Planespotting II

Old Mar 10th 2019, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by lansbury
I would be very suspect of the flightradar data from that part of the world. How many sending stations do they have and what areas have no coverage. A lot of their data comes from equipment run on a voluntary basis, not from commercial sources.
Flight radar says they only have data only for the first 3 minutes of this particular flight, anything beyond that isn't accurate.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

China is apparently asking its airlines to ground their 737Max aircraft for now.

"China asked domestic airlines to temporarily ground Boeing Co. 737 Max jets after a model operated by Ethiopian Airlines crashed on Sunday, Caijing reported, citing an unidentified industry participant."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...x-caijing-says

Cayman Airways is grounding its 2 737 Max aircraft until further notice.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2019/0...ax-8-aircraft/
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Boeing's share price is taking a massive wallop again. If this turns out to be in any way similar to the Lion Air crash, it really speaks to aviation's desire to cut down on training costs as much as possible.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Boeing's share price is taking a massive wallop again. If this turns out to be in any way similar to the Lion Air crash, it really speaks to aviation's desire to cut down on training costs as much as possible.
I find it scary that the manufacturer installs a safety override, to reduce the risk of pilot-induced stalls, and the crew proceed to fight the safety override! …. Didn't something similar happen with Asiana 214 - the plane's systems knew there was a problem, but the crew ignored the warnings.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I actually got through reading the crash report of Asiana last week.

Essentially they didn't know that the A/T mode that was engaged would not hold their speed appropriately and they failed to notice that their speed and glide path was deteriorating. By the time they responded with TOGA power (2.5 secs before impact) the engines didn't have enough time to respond. They struck the seawall with N1 at about 92%.

Pilots seem to be the primary cause of aircraft crashes at this point. Mishandling the aircraft and it's automation.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Pilots seem to be the primary cause of aircraft crashes at this point. Mishandling the aircraft and it's automation.
I think it is a question of pilot/systems interaction and failure to understand how the safety systems work. That is more to do with training.

In the LionAir case there were real questions about whether Boeing had effectively communicated the change in the safety systems on the 787 MAX.

The fact that several operators are now grounding their fleet indicates serious concern, way beyond simple pilot error.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope we don't go from -

"If it ain't Boeing I ain't going"

to -

"If it's Boeing I ain't going"
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Let's hope we don't go from -

"If it ain't Boeing I ain't going"

to -

"If it's Boeing I ain't going"
When there are really only two choices of large jet aircraft, and Airbus has had it's fair share of issues with uncontrolled downward acceleration over the years, I am more interested in the reputation of the airline and it's pilots than the manufacturer. If I was flying long haul I would prefer a North American, British, or West European airline, or one of a very short list of Asian or Middle Eastern Airline, and obviously QANTAS would be on my list.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 11th 2019 at 3:46 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
When there are really only two choices of large jet aircraft, and Airbus has had it's fair share of issues with uncontrolled downward acceleration over the years, I am more interested in the reputation of the airline and it's pilots than the manufacturer. If I was flying long haul I would prefer a north American, British, or West European airline, or one of a very short list of Asian or Middle Eastern Airline, and obviously QANTAS would be on my list.
I agree, it would be a shame if a manufacturer with a record like Boeing should find itself in severe difficulty as a result of these accidents. Currently presuming these 2 recent incidents are "aberrations" rather than a fundamental issue with the aircraft.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:36 pm
Often not so civil...

QANTAS would be on my list
I don't think it's an acronym, I'm fairly sure it's Qantas
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:41 pm

I don't think it's an acronym, ….
Well that's how it started out, … or do they consider it to be like HSBC these days?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Wikipedia: The Qantas name comes from "QANTAS", an acronym for its original name, "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services", and it is nicknamed "The Flying Kangaroo".
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Wikipedia: The Qantas name comes from "QANTAS", an acronym for its original name, "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services", and it is nicknamed "The Flying Kangaroo".
Thank you!
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:48 pm
Often not so civil...

Actually I’m wrong... I had no idea that it actually was!!

You learn something new everyday...
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:51 pm

Actually I’m wrong... I had no idea that it actually was!!

I guess you never asked yourself why an English-speaking country came up with a word/name has a Q without a following U.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.