Planespotting II

Old May 31st 2019, 11:33 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well that's 2 minutes and 38 seconds of my life I'm never getting back
I reckon they're desperate for some positive PR following the 737MAX mistakes.
Old May 31st 2019, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Airbus also made a video in 2016 for Boeing's 100th a few years back

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any photos as the only ones I have seen is on a local aviation group on FB but not open to the public to share the photo.

Interesting visitor to Vancouver today, an Ethiopian 737-800. Ethiopian president in town to speak at a conference. The routing was Addis Ababa- London (STN)-Toronto-Vancouver according to flight radar.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 2nd 2019 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Pinched this from Pprune, Airbus' 50th Anniversary fly past -

Old Jun 10th 2019, 1:45 am
Account Closed

This was nice of Delta.

Another airline cancelled a flight a group of students were on to Richmond, VA. Apparently other airline couldn't/wouldn't do anything for the group of students, Delta learns and becomes involved, end result Delta sends a CRJ 900 to Oklahoma City to fly the group of students to their destination. (the airline from what I gather online was American.)

https://news.delta.com/we-re-here-he...ked-competitor

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 10th 2019 at 1:53 am.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 7:35 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This was nice of Delta.

Another airline cancelled a flight a group of students were on to Richmond, VA. Apparently other airline couldn't/wouldn't do anything for the group of students, Delta learns and becomes involved, end result Delta sends a CRJ 900 to Oklahoma City to fly the group of students to their destination. (the airline from what I gather online
It cost Delta thousands to do, but yielded them a million in advertising and delivered a hard blow to a competitor. Brilliant move.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
It cost Delta thousands to do, but yielded them a million in advertising and delivered a hard blow to a competitor. Brilliant move.
Yeah its good publicity for Delta for sure.

They will get some money from the tickets since the AA flight cancelled, but this still cost Delta money, but gained lots of free advertising and publicity and good will.

I like Delta as an airline of the US 3, they are by far the best in my opinion. I also like Alaska, but they are far smaller compared to Delta. Never had issues with DL or AS, some delays at times, but always handled well which is what matters, delays simply happen sometimes, its how the airline handles them that matter.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 10th 2019 at 8:54 am.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

DexterBerkeley is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Delta as an airline of the US 3, they are by far the best in my opinion. I also like Alaska, but they are far smaller compared to Delta. Never had issues with DL or AS, some delays at times, but always handled well which is what matters, delays simply happen sometimes, its how the airline handles them that matter.
I love Alaska, have always found they handle issues well, and base in Seattle they have more directs than any other airline out of SeaTac.

I was flying to SLC one Sunday last year and our flight was delayed due to maintenance. The pilot comes to the concourse takes to the PA, explains what's going on and then proceeds to start chatting to the waiting passengers. There is a lady there in a wheelchair and while they are talking she mentions she wants some coffee. So the pilot says "Let's go" and wheels here over to Starbucks and back. Little things but makes a big impact in my opinion.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 5:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

This was nice of Delta.

Another airline cancelled a flight a group of students were on to Richmond, VA. Apparently other airline couldn't/wouldn't do anything for the group of students, Delta learns and becomes involved, end result Delta sends a CRJ 900 to Oklahoma City to fly the group of students to their destination. (the airline from what I gather online was American.) …..
Students from Oklahoma were flying half way across the country for a cultural visit to …… Richmond, VA??? I think a bit of the story is missing!
Old Jun 10th 2019, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here before, but do any of you follow any aviation trip reports on YouTube? Perhaps the best known being Sam Chui, Dennis Bunnik and, one that I myself follow occasionally, Wingin' It (Paul Lucas).
Old Jun 10th 2019, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Students from Oklahoma were flying half way across the country for a cultural visit to …… Richmond, VA??? I think a bit of the story is missing!
From the articles I have read, the students are on a trip to visit historical places in Virginia and DC.
Old Jun 15th 2019, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

United 757 @ Newark.

Old Jun 15th 2019, 8:11 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Hard landing on what appears to be a clear day? Someone blew it, even with a cross wind.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Closer view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.