Planespotting II

Old Jun 8th 2020, 11:39 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by vespucci
So it looks like fighter pilots will be replaced by drone operators. And maybe soldiers generally will be replaced by robot operators.
This isn't a good thing. It often seems that all that stops world leaders from engaging in wars is the cost in blood and treasure. If the blood part is removed, I can see 'low grade conflicts' becoming a perpetual thing.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Some good news perhaps for the industry?

"Airline stocks rallied on Monday as investors continued to bet on a return in air travel as the economy opens up from the coronavirus crisis. American Airlines jumped 6% and United Airlines rose more than 9%. Southwest and Delta gained 3% and 5.5%, respectively. "

Also

JetBlue — Shares of the airline stock climbed 7% after Bank of America upgrade the stock to a neutral rating, saying it’s a “pure play on recovering leisure.” The stock also moved higher amid broader strength in the industry as demand begins to improve. Shares of the airline have slid 22% this year.

Boeing — Boeing soared 11.4%, on track for its sixth straight day of gains. The advance came after Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage of the plane maker with a buy rating, saying the worst of pandemic-related risk is now priced in. Boeing is also benefiting from the overall optimism about the reopening of the economy.

(all from: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/stoc...blue-more.html )
Old Jun 8th 2020, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Some good news perhaps for the industry?

"Airline stocks rallied on Monday as investors continued to bet on a return in air travel as the economy opens up from the coronavirus crisis. American Airlines jumped 6% and United Airlines rose more than 9%. Southwest and Delta gained 3% and 5.5%, respectively. "

Also

JetBlue — Shares of the airline stock climbed 7% after Bank of America upgrade the stock to a neutral rating, saying it’s a “pure play on recovering leisure.” The stock also moved higher amid broader strength in the industry as demand begins to improve. Shares of the airline have slid 22% this year.

Boeing — Boeing soared 11.4%, on track for its sixth straight day of gains. The advance came after Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage of the plane maker with a buy rating, saying the worst of pandemic-related risk is now priced in. Boeing is also benefiting from the overall optimism about the reopening of the economy.

(all from: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/stoc...blue-more.html )

Load factors and bookings are up a bit but still nowhere close to where they need to be, last I saw the entire year booking wise is still in negatives, and TSA check point data is still nowhere near where it was a year ago either.

Hard to know the long term future. United said last week first week of bookings in June 2020 were down 92% vs first week of June 2019.

May 2020 ended with a decline of 88% in bookings and 94% decline in revenue vs 2019.

Old Jun 9th 2020, 3:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Cathay along with its shareholders Swire Pacific Ltd & Air China have halted trading of their shares in Hong Kong pending some sort of announcement.

Cathay and Cathay Dragon combined in April were only carrying 458 passengers per day on average.

Article Here.

Update: Looks like Hong Kong government is providing $30 billion bailout and undisclosed stake in the airline.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 9th 2020 at 5:26 am.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 1:25 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Are any of you active ADSB trackers?

https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com (click =U= for mllitary aircraft)

Been watching a lot of military traffic around Washington DC during the protests, but occasionally see some B-52s out over the western states and a few fighters flying over the UK. The USAF hasn't fully added ADS-B to their aircraft yet so you can't track everything, but you do find the occasional interesting flight.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 2:12 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m back to looking (reluctantly) at the possibility of getting back to the United States. So I looked at Heathrow, June 29, it looks to me that there’s just one direct flight, LHR - BOS, that day, BA. It’s listed as £370 approx with BA, Finnair, and Iberia, and £1,200 approx with American. What, if anything, is the rationale for that price difference?

Also it looks like the price with BA jumps from about 400 to about 1200 on July 1.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 2:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Adding this to a few more threads. I know it's off topic, but Jersey's put it in lots of places so I think I'm safe.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I know.

Gizza Job
Old Jun 13th 2020, 6:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I’m back to looking (reluctantly) at the possibility of getting back to the United States. So I looked at Heathrow, June 29, it looks to me that there’s just one direct flight, LHR - BOS, that day, BA. It’s listed as £370 approx with BA, Finnair, and Iberia, and £1,200 approx with American. What, if anything, is the rationale for that price difference?

Also it looks like the price with BA jumps from about 400 to about 1200 on July 1.
At a guess American's allocation of space on that flight is almost sold out.

Prices seem to be going up in July everywhere. I'd guess at 2 factors for that. It is after Christmas the highest fare period in normal times, and the airlines seem to have underestimated demand and have reduced capacity below demand. I was looking at a flight, in July, PDX-MAN via ATL and AMS and it was $2500 for basic economy. Normally I could get business class for that.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

F15 from 48th FW at Lakenheath down in the North Sea. No news yet of aircraft or crew. Aircraft was part of a 4 ship exercising in the southern MDA off the Yorkshire coast.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:37 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
At a guess American's allocation of space on that flight is almost sold out.

Prices seem to be going up in July everywhere. I'd guess at 2 factors for that. It is after Christmas the highest fare period in normal times, and the airlines seem to have underestimated demand and have reduced capacity below demand. I was looking at a flight, in July, PDX-MAN via ATL and AMS and it was $2500 for basic economy. Normally I could get business class for that.
I did decide to book this, LHR - BOS, next Thursday. I bought a one-way ticket. What makes it bearable is my daughter, who lives in MA, is picking me up at Logan and driving me all the way home (New York North country.)
Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:38 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I did decide to book this, LHR - BOS, next Thursday. I bought a one-way ticket. What makes it bearable is my daughter, who lives in MA, is picking me up at Logan and driving me all the way home (New York North country.)
I hope you have safe travels!
Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Take care!
Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:51 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Planespotting II

This is not good news.

Update on today's Lakenheath incident.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 6:10 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I hope you have safe travels!
Originally Posted by Pulaski
Take care!
Thanks guys!
Old Jun 15th 2020, 7:24 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Safe trip Robin. Be interested to hear of your experience when you have time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.