Planespotting II

Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by audio
OK, thanks, I bet she spins well too.
It is fully aerobatic but I am a straight and level flier.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:51 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
I think I posted my RV3 before. The builder put a 0320 in it originally and clocked it at 215mph top speed. He flew it 200 hours then sold to me without engine. I but a 0235 108hp in it and it cruises at 160mph. I have flown 350 hours so far.
That looks very neat, but ours is designed to take at least 2 of us
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
That looks very neat, but ours is designed to take at least 2 of us
I have always had two place planes but my wife is not that into flying. When we lived in the Philippines during my active duty navy days she would fly with me as there were places she wanted to go.
But now one seat is all I need. The Cozy looks good and was a great deal. How far from home is the plane? I bought mine in St George Utah which required two long trips one to purchase and another to trailer home. The good deals in aircraft seem to be far from home.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 5:46 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

I will personally enhance the reputation of the first poster to identify what these symbols represent. Here's a hint, it's not what you think it is...

Do we get bonus points for actually taking the pictures ourselves? If not I think we should

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 30th 2020 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
I have always had two place planes but my wife is not that into flying.
I would delight in owning a place, but alas that's never going to happen. No time, and the wife would never approve.

Maybe one day when I'm older I can convince her.... but I doubt it

Incidentally, has anyone flown domestic recently? I just booked a couple of very reasonable tickets from ATL-MYR for the first week in October, and according to the seating chart the CRJ-900 is already about half full for that flight. It surprised me.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I would delight in owning a plane, but alas that's never going to happen. No time, and the wife would never approve.

Maybe one day when I'm older I can convince her.... but I doubt it ....
I wouldn't buy a plane even if I won the lottery jackpot after it had rolled over for ten weeks.

Our next door neighbour tried to persuade me to take Little Miss P on a flight in the plane her husband owned. I politely declined, but she carried on about how safe it was. I was not persuaded and neither Little Miss P nor I flew in their plane.

A few months later the neighbour rolled the trainer that she was learning to fly in, turning it into a ball of scrap metal (the wings were literally all folded up). Remarkably she and the instructor walked away .... but she had a broken eye socket that required surgery.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 30th 2020 at 8:09 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:45 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes: evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ... Anecdotal evidence, however, does not qualify as scientific evidence.

Statistically your neighbour was correct... You have a greater chance of holding that winning lottery ticket while being attacked by a shark than you do of dying in your neighbors plane

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 30th 2020 at 7:49 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I wouldn't buy a plane even if I won the lottery jackpot after it had rolled over for ten weeks.

Our next door neighbour tried to persuade me to take Little Miss P on a flight in the plane her husband owned. I politely declined, but she carried on about how safe it was. I was not persuaded and neither Little Miss P nor I flew in their plane.

A few months later the neighbour rolled the trainer that she was learning to fly in, turning it into a ball of scrap metal. Remarkably she and the instructor walked away .... but she had a broken eye socket that required surgery.

I would if I could afford a Gulf Stream G5.

Hubby took flying lessons when we first moved to the US. We went with him a couple of times. I don’t like the small planes...don’t feel safe in them. I prefer something with several jet engines.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:57 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well yes, if I could afford one of them I can afford the lessons to insist on flying it myself
Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would if I could afford a Gulf Stream G5. ....
Nope, not I .... Exec jets have their share of crashes too. Obviously Payne Stewart is a well known example. Little E is a more recent example - and caused by professional pilots who didn't know that jet aircraft cannot "go around" after the reverse thrust has been applied.* The result of this ignorance was that the pilots discovered that you can't take off when the engines are in idle!

* That applies to all jet aircraft - the reverse thruster device can only be reset when the plane is stationary.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 30th 2020 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

A few months later the neighbour rolled the trainer that she was learning to fly in, turning it into a ball of scrap metal. Remarkably she and the instructor walked away .... but she had a broken eye socket that required surgery.
Yes, I’ll second that, my own rule is, never get in a single crew or single engine aircraft.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:17 pm
Often not so civil...

I don't know if we have any flightsimmers here, but this is the first time I have seen FS2020 and it looks gorgeous:

Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well yes, if I could afford one of them I can afford the lessons to insist on flying it myself
Perhaps now would be a good time to mention Bruce Dickinson.

Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Hubby took flying lessons when we first moved to the US. We went with him a couple of times. I don’t like the small planes...don’t feel safe in them. I prefer something with several jet engines.
lol

I've been a little concerned while flying a single engine aircraft over dense forest and open ocean, but these small aircraft are almost like gliders and a competent pilot should almost always find a place to put it down semi safely on most land

Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:33 pm
Often not so civil...

Perhaps now would be a good time to mention Bruce Dickinson.

If you can afford it, it makes you happy, and you're not hurting anyone else, why not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.