Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:10 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Nutek
How long does that crap at the beginning of V go on for? Should I spend 30 mins trying to spacebar through it?
The bank robbery? there is a hidden alien in there on story mode
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

How long does that crap at the beginning of V go on for? Should I spend 30 mins trying to spacebar through it?
Which bit? Trevor and Michael in North Yankton, or the intro sequence in the shrink office?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Cucking funts who buy up all the newly released items just before Christmas and then charge 400% markups on them.

My daughter wanted granny to buy her a hatchimal for Christmas. Can you find one for less than $250.00? No. Also, I wanted to get my wife an NES Classic because she loves the old games. Brilliant idea for a gift, I thought to myself, and what do you know - every single one of them is gone and the cheapest one on Amazon was $200.00.

**** every single one of the people who did that. I hope they drown in a bucket of ebola-laced AIDS.
Two guys were on TV a few days ago. They'd bought loads of Hatchimals a while ago and were making a killing on EBay.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:28 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Two guys were on TV a few days ago. They'd bought loads of Hatchimals a while ago and were making a killing on EBay.
I must be getting old (or just prove I don't have kids), as I'd never heard of them till I watched the Today show freak out and hatch one about them a week or so ago.

Reminds me of the Turbo man doll in Jingle All the Way (and I'm not making the comparison simply as I saw it on demand earlier. Obv).
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I hope they have the most uncomfortably badly wiped arses in history, right in time for an unprecedented 80 degree winter heatwave, miles from any kind of access to bog roll.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Friend of mine overpaid for some hatchimals last month. Apparently they are only "fun" for the few hours up until they hatch, then they become really boring and just repeat noises at you. The "fun" isn't even all that fun since kids have to tend to them for ages while they make noises but not much else. Biggest disappointment for a present ever.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm biased. I've been a GTA circlejerker since the first one came out. San Andreas is probably my favorite game of all time (certainly top 3) and I loved GTA V . I equally enjoyed the missions and free roaming. But that's me ...
"GTA circlejerker" actually made me LOL

It's up there, but SA has the edge for me. Can't explain why, I just go back to it time and time again.
It's the Vice City soundtrack that does it for me. Sure the game mechanics are nowhere near SA, but the I love the whole setting and music.

Although, SA had the best country music radio station. All I can remember was "All my exes live in Texas" continuously.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:49 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Anian
Friend of mine overpaid for some hatchimals last month. Apparently they are only "fun" for the few hours up until they hatch, then they become really boring and just repeat noises at you. The "fun" isn't even all that fun since kids have to tend to them for ages while they make noises but not much else. Biggest disappointment for a present ever.
Maybe my daughter dodged a bullet, then (or more specifically I did).

However I know the NES Classic is going to kick supreme arse, and now I've been denied the opportunity to be the bearer of awesome gifts again. For that I am eternally cheesed off.

Originally Posted by tom169
"GTA circlejerker" actually made me LOL
It's pretty accurate

It's the Vice City soundtrack that does it for me. Sure the game mechanics are nowhere near SA, but the I love the whole setting and music.

Although, SA had the best country music radio station. All I can remember was "All my exes live in Texas" continuously.
The '80s setting/sountrack was amazing and I will forever love Vice City for it. I do go back to it again, just not as much as SA.

I really don't like country music that much and even I will happily put on K-ROSE as I cruse through the countryside and desert
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Ikea have stopped doing the frames I usually buy and the replacements are slightly different and now my eye starts twitching when I walk down my stairs past the pics on the wall
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:19 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Sounds like a Tamagotchi.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess it isn't isolated to Christmas, it's just that's when I noticed it this year. When I bulk buy shit that's on sale, it's for personal use (normally it's bottled water, so I'm hardly high impact but still )

I think the worst thing is people paying the markups, this encouraging the activity to continue. Especially now I've got to come up with a whole other awesome present idea for my wife. And I'm really, really shit at coming up with ideas for presents
V.S, are quite amusing about this. If you're buying up a lot of product, $1K or more, they make you sign a waiver that you're not going to resell the goods.

Daft, as it's not all that enforceable...well all the stuff gets sent to Brazil, where it's sold in the knock off stores foro massive mark ups as they don't have any genuine stores there.

The locals, make a fair bit of money sending the stuff back to family.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Could always try something like this. I've looked a few times myself... Never quite convinced myself. Yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Retr...s+snes+console
You seen the Spectrum jobby? That looks amazing...
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Speaking of classics...Ikari Warriors, Chaos Engine, Cannon Fodder and what was it, Karake +? Where you could get them to drop their pants.

I knew a chap who did a bit of work on Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer. He was bonkers.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:00 pm
Sasstronaut

Wasn't there also a song in one of the GTA games called 'I kissed my honey with my fist' which I always chuckled at.

I *loved* the whole buying businesses up part of Vice City, which they've now introduced into GTA Online.

It's also a good way to let off steam by committing atrocities driving/flying/boating around admiring the graphics
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
Ikea have stopped doing the frames I usually buy and the replacements are slightly different and now my eye starts twitching when I walk down my stairs past the pics on the wall
They've slightly changed the Billy CD/DVD unit as well. I need one more but refuse to buy as I would die a little extra very time I looked at them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.