British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Pet Peeves? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/pet-peeves-733083/)

paranoidandroid Sep 21st 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9634657)
that person is an incurable optimist

:lol: Because there's no chance of them having it, or because they expect the person to go and find it?

cindyabs Sep 21st 2011 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9634688)
:lol: Because there's no chance of them having it, or because they expect the person to go and find it?

yes,:thumbup:

SultanOfSwing Sep 21st 2011 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9634684)
Generally I just queue up, or I stand in a queue. I don't really "go stand in line", a term that's often used down here.
Why am I even answering that anyway, you're just asking to satisfy your own pedantic OCD mind that I use the correct term.

:lol:

You read too much into that one - it was just a silly riddle!

paranoidandroid Sep 21st 2011 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9634717)
:lol:

You read too much into that one - it was just a silly riddle!

I can never tell with you, you weirdo! :p

SultanOfSwing Sep 21st 2011 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9634724)

So very true :o

cindyabs Sep 21st 2011 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9634724)

It's part of his charm. :sneaky: :lol:

paranoidandroid Sep 21st 2011 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9634738)

Is that what they call such behaviour in Georgia? :D

cindyabs Sep 21st 2011 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9634768)
Is that what they call such behaviour in Georgia? :D

Did you see what I had said in another thread about the innate courtesy in the South?

paranoidandroid Sep 21st 2011 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9635007)
Did you see what I had said in another thread about the innate courtesy in the South?

Innate, or inane? :D
No I didn't. Will you direct me to it, or just repeat it? ;)

cindyabs Sep 21st 2011 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9635014)
Innate, or inane? :D
No I didn't. Will you direct me to it, or just repeat it? ;)

Tell you where to go? Why kind sir, I'd be happy to.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=732898&page=2

SultanOfSwing Sep 21st 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9634738)

Finally, some recognition at last ;)

Gingerert Sep 21st 2011 8:30 pm

- People who use the word "retard"
- People who think my accent is "cute"
- People who try and copy things I say in my "cute" accent and end up sounding like massive knob'eads, but think they're getting it spot-on

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 21st 2011 8:30 pm

Pet peeve - people who drum nails or fingertips on tables or work surfaces or ANY surface.

Egg and Cress Sep 21st 2011 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9634538)
People in general.
Cats - smug bastards.
Mosquitos - total wankers.
Flies - useless.
Skateboarders - Take you little piece of wheeled wood and stick it up your arse.
Surfers - Dude while you're communing with nature and getting in touch with the flow of life and the ocean that piece of styrofoam you're floating about on has a half life of 10,000.00 years.
Bumper stickers - NOBODY CARES if your kid is honor student of the bloody century, you love you Chevy or that you think Sarah Palin is great.
People that move to the US and 5 minutes later start speaking with a weird accent that they think sounds American.
Starbucks - Shit coffee is still shit coffee even if you gave me half a gallon of it for 3 bucks.

You left out:
Slugs - eeewwwwww!
Wasps - shriek and ouch!
Drivers entering the interstate highway at 40 mph with no turn signal to indicate they plan to merge, completely oblivious to traffic coming from their left because their CELL PHONE IS IN THE WAY!

And you're right - who gives a rat's ass if your kid is smarter than a toadstool! Or your beloved Yorkie?
Also, what about the Americans who, after spending 10 minutes drooling over the British accent they've been listening to, start speaking with what they think sounds like a British accent??????? aaaaAAAAARRRRGH!

(Personally, the only bumper sticker I ever saw that I thought was really clever was the inverted "W" with "the moron" printed underneath. When I saw that one, ILMAO!!)
Triple ditto on the Starbuck's thing.

Gingerert Sep 21st 2011 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress (Post 9635035)
You left out:
Slugs - eeewwwwww!
Wasps - shriek and ouch!
Drivers entering the interstate highway at 40 mph with no turn signal to indicate they plan to merge, completely oblivious to traffic coming from their left because their CELL PHONE IS IN THE WAY!

And you're right - who gives a rat's ass if your kid is smarter than a toadstool! Or your beloved Yorkie?
Also, what about the Americans who, after spending 10 minutes drooling over the British accent they've been listening to, start speaking with what they think sounds like a British accent??????? aaaaAAAAARRRRGH!
(Personally, the only bumper sticker I ever saw that I thought was really clever was the inverted "W" with "the moron" printed underneath. When I saw that one, ILMAO!!)
Triple ditto on the Starbuck's thing.

I'm glad someone else hates this too! :lol: