine failures today. 1 from a 747 cargo flight in the Netherlands saw debris land in a residential area, and then this 777 departing Denver. Very, very bad. Maybe coincidence, but I wonder if these aircraft were grounded during the pandemic.

Old Feb 20th 2021, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

I can't find if the United plane in Denver was stored, no indication on plane spotters that it was.

The aircraft involved appears to be N772UA. Since February 9th it has operated 17 flights, the last flight prior to the incident flight was this morning, UA2465 Chicago to Denver.

United 1832 Cancun to Houston diverted to New Orleans today with an engine shut down and flaps issue. Appears the aircraft operating the flight today has spent the last 2 days in Cancun after diverting there on the 18th for a maintenance issue.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Feb 20th 2021 at 9:01 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

A screenshot of some in flight video from that 777. Not particularly what you want to see when you look out of the window LOL.

Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

That a very serious uncontained failure. Potential lethal if parts are flung in the wrong direction.

Any info on the manufacturer of the engines fitted to the Triple 7?
Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by civilservant
That a very serious uncontained failure. Potential lethal if parts are flung in the wrong direction.

Any info on the manufacturer of the engines fitted to the Triple 7?
Pratt and Whitney on that one.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Dash cam video appears to have caught the moment the engine decided not to work anymore.

Old Feb 21st 2021, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

A couple more pics. I’ll tell you what...... that could have been real nasty!!!!

Old Feb 21st 2021, 4:12 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
A couple more pics. I’ll tell you what...... that could have been real nasty!!!! ......
I have never understood why people tend to squat for such pictures ..... are they planning on sh!tting on the debris?
Old Feb 21st 2021, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Photo after landing.

Old Feb 21st 2021, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine sitting on the plane and seeing that engine???

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 21st 2021 at 8:29 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Now there is another one involving a cargo 747 in the Netherlands, also with Pratt & Whitney engines.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/21/europ...rnd/index.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.