Planespotting II

Old Oct 19th 2020, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Quick visual of how cabin air works.

https://youtu.be/Q2_C2iN-tEs

This one from Air Canada as well

https://youtu.be/06eWddXMOz0
Thanks for those - looks somewhat reassuring! My concern remains, though ... if the person behind me happens to be infected, and is 'loose' in his use of masks, will that air circulation be sufficient to stop me breathing in enough virus to get sick. Currently, I have no pressing need to fly so I will continue to avoid it. My good friend has a daughter in LA, and she's flown down there several times already to visit. Another friend of mine has a job in Detroit but bought a home in Wyoming, and commutes every week or two. They all seem to think it's perfectly safe.
Old Oct 20th 2020, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The above video is just the ATC recording.

The below video here is inside one of the aircraft. Not everyday there is an inside view also.

Old Oct 21st 2020, 2:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... The above video is just the ATC recording.

The below video here is inside one of the aircraft. Not everyday there is an inside view also. .....
Thanks for posting - I had seen the ATC audio video, but wasn't aware of the in-plane video.

If anyone is interested in the video of the "close call" but not a load of vicarious time in a light aircraft, jump ahead to 8:30. ..... And the video isn't really that dramatic, certainly not as dramatic as it would have been in reality.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 10:51 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

And the video isn't really that dramatic, certainly not as dramatic as it would have been in reality.
Indeed. I think the statement 'right here in the cockpit with me' was a little melodramatic. I expected to see the thing appear at eye level, not probably a hundred feet in front and below him.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Indeed. I think the statement 'right here in the cockpit with me' was a little melodramatic. I expected to see the thing appear at eye level, not probably a hundred feet in front and below him.

Same. I came across the audio only one first, then you tube recommended the other one, based on what I heard on the audio one, I was expecting the other plane to be closer and at a closer flight level, although I can imagine it would be some what startling if flying on approach and that happens, but I wouldn't say it was as close as I was expecting based on the audio.

Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that was pretty darn dramatic. That guy should have his license immediately revoked as far as I’m concerned. Who the hell does pattern work with their radio turned right down?! Absolutely crazy. Did the pilot who performed the go around over react? Absolutely not as far as I’m concerned. Don’t know what the equivalent of a mandatory occurance report is here, but I’d certainly be filing one!

**EDIT** Turns out MORs are used over here too. I guess we are just too sleepy an airport to ever have anyone feel the need to file one.

Last edited by markonline1; Oct 21st 2020 at 6:31 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:49 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying that the transgressor was blameless, far from it, I agree he should be reported. I just don't think that 'in my cockpit with me' was in any way an accurate statement.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

TSA check points hit 1,031,505 on October 18, looks like the first its been over 1 million since March. (2019 same weekday saw 2,606,266 passengers.)

Yesterday was
662,484 though (2019 same weekday was 2,514,673)

Old Oct 27th 2020, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Things not looking so hot at Southwest.

"“I need you all to understand we’re in a dangerous situation,” Kelly said. “The ship is taking on water, and we cannot ignore the problem.”

Operating costs currently 80% higher than revenue.

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel...rus-update/amp
Old Nov 7th 2020, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Southwest has sent out some WARN letters. If they end up laying employees off will be the first time in company history.

Seems the union for the affected work group refuses to take any concessions. The company has asked unions to agree to 10% pay cuts.

Other work groups may follow depending on union negotiations.

42 affected so far.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Chopper crash on top of a hospital in Los Angeles, all 3 onboard survived.

The chopper was carrying a transplant heart, which form what I can find also survived and was successfully transplanted.

Seeing another video on the local news, after firefighter got the heart from the chopper, the hospital staff tripped and dropped it. But seems they are packed well, no harm done, and a life still saved.

Imagine the story the recipient will be able to tell everyone about the trip their new heart took.

Reddit post has a video, no fire, and not graphic.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 9th 2020 at 2:49 am.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 9:24 pm
Often not so civil...

Seems like tail rotor failure maybe?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Not many frames to tell, but in the ones I can see the tail rotor "spinning", which, if it was working properly, I don't thing I could.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Sun Country Airlines getting a $45 million loan from US Treasury, they used their loyalty rewards program as collateral.

Sun Country applied for the loan in April and was approved in late October.

Apollo Global Management, Inc and Amazon both have stakes in Sun Country.

Sun Country provides passenger service to sun destinations, charters along with now doing cargo flights for Amazon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...llo-cares-act/

Old Nov 11th 2020, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Sun Country Airlines getting a $45 million loan from US Treasury, they used their loyalty rewards program as collateral.

Sun Country applied for the loan in April and was approved in late October.

Apollo Global Management, Inc and Amazon both have stakes in Sun Country.

Sun Country provides passenger service to sun destinations, charters along with now doing cargo flights for Amazon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...llo-cares-act/

Isn't that the firm that posted really healthy 3rd quarter results recently? I can't read WaPo but April to October Good thing they weren't desperate for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.