Planespotting II

Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by lansbury

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy my ex wife a ticket for anywhere she wants to go on one.
May Father said something similar when I was 18, more it cost him the better.

One way.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy my ex wife a ticket for anywhere she wants to go on one.
Probably wouldn't have been quite so much of a waste of money if you'd done that before the grounding ...

Also, yikes
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a horrible feeling we'd be going on a MAX-8 on our flight back to DEN from YYZ before the grounding, looks like it's a little Embraer ERJ-190AR again.

Really enjoyed the flight here on it, very good legroom for peasant class too.

I'm assuming the FAA's delay to ground the Boeing has something to do with Donny's close ties to them and their lobbying power in Congress?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Had a horrible feeling we'd be going on a MAX-8 on our flight back to DEN from YYZ before the grounding, looks like it's a little Embraer ERJ-190AR again.

I like the ERJs, I've flown on a couple of 190s and they're always pretty nice. Comparable to the A320, and the ones I flew on with Air Canada had full IFE, even for my half-hour hop over the lake to Toronto.

I'm assuming the FAA's delay to ground the Boeing has something to do with Donny's close ties to them and their lobbying power in Congress?
I always heard anecdotally that the FAA was always historically reluctant to do anything that might hurt Boeing, hence the delay in grounding. But as I said that's anecdotal so take it as you will.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

FAA is nicknamed tombstone agency for a reason.

Have to remember the FAA has conflicting responsibilities, they are not only a regulator but also tasked with promoting civil aviation and development of new technology along with others and some of these responsibilities creates conflicts.

NTSB has over the years gotten frustrated with the FAA as well for either not implementing their recommendations or taking too long to do so.

The US really ought to have a true independent aviation regulator whose sole task is only regulating civil aviation and only concern being safety.

As for Embraer jets, unless upfront in first class or in comfort economy, I find the 170/175 one of the most uncomfortable planes, only ones worse are the CRJ jets, can't even stand up in one of those. Never flown on the 190 though and likely never will so can't compare the differences if any between the smaller cousins.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 14th 2019 at 4:29 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
FAA is nicknamed tombstone agency for a reason.

Have to remember the FAA has conflicting responsibilities, they are not only a regulator but also tasked with promoting civil aviation and development of new technology along with others and some of these responsibilities creates conflicts.

NTSB has over the years gotten frustrated with the FAA as well for either not implementing their recommendations or taking too long to do so.

The US really ought to have a true independent aviation regulator whose sole task is only regulating civil aviation and only concern being safety.

As for Embraer jets, unless upfront in first class or in comfort economy, I find the 170/175 one of the most uncomfortable planes, only ones worse are the CRJ jets, can't even stand up in one of those. Never flown on the 190 though and likely never will so can't compare the differences if any between the smaller cousins.
There is absolutely no conflict whatsoever in a Regulator. The Regulator can promote civil aviation most effectively by prioritising (& by being seen to prioritise) safety, first & foremost, particularly by overseeing governance & safety critical regimes. The FAA does not develop technology in its own right but oversees the introduction of technology to improve capacity & efficiency in a safe & expeditious manner. Any member of FAA management who sees their role as being in any way different should be censured & if necessary removed.

Old Mar 14th 2019, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Denver should be open this afternoon, or is the one with Ski Landing Gear?
Old Mar 16th 2019, 12:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

American Airlines has suspended service to Venezuela, pilots and flight attendant union refusing to fly there.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ezuela-flights
Old Mar 16th 2019, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
True, but stalling a "perfectly good plane" in very challenging weather conditions isn't quite the same as losing a plane in relatively benign conditions. ..... But then there is Asiana 214!

I hate to say it, but if a plane comes down with no immediately obviously/ already known issue, i.e. through conversation with ATC, then these days pilot suicide has to be a significant possibility, not the highest probability, but more than a small one.
​​​​
I am not too sure about pilot suicide at least at this point.

1) NTSB is still leading the investigation.

2) If the CVR had any hint of an intentional act, the FBI would be lead agency in the investigation.

3) As of March 14, the FBI stated the NTSB is still leading the investigation.

If the FBI suddenly becomes lead, that will indicate an intentional act is being considered.

Old Mar 16th 2019, 1:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am not too sure about pilot suicide at least at this point.

1) NTSB is still leading the investigation.

2) If the CVR had any hint of an intentional act, the FBI would be lead agency in the investigation.

3) As of March 14, the FBI stated the NTSB is still leading the investigation.

If the FBI suddenly becomes lead, that will indicate an intentional act is being considered.
Thank you, that is interesting insight to the investigation protocol.
Old Mar 16th 2019, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

I went flying today for lunch about 85 miles away, While there I met a pilot I had met briefly several years ago. He is s 767 captain for a major freight hauler. He said that thru his contacts, there is a good chance that the 767 crash in Texas was deliberate based on black box data.
Old Mar 17th 2019, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Looks like Southwest and the maintenance union have reached a tentative deal. The last contract expired 6 years ago.
  • Twenty percent (20%) snap-up to base wage rates effective April 1, 2019;
  • Three percent (3%) base rate increases on August 16 in 2019-2023;
  • One hundred sixty million ($160,000,000) dollar ratification bonus that is 401(k) and profit sharing-eligible;
  • Agreement amendable August 16, 2024;
AMFA | Southwest Airlines News & Updates

The mechanics had rejected an offer from the company in September that, that offer saw 14.8% pay increase and 90 million for bonus, so in the end the employees seem to have gotten a better deal.

Old Mar 17th 2019, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Cool photo of retro BA livery landing in San Diego.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sandiego/co...t_between_san/
Old Mar 17th 2019, 10:05 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Good picture
Old Mar 18th 2019, 12:44 am
Account Closed

DOT is investigating the FAA approval of the 737 MAX according to Wall Street Journal.

https://outline.com/pBYSWt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.