Planespotting II

Old Jul 29th 2020, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Anyway, soon there won’t be any need for heroes.....
https://www.businessinsider.com/airb...i-ti&r=US&IR=T
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:10 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by audio
Complete crap.
So you think they don't teach pilots what to do when the engine cuts out? LOL

They test you before your first solo flight ( I solo'd in 5 hours) . Sometime during your private license check ride they pull the power and you have to do a sequence of things in the proper order or you flunk. They do it on your instrument rating check ride, your commercial check ride, your CFI check ride, your CFII check ride, your ATP check ride...They never stop testing that, I would guess because it's pretty important..LOL

Originally Posted by civilservant

That's it, I'm out. That told me all I need to know right there about who I'm talking too.

It was in Florida in the early eighties... Those flights set me up for life, my only regret is that I didn't do more of them

Originally Posted by Expatrick
So landing without power is easier than landing with - you should address a paper to airline accountants highlighting the potential fuel savings, and another to the regulators explaining how go arounds can be confined to the history books. Good luck!
Yeah, when the runway is 100 miles long and a half mile wide it is.

Nobody is suggesting that it is preferable to land a commercial aircraft full of passengers in a filthy river, LOL... I am merely saying any pilot could of done that. I don't really understand where all the anger is coming from, I suppose i'm coming off as a little arrogant. I'll work on that as i'd like to be able to fit in here.

Perhaps because 'the largest thing you flew was a 727' is why you feel the need to knock someone else.

I'm sure you are aware that there is a massive difference between ditching a 727 and ditching an A320, right?
Yes, I actually had to fly the 727...It didn't even have a glass cockpit, it was original circa 1960's. Me and the other guy flying it had to load it with mail before we flew it.. and unload it at our destination. It was dangerous, almost crashed on one bitter cold stormy night in Billings, Montana and the wife said that's it, we don't need the money..

That plane had more orange deferred item stickers on it than was legal

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 29th 2020 at 10:38 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

We just bought an aeroplane :-)
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Mirror
So you think they don't teach pilots what to do when the engine cuts out? LOL

They test you before your first solo flight ( I solo'd in 5 hours) . Sometime during your private license check ride they pull the power and you have to do a sequence of things in the proper order or you flunk. They do it on your instrument rating check ride, your commercial check ride, your CFI check ride, your CFII check ride, your ATP check ride...They never stop testing that, I would guess because it's pretty important..LOL

It was in Florida in the early eighties... Those flights set me up for life, my only regret is that I didn't do more of them

Yeah, when the runway is 100 miles long and a half mile wide it is.

Nobody is suggesting that it is preferable to land a commercial aircraft full of passengers in a filthy river, LOL... I am merely saying any pilot could of done that. I don't really understand where all the anger is coming from, I suppose i'm coming off as a little arrogant. I'll work on that as i'd like to be able to fit in here.

Yes, I actually had to fly the 727...It didn't even have a glass cockpit, it was original circa 1960's. Me and the other guy flying it had to load it with mail before we flew it.. and unload it at our destination. It was dangerous, almost crashed on one bitter cold stormy night in Billings, Montana and the wife said that's it, we don't need the money..

That plane had more orange deferred item stickers on it than was legal

I know all about the syllabus of teaching pilots, I was a trainer myself, so cut the crap.

BTW, I have an ATPL, ETOPS, Wide body left seat.

Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:51 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my first license...I started flying when I was 14, was a captain in the CAP (an auxillary branch of the Air Force) at 15..I don't lie

I remember when I first got the license...When I was 15 or so I flew right down my street..As fast as I could go. A neighbor down the street RAN to my house in a panic. He knew my dad was a pilot and told him " AN AIRPLANE JUST FLEW RIGHT DOWN THE STREET! BELOW POWER LINES, BELOW TREES, CARS, KIDS ON BIKES!!!! WHO DO I CALL!!!???.....

My dad said he told him "You call me" Bwha ha ha ha ha ha

My dad didn't even say "WTF son?, or "don't do that again', he just laughed... Looking back now I wonder if he wanted me to die or something?
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by audio
I know all about the syllabus of teaching pilots, I was a trainer myself, so cut the crap.

BTW, I have an ATPL, ETOPS, Wide body left seat.
"Trainer"?.......lol

You're lying..

Listen, I don't wanna fight, I've got a lot of great pictures of airplanes, so stay tuned
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get the odd free airplane ride with bush pilots in northern Manitoba, and some of them were white-knuckle trips. Good experience, just for the experience. Actually the day I got there, there was a foot of snow on the runway (the flight the previous day had been cancelled because of the blizzard) and when our Twin Otter (on Transair, a real airline!) came in it just careened from one side to the other all the way down the runway; sort of a controlled crash. Welcome to the North. There were few landing strips and few beacons, but there were no roads.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:11 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I came across this while browsing Youtube today. unrealistic I know, Hollywood I know, but it still remains one of my favorite movie aviation scenes.

From 'Behind Enemy Lines'
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:12 pm
Banned

I remember when I first got the license...When I was 15 or so I flew right down my street..As fast as I could go. A neighbor down the street RAN to my house in a panic. He knew my dad was a pilot and told him " AN AIRPLANE JUST FLEW RIGHT DOWN THE STREET! BELOW POWER LINES, BELOW TREES, CARS, KIDS ON BIKES!!!! WHO DO I CALL!!!???.....

My dad said he told him "You call me" Bwha ha ha ha ha ha

My dad didn't even say "WTF son?, or "don't do that again', he just laughed... Looking back now I wonder if he wanted me to die or something?

Shortly after that my parents said "son, we have to talk to you'. They sat me down and said "we don't want you to take any of your friends up in an airplane unless their parents sign this piece of paper first".. I put up a little fight, then said "ok", but I never asked anybody to sign anything.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:18 pm
Banned

I came across this while browsing Youtube today. unrealistic I know, Hollywood I know, but it still remains one of my favorite movie aviation scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8u_XzbSuQ

From 'Behind Enemy Lines'
I was watching Midway the other night...They had the Japaneses Zero's flying between destroyers.. Didn't happen...and from the stern to the bow of the ship they had those zeros making three turns... They were going about 400 knots and in the space of a 80 yards they had the plane on one side, then the other, then back again? So Stupid lol Those planes would a looked like a bullet flying between those destroyers,

It's a cartoon!

Last edited by The Mirror; Jul 29th 2020 at 11:20 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

MAYDAY, MAYDAY: Floridaman here requires an immediate covert airdrop, I appear to have misjudged the amount of I need for this thread...
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
What did you get? G650? Challenger 300? Global Express? Falcon 7X? C182?

Last edited by markonline1; Jul 29th 2020 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
MAYDAY, MAYDAY: Floridaman here requires an immediate covert airdrop, I appear to have misjudged the amount of I need for this thread...
Sorry, I don't know of anyone experienced in covert airdrops in Florida.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
Steve What did you buy? Does that put your build project on back burner?

Also while I am posting how do I post a picture from my IPhone? I have done it before but don’t see any option on site now.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry, I don't know of anyone experienced in covert airdrops in Florida.
No-one? I'm really not fussy, any unlicensed hack will suffice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.