Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by manekeniko
Have you ever considered that Mrs. P. married you for your accent? ....
Yes, and in fact she has admitted as much.

Being 6'5" helped as my accent probably wouldn't have sealed the deal if I was only 5'6". ..... She also told me that now, she no longer notices that I have an accent!

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 7th 2016 at 6:20 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, and in fact she has admitted as much. ..... She also told me that now, she no longer notices that I have an accent!
Now she just keeps you around to do the gardening
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Now she just keeps you around to do the gardening. ....
And the plumbing, ..... and changing light bulbs without having to fetch a ladder.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:24 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully vehicle maintenance and other general handyman skills too (carpentry?)
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And the plumbing, ..... and changing light bulbs without having to fetch a ladder.
As long as she keeps you well supplied with sandwiches, eh?

Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Hopefully vehicle maintenance and other general handyman skills too (carpentry?) .....
Vehicles, not so much, but anything from electrical work and plumbing, to painting, carpentry, framing, door hanging, tiling, closet shelving, window blinds, and hardwood flooring**, not to mention drainage systems, roofing, siding, and felling trees*, then, yup, I have those things covered.

* I finally got around to measuring the pine I felled a few weeks ago (it had hung up on the way down, so I had to fell it by cutting it into pieces from the bottom up ), and it came in at 85ft.

** Nail-down hardwood flooring is a special joy of mine, and I have received compliments from a professional flooring installer for my work - he asked who I had had install it, I guess he was thinking he had competition for work.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 7th 2016 at 6:54 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
As long as she keeps you well supplied with sandwiches, eh? ....
I mostly leave her to take care of stuff in the kitchen, though I have been known to prepare a killer fish pie with a puff pastry crust, .... which I must do again now it is getting cooler.

But she doesn't appreciate my curries made with whatever random meat I find in the freezer. I have also been cooking breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays quite a lot recently.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:46 pm
I have a comma problem

I mostly leave her to take care of stuff in the kitchen, though I have been known to prepare a killer fish pie with a puff pastry crust, .... which I must do again now it is getting cooler.

But she doesn't appreciate my curries made with whatever random meat I find in the freezer. I have also been cooking breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays quite a lot recently.
There are too many bloody picky eaters in our house for me to waste my time trying to cook anything, so I just leave that all alone.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:49 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Vehicles, not so much
Prob better than mine. My vehicle expertise extends to:

If it starts - all good.
If it doesn't start - not good.
If it starts, goes somewhere and stops - Panic.

But she doesn't appreciate my curries made with whatever random meat I find in the freezer.
I've managed to convert my in-laws into enjoying curries by cooking a mean Japanese Katsu curry, and doing a Korma. It's still a work in progress, but they will happily enjoy mango with diced onion and poppadoms from initial prodding and raised eyebrows.

Last edited by livinginnyc; Oct 7th 2016 at 8:33 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 7:26 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
I've managed to convert my in-laws into curries by cooking a mean Japanese Katsu curry, and doing a Korma. It's still a work in progress, but they will happily enjoy mango with diced onion and poppadoms from initial prodding and raised eyebrows.
Yeah, so errm... I'll be calling the police right about now...
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by zargof
Can I interest you in a Rumbley's pie?
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:18 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Can I interest you in a Rumbley's pie?
So that's the sort of thing you were talking about when you said random meat.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:32 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

So that's the sort of thing you were talking about when you said random meat.
Which reminds me of this surprisingly sweet dead squirrel story:

Look: Mom shares saga of boy's dead squirrel misadventure at school - UPI.com
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:36 pm
Sasstronaut

*sigh*, changes have been made to the original post to clarify.

Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Which reminds me of this surprisingly sweet dead squirrel story:

Look: Mom shares saga of boy's dead squirrel misadventure at school - UPI.com
I would have expected it to be more "gamey" than "sweet".

Brunswick stew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.