Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 11th 2016, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Have you got a mobile yet? my number gets slammed with cold calls. Constantly. I'm 90% sure the previous owner of my number still uses it when not wanting to give his real one.
That annoys the crap out of me, however the folks chasing previous owners outstanding debts are usually apologetic when they hear my faultless British accent and don't tend to call back.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a mobile yet? my number gets slammed with cold calls. Constantly. I'm 90% sure the previous owner of my number still uses it when not wanting to give his real one.

I got *lots* of calls from the San Diego area of late, so I might have to plan a little trip out there to 'deal with' the situation
I run an app called Truecaller which can intercept and block these calls. Not had any since getting this number.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 5:43 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Our local Wallymart is in a fairly upmarket area and I've figured out that if I park at the far end of the carpark I can at least settle for the consolation prize if I don't see any 'people of Walmart'. The local gym usually has some fit underdressed ladies making their way to and fro...
If you join the gym, you get to see them with a valid reason for being there. Not that that's why I joined one, of course, but it is an added bonus.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If you join the gym, you get to see them with a valid reason for being there. Not that that's why I joined one, of course, but it is an added bonus.
Yeah, I tried that but started to get funny looks whilst I was sitting on the benches for an hour ogling. What's wrong with people, I paid my dues and wasn't taking up valuable machine space???
Old Dec 12th 2016, 2:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I tried that but started to get funny looks whilst I was sitting on the benches for an hour ogling. What's wrong with people, I paid my dues and wasn't taking up valuable machine space???
At least have a set of dumbbells with you so you can do work on your guns as you ogle
Old Dec 12th 2016, 2:44 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Did you forget to disable the flash on your camera phone?

I'm obviously not a perv..... but used to choose machines at the back of the room so I could observe the landscape, not be part of the landscape.

That being said, my gym used to have movies you could watch on the gym kit (or an iphone/ipad dock), so I'd usually be watching something to take my mind of the fact I was doing exercise. Then go to the pool.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 3:00 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm obviously not a perv...
That's exactly the kind of thing a perv would say.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm obviously not a perv..... but used to choose machines at the back of the room so I could observe the landscape, not be part of the landscape.

That being said, my gym used to have movies you could watch on the gym kit (or an iphone/ipad dock), so I'd usually be watching something to take my mind of the fact I was doing exercise. Then go to the pool.
I was impressed to find the gym I'm paying for as part of rent has cable TV on the machines.

One day I may actually visit.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:20 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I was impressed to find the gym I'm paying for as part of rent has cable TV on the machines.

One day I may actually visit.

Seriously though, machines with TV's are wonderful. I got on one of the exercise bikes hoping to last 30 mins, saw Beetlejuice was on and that was that. Great workout, next morning - not so great.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Were you jesting?
There was a guy with a camera at our local pool taking pics and nobody was concerned when I raised it with staff.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:23 pm
Sasstronaut

Originally Posted by mrken30
Were you jesting?
I don't think I've posted anything close to serious on this forum thus far ,
I was merely expanding on your narrative

(TL;DR: Yes)

There was a guy with a camera at our local pool taking pics and nobody was concerned when I raised it with staff.
In my teens, one of my many jobs I had involved working at an indoor pool complex and there was a viewing area with signs *everywhere* saying no pics. If someone wanted to take legit photos, alot of paperwork was involved. Then the happy camper got to wear a sticker on his/her chest saying 'PHOTO APPROVED'.

Despite all that, most people just took photos with little to no issue. Was all a huge legal thing.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've posted anything close to serious on this forum thus far ,
I was merely expanding on your narrative

(TL;DR: Yes)

In my teens, one of my many jobs I had involved working at an indoor pool complex and there was a viewing area with signs *everywhere* saying no pics. If someone wanted to take legit photos, alot of paperwork was involved. Then the happy camper got to wear a sticker on his/her chest saying 'PHOTO APPROVED'.

Despite all that, most people just took photos with little to no issue. Was all a huge legal thing.
Don't say that, some people might this this is the pet perve thread and be down the local swimming baths this afternoon.

But I do have a swimming peeve with the old people that insist on hogging the toddler pool.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

But I do have a swimming peeve with the old people that insist on hogging the toddler pool.
It's because it's the only one you are allowed to pee in.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
and they make the little ones wear swimming diapers, when it should be the old folks.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:42 pm
Sasstronaut

Don't say that, some people might this this is the pet perve thread and be down the local swimming baths this afternoon.
Best let the lifeguards know to be on their A-game. I know I wasn't.

Originally Posted by Anian
The high-dive was another pee 'hot' spot. It was grim. Oh the sights I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.