Planespotting II

Old May 14th 2022, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by MMcD
i went on a work trip a couple of days ago and the guy I went down with is a pilot. Flew for SkyWest and Southwest and now flies recreationally. We got talking about this. He says the big takeaway from this is the stability of the caravan. Any other plane and he doubts it would have got down in one piece.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

So Elon Musk objects to someone tracking his private jet!

He obviously didn't realise that a 2 minute search on Google will reveal the type & registration and, armed with that, his aircraft can be tracked, in real time, on various apps.
Perhaps he doesn't understand this internet thingy! 🤣
Old Dec 17th 2022, 1:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think much of Elon Musk, but when some lunatic uses the internet to track his location and show up by jumping on his car, I kinda get it.

Especially when it wasn't him in the car but his son.

As to the plane, I do agree that he's already showing his anti-1A colors.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 7:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
So Elon Musk objects to someone tracking his private jet!

He obviously didn't realise that a 2 minute search on Google will reveal the type & registration and, armed with that, his aircraft can be tracked, in real time, on various apps.
Perhaps he doesn't understand this internet thingy! 🤣
There's quite a lot of public information available on line, especially in the US, that I doubt a lot of people know is public. ..... For starters, land ownership records in the US are deemed public and commonly available free online, and this includes mortgage finance documents, and the price you paid is very easy to find.

The same sort of information is freely available for corporations (Inc, LLC, etc.) in many states, giving the "registered office" address, which may be a lawyer or accountants, but for a small office is probably the owners home address. In other states there is a fee, which may be small, such as $1 in Texas.

Then you can look on line very easily for ownership records for websites, again sometimes it might only trace to lawyers or other agents, but sometimes it can tell you quite a lot. .... If the web site is hosted on a server in Russia, have nothing to do with it!!

My employee developed a web app a few years ago with a plan to sell the service to other businesses to sell to their customers i.e. the customers would think they were dealing with the business that had there branding on the web site, but in fact it was a "bought in" service - imagine like running your own online business, but the warehousing, shipping and delivery is outsourced to Amazon. Anyway, during a high-level meeting to announce (internally, the planned launch of the service, I pointed out that the website could easily be traced to my employer's internet servers, which was rather embarrassing for the manager who didn't realize this.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 17th 2022 at 7:16 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
As to the plane, I do agree that he's already showing his anti-1A colors.
Given Twitter is a private company, it's not a 1A issues. However, it does illustrate just how hypocritical his claim to be a "free speech absolutist" is.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 7:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Given Twitter is a private company, it's not a 1A issues.
This isn't the pace to expand this discussion, but I disagree. Twitter purports to be, and de facto is, the public square of the modern era.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 2:12 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

A pair of F18's buzzing around my town this weekend.
Damn those things are loud@

Old Dec 20th 2022, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

"Jet noise: The sound of Freedom"

Florida was once the home of many more squadrons from the US Navy. I was there working in the 70's at NAS Cecil Field, which is now closed.

That's where I first saw the newly introduced F14 take off and do an unrestricted (as in VERTICAL) climb... very impressive.

F18 also an impressive aircraft and a worthy successor.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calman014
"Jet noise: The sound of Freedom"

Florida was once the home of many more squadrons from the US Navy. I was there working in the 70's at NAS Cecil Field, which is now closed.

That's where I first saw the newly introduced F14 take off and do an unrestricted (as in VERTICAL) climb... very impressive.

F18 also an impressive aircraft and a worthy successor.
I was a Navy Dental Officer at Cecil Field in early eighties. They still had some A7’s which was a clunky looking airplane. I liked that base for duty.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Fond memories of my visits there (I was with RN).
I was amazed with the rows of aircraft (all different types) on the ramp there..never seen so many in one place.
A7 clunky perhaps but an effective aircraft.

A7 of Va12 hits the deck of HMS Ark Royal in the 1970's
Old Dec 20th 2022, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Fond memories of my visits there (I was with RN).
I was amazed with the rows of aircraft (all different types) on the ramp there..never seen so many in one place.
A7 clunky perhaps but an effective aircraft.

A7 of Va12 hits the deck of HMS Ark Royal in the 1970's
I knew a few A7 pilots and they liked the A7. One reason it was a solo platform. Have you been to the Naval aviation museum in Pensacola? My wife and I go down every winter for a few days and stay at the Navy Lodge across the street from museum. They have a bunch of old retired Navy pilots conducting the free tours. One thing I have noticed is almost all American TV and movies about military aviation are about Navy or marine. I guess aircraft carriers are more exciting than 12000 ft runways.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not been to Florida for a long time but also not been to the museum.

This recently visited my neck of the woods in the UK. Quite impressive piece of hardware.

Carrier Gerald R.Ford visits UK.
Old Dec 20th 2022, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not been to Florida for a long time but also not been to the museum.

This recently visited my neck of the woods in the UK. Quite impressive piece of hardware.

Carrier Gerald R.Ford visits UK.
After my active duty I became a very active Navy reserve Dentist going on any foreign duty I could get. Two of my trips involved going on ships. I spent 90 days in Mediterranean on the USS Forestall. The most stressful part was trying to not get lost on the ship. I got to fly onboard in the COD off coast of Alexandria but didn’t get to fly off with a cable launch. Left ship in Palma via Helo.
Old Dec 21st 2022, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
A pair of F18's buzzing around my town this weekend.
Damn those things are loud@

You think they’re loud, get up close and personal to these things. I got up close to see them take off, didn’t think I needed any hearing protection and my bloody ear drums nearly exploded.

Old Feb 18th 2023, 5:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

So the cash in Nepal last month, with the deaths of all 72 on board, was, according to the initial report, the result of one of the pilots accidentally put both propellers into the the "fully feathered" position (which would be done if an engine failed and the pilot needs to minimise drag on the aircraft from an unpowered prop), instead of moving the adjacent flap lever to 30º for landing. The result of this is high drag for the engine, and zero propulsion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.