British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Phone & Internet Packages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/phone-internet-packages-504442/)

phil01 Jan 8th 2008 2:09 am

Phone & Internet Packages

Does anyone have Sky TV, Phone & Internet.

Looking for a reasonable priced package but a friend told me when they had Sky internet it seemed to never be working...he is new to the internet so am trying to establish whether it was his Sky internet or just him that was struggling.

Anyone with Sky internet please let me know what you think of it.

wafc Jan 8th 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Phone & Internet Packages

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5755417)

Looking for a reasonable priced package but a friend told me when they had Sky internet it seemed to never be working...he is new to the internet so am trying to establish whether it was his Sky internet or just him that was struggling.

Hi,

We have Sky TV, Phone & Internet. Very good value package if you're subscribing to Sky tv anyway.

With regards the internet we've hardly had any problems. There were some connection drop outs initially but a quick call to Sky Support sorted it out, apparently they were just trying to send too much speed down the line than our physical line would accept.

I'd certainly recommend them anyway for the price. I believe they had a lot of bad press when they first brought out their broadband service but from reading forums etc they appear to have sorted out most of the early issues.

Pamela 1 Jan 8th 2008 7:25 pm

How much does the package cost?

Also do you know how much it cost to have phone connected as a new customer?
We will be renting a place, so all wiring etc would be in place supposedly just have to get the phone company to connect us.

guest5234 Jan 8th 2008 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5755417)

Some great packages, check out.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband

wafc Jan 8th 2008 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pamela 1 (Post 5759536)

We will be renting a place, so all wiring etc would be in place supposedly just have to get the phone company to connect us.

Not sure about price of phone connected as a new customer, think if the BT line is already in then its relatively cheap to be connected.

You do need a BT line to be able to get the Sky Internet and phone packages, if the property has a cable phone line (Telewest etc) then you'd have to pay the full whack to have a BT line connected up.

The prices for the Sky packages are listed on their website: Here

We're paying for the full tv package which is about £42 a month (I think) and includes the movies and sports, the Broadband Max package (Upto 16Mbps) which is £10 a month (You can get it for £5 or even free!) and we pay £5 a month for the phone to Sky through a BT Line (so still pay BT line rental) and that gets us unlimited free calls to UK landline numbers and even free calls abroad including Australia. You can get the Sky phone for free but you just get evening and weekend calls free.

phil01 Jan 8th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pamela 1 (Post 5759536)

We are opting for just Sky TV all the packages cost 45.00 a month.

Then Talk Talk do a package which includes free UK and international calls and broadband for 20.00 a month. Total 65.00 a month.

Sky Tv all the packages, plus broadband and phone costs 50.00 a month but then you have to pay phone line rental at 11.00 a month to BT so total cost was 61.00 a month.

Decided not to put all our eggs in one basket so to speak!

Thanks for the responses!