British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Phhheeewwwww (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/phhheeewwwww-600155/)

Anna Clare Mar 26th 2009 11:07 pm

Phhheeewwwww

Here's my online status at USCIS as of today! I am getting my green card soon!

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 25, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

Noorah101 Mar 26th 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Phhheeewwwww

Originally Posted by Anna Clare (Post 7423660)
Here's my online status at USCIS as of today! I am getting my green card soon!

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 25, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

Congratulations! :)

adjudicator89 Mar 27th 2009 12:01 am

YAY!!! Congratulations.:):)

Anna Clare Mar 27th 2009 12:13 am

I am completely delirious with relief and pleasure. I thought it would be ok, but I have a seven year old criminal record.

Phhhewwww

Thank you to people who posted help and advice on my earlier threads.

adjudicator89 Mar 27th 2009 1:04 pm

Well as you can see everything went ok, just don't do anything criminal anymore :) Did you get your Conditional green card? Just mark it on your calendar that in 2 years minus 90 days you would have to file I-751 to remove the conditions. Best wishes.

mojofilter Mar 27th 2009 4:29 pm

Welcome to the club.... I was disappointed with the actual card, my new library card is much cooler than the green card :thumbsup:

AlanR Mar 27th 2009 4:49 pm

Can't usually reside in the US with just a library card though.... Unless one happens to be a US citizen...
Congratulations on the GC to the OP.

Noorah101 Mar 27th 2009 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mojofilter (Post 7425902)
Welcome to the club.... I was disappointed with the actual card, my new library card is much cooler than the green card :thumbsup:

How much cooler can you get than all those mini pictures along the back of the green card, invisible to the naked eye? I thought THAT was WAY cool. :)

adjudicator89 Mar 27th 2009 8:27 pm

Yup Rene I agree. I think the GC is the coolest card I have ever seen , So is the US passport.

Anna Clare Mar 28th 2009 3:46 pm

Yesterday I received a letter headed "welcome to the United States of America" approving my application for permanent resident status- yippee!

:D:D:D:D:D:D