Planespotting II

Old Mar 6th 2020, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

This sucks for the cabin crew based in Vancouver, Cathay is closing the Vancouver base and laying off 147 employees.

Not a huge surprise as they have been cutting back service, but still sucks for those employees.

Old Mar 7th 2020, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Air New Zealand are pulling out of Heathrow. They’ve sold their slots for a cool $27m! Just over half of what Kenya Airways were paid for theirs. Those slots at Heathrow are pretty darn valuable!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhor.../#e7fc628763dc
Old Mar 7th 2020, 6:30 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

All those 737 Max being out of service isn't quite the issue it was a few months ago, is it?
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It had a number of problems, but was ultimately polished off by Coronavirus.

Final nail, but this company has been sounding out that it's going bust for months, had a scare last year, then another very recently.

It was hoping for some government assistance which ultimately never developed, I'm not sure a week's worth of slow trading is the blame the timing just makes it easier to blame Corona virus.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
All those 737 Max being out of service isn't quite the issue it was a few months ago, is it?
How things change quickly in the airline world.

United for example went from needing aircraft and having trouble, to cutting 20% international and 10% domestic schedule and considering parking planes, other airlines by cancelling routes to China and Asia have aircraft available from that, all in what not even 2 full month span.

If this continues I would expect some airline to start laying off employees.

I predict a bad cruise ship season in Vancouver this summer, that is gonna hurt the local economy.

I went from having a job offer, to not knowing because of the uncertainty of this virus.

Old Mar 8th 2020, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Alaska is having a crazy sale in select markets.

Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
How things change quickly in the airline world.

United for example went from needing aircraft and having trouble, to cutting 20% international and 10% domestic schedule and considering parking planes, other airlines by cancelling routes to China and Asia have aircraft available from that, all in what not even 2 full month span.

If this continues I would expect some airline to start laying off employees.

I predict a bad cruise ship season in Vancouver this summer, that is gonna hurt the local economy.

I went from having a job offer, to not knowing because of the uncertainty of this virus.
I guess this is bad news for Boeing also. Some airlines are not going to be in any hurry to get their 737MAX planes.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:51 am
Account Closed

British airways have cancelled swathers of flights over the weekend.

One of which is a connection flight I had booked in July now leaving me with and 8hour layover in JFK

Tried calling them this morning but demand has effectively crashed their website and chocked up the phone lines..

Hoping I can make some adjustments when I finally get In touch with them, it's gonna be a bumpy summer for airlines
Old Mar 9th 2020, 2:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There are worse places to have an 8 hour layover - as long as you're prepared to spend a little time in a taxi to get into Manhattan.

Hour to get off the plane, 3 hours to arrive before the flight, an hour to get into/out of Manhattan. Leaves you with a solid 2.5/3 hours.

I love NY, even if it's just a couple of beers and some food in an Irish pub.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
There are worse places to have an 8 hour layover - as long as you're prepared to spend a little time in a taxi to get into Manhattan.

Hour to get off the plane, 3 hours to arrive before the flight, an hour to get into/out of Manhattan. Leaves you with a solid 2.5/3 hours.

I love NY, even if it's just a couple of beers and some food in an Irish pub.

​​​​​Not ideal dragging around two kids and the mother in law. It's the timing more than anything as the flight out of JFK is 1130pm. But will probably just head to a restaurant and back, JFK itself isn't one of my favourites feels dated.

I'm hoping I can get it moved even if we go via another airport but they seem to have cancelled so many flights over the weekend their systems can't cope in addition to the load because of Covid 19 panic.

​​​​​​Bit worried this is just the first wave of cancellation
​​​​​
Old Mar 9th 2020, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

DexterBerkeley is an unknown quantity at this point

Alaska is having a crazy sale in select markets.
I fly them each week, my flight SEA-SFO tomorrow AM normally has a 90-95% load factor, from what I can see right now there aren't even enough MVPs to fill first class, rows and rows empty on the seat map at the moment.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
I guess this is bad news for Boeing also. Some airlines are not going to be in any hurry to get their 737MAX planes.
It wont be good for any manufacturer if airlines start to cut capacity and ground planes.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 6:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It wont be good for any manufacturer if airlines start continue to cut capacity and ground planes.
FIFY
Old Mar 10th 2020, 7:53 am
Account Closed

QANTAS is suspending their Vancouver service this summer, they have steadily cut back each year, I think this year was due to be 3 or 4 flights per week, so not too surprised they are cutting, but one less airline on top of all the other cuts.

Old Mar 12th 2020, 10:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Tangentially related to aircraft - I don't understand the logic in excluding the UK from this Europe travel bank. It has more cases than many of the other countries that are banned, and still has free movement of people for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.