Planespotting II

Old Nov 13th 2021, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Juan has a video up about it. Sounds quite similiar to the 2017 accident in Michigan.

https://youtu.be/UTUPGUB8bKQ
That guy is a d1ck that has absolutely no clue what he is talking about! I’m amazed anyone still watches his videos!!
Old Nov 25th 2021, 2:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

November 24, 1971 50 years ago today, D.B. Cooper jumped out of a Boeing 727 over the PNW never to be seen again.

1972 saw some copycats so the FAA mandated that 727's be modified with a device to prevent the stairs from being opened inflight, ended up largely being known at the Cooper Vane, the 1972 highjackings also led to the FAA mandating peepholes on all flight deck doors.

The aircraft involved was sold to Piedmont Airlines in 1978 then in 1984 sold to defucnt Key Airlines which was a charter airline of the era, the aircraft was scrapped in 1996.

In 2013 Earl Cossey was murdered in his home, he was the sky diving school owner who supplied the 4 parachutes, as far as I can remember his killer has not been identified.

FBI in July 2016 suspended active investigation.

A grand jury indicted John Doe aka Dan Cooper in November 1976 for Air Piracy and violation of the Hobb's Act.

Aircraft involved N467US, with first flight on 1965-04-09 line # 137 & serial # 18803

Old Nov 25th 2021, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched, and enjoyed, many articles and videos on this bit of history. I'm guessing whomever DB Copper was, he's gone now and this crime will go unsolved. This youtube video isn't going to change that, but never the less is one of the better ones.

Old Nov 25th 2021, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

An article from Rolling Stone mag earlier this year about the Northwest Orient stewardess Tina Mucklow on the highjacking.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...story-1111944/
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...rference-in-us

Interesting article this one. Apparently the newly released 5G freqs are causing concern that they are or will interfere with the operation of radio altimeters. Seeing as most airports are obviously near population centers, clearly a potential issue.

Seems that this would have been something that would have been predictable before the rollout was started though.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Planespotting II

Yes, agree, you would think that before auctioning off these frequencies the respective Governments would do some research.

There was recently a case where a guy could not use his smart meter (4G) to get decent electricity tariffs because he was too close to an RAF radar installation...it seems that these frequencies are already in use for some time.

5Ghz Wi-Fi channels can also interfere with Radar it seems from my information.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

That brings back memories of working on a very scruffy example of a 727 belonging to Nepal Airlines back in the early 80's. One Item I remember is that all the external passenger window panes were scored and scratched to a very high degree, almost like somebody had 'keyed' them or attacked them with a screwdriver.
It was apparently hailstorm damage.

Glad I don't need to fly around there!!
Old Mar 24th 2022, 9:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested to hear what conclusion they reach about China Eastern Airlines flight MU5735. The early indications are that the plane appears to have been under control of at least one of the pilots all the way down, with some similarities to Atlas Air 3591.
Old Mar 24th 2022, 9:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jkeller
I've watched, and enjoyed, many articles and videos on this bit of history. I'm guessing whomever DB Cooper was, he's gone now and this crime will go unsolved. This YouTube video isn't going to change that, but never the less is one of the better ones. ...
I think you may find this one more interesting, it's long but worth the time, and doesn't seem as long as it is because, IMHO, it is a fascinating investigative documentary. It contains lots of information I had never heard before, and I think it is highly plausible that the maker of this video has given us the answer of who DB Cooper was. It then becomes more of a question as to why this was covered up and the perpetrator of the DB Cooper hijacking wasn't prosecuted.

Old Mar 25th 2022, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pulaski, I enjoyed watching that.👍
Old Mar 25th 2022, 3:49 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't watched the posted video yet (although I intend too this weekend)

Honestly I think most of the 'aura' around the DB Cooper hijacking is that it hasn't been solved, that it most likely never will, and personally I really hope it isn't. The perp is most likely deceased at this point, so what will 'solving' it accomplish? Sometimes a good mystery is just a good mystery
Old May 11th 2022, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

White Knuckle Time .....

https://www.wpbf.com/article/florida...lane/39957179#

Old May 11th 2022, 8:20 pm
Often not so civil...

Great job by the 'pilot' there...

Always good to see John Nance from Air Crash Investigation/Mayday making an appearance too.
Old May 11th 2022, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
I just watched. His landing was better than some of mine with 1400 hours. I wonder if it turns out to be more to the story than we know so far.
Old May 11th 2022, 9:13 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that’s answers the question I had of what happens… I was on a Cape Air BOS-RUT-BOS for a dinner a few years ago and when I asked where to sit the Pilot said anywhere and looked at the FO’s seat… I guess that would have been me by default if that had happened on my flight… and I only have 1 take off and landing to my name.. I guess these small flights would not be viable if you had to have 2 pilots…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.