Planespotting II

Old Oct 13th 2021, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
"Passengers told Port Authority Police at one point during the flight the passenger reached for his luggage and they were scared"

Ok then. Racial profiling at play maybe?
Possibly, but unless the man goes public hard to know, I saw footage of him on the ground with fire fighters holding him down waiting for police, but his face isn't visible, just his arms are visible, lighter skin color, but doesn't mean no racial profiling took place, that lady may want to see a psychiatrist because seems a little paranoid on her part.

Maybe the man will come forward and tell his side of the story, I would first talk to a lawyer if I were him, because the way he was treated is just wrong.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 14th 2021, 6:56 am
Account Closed

The crash in San Diego, 2 people in one of the houses that were hit sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns are are recovering in hospital, a dog was also killed, and several more houses destroyed or damaged.

Old Oct 15th 2021, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Alitalia, a one-time symbol of Italian style and glamour brought low by economic mismanagement, will operate its last flight on Thursday after 75 years, before handing over to its downsized successor Italia Trasporto Aereo (ITA).

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ta-2021-10-14/
Old Oct 17th 2021, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

Default Planespotting II

A380 seems like a bit of a pain on the ground....lol

Pilots seemed to misread a NOTAM, pilots charts say the gate assigned is red and no go for their aircraft type, in the end it was sorted out.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 17th 2021 at 10:23 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Alitalia, a one-time symbol of Italian style and glamour brought low by economic mismanagement, will operate its last flight on Thursday after 75 years, before handing over to its downsized successor Italia Trasporto Aereo (ITA).

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ta-2021-10-14/
I still have the green plastic 'luggage tag' I got from Alitalia back in the 90s attached to my main luggage. It serves as both a souvenir, and a rather unique identifier for my luggage! When I see that green plastic on my luggage, I know its mine! I just looked in Google Images and can't find any likeness of it. I'd take a picture of it but it's not with me right now ... I made half a dozen leisure trips to Italy back in the 90s and early 2000's and always flew Alitalia. Back then, I'm pretty sure you could get from SFO to Milan non-stop. Happy days!
Old Oct 18th 2021, 12:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I still have the green plastic 'luggage tag' I got from Alitalia back in the 90s attached to my main luggage. It serves as both a souvenir, and a rather unique identifier for my luggage! When I see that green plastic on my luggage, I know its mine! I just looked in Google Images and can't find any likeness of it. I'd take a picture of it but it's not with me right now ... I made half a dozen leisure trips to Italy back in the 90s and early 2000's and always flew Alitalia. Back then, I'm pretty sure you could get from SFO to Milan non-stop. Happy days!

Old Oct 19th 2021, 7:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/us/texas-plane-crash/index.html

Flight appears to have departed the runway while on the takeoff roll and struck some kind of ground item (fence or similar)

All people on board are safe and accounted for. Plane was an MD-87.
Old Oct 19th 2021, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Looking at the fire you wouldn't think anyone survived, glad to hear everyone did.

I wonder if it could have been jammed elevator control, 2017 an MD-83 in Michigan ran off the end of the runway due to a jammed elevator and aborted take off past V1, everyone survived that one as well, although no fire.

Old Oct 20th 2021, 7:06 am
Account Closed

The aircraft in Texas was N987AK MD-87
1 Dec 1987 Manufacture date

Delivered to FinnAir January 8, 1988 and looks like it flew with them until going to Aero Mexico 14 Nov 2000 where it stayed until 2007 and then went into and out of storage with a couple different owners from 2007 onward.

https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...nts-llc/rzygme

Old Oct 20th 2021, 7:10 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the Spanair crash some years ago. Possible the aircraft was not properly configured for takeoff.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Only 21 people on board - that may have helped avoid casualties! I don't think I've ever been on a plane that empty!

ETA - it says 'VIP configuration' - I guess that means, corporate jet or similar.

Last edited by Steerpike; Oct 20th 2021 at 5:33 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 5:38 pm
Often not so civil...

ETA - it says 'VIP configuration' - I guess that means, corporate jet or similar.
Yeah I agree, I have found no mention of a flight number or commercial airline name.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Only 21 people on board - that may have helped avoid casualties! I don't think I've ever been on a plane that empty!

Yes, its was a privately owned aircraft, wasn't an airline operating it, aircraft owned by 987 Investments, LLC which is owned by a Houston land developer who was also a passenger, aircraft has been on the market for sale on and off for 18 months, apparently all maintenance was up to date from local Houston media.

2nd link as a video taken from the air of the end of the runway, kind of looks like it never got off the ground, just ran straight off the runway, then hit the embankment.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...okshire-plane/

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...crash-in-katy/

Old Oct 20th 2021, 6:34 pm
Often not so civil...

Clearly not enough lift to achieve V2, dual engine problem? Bad fuel maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.