Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:21 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You're not up the duff too, are you? Keep with the BE tradition and keep quiet about it if you are, though.
Not a chance. I'm more likely to walk 1000 miles in my bare feet, without water or sleep.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Peeve #1...Trains that block crossings (although they are a good excuse for being late for work) This morning they were backed up from the town that I live to the town where I work

Peeve #2..Train drivers that keep sounding their horns during the night and wake me up Never used to hear them and now we do. The only reason I can think of is the massive loss of trees since Hurricane and Ike and last years drought and fires. They may have blocked the noise some

Peeve #3...Last minute changes with co-workers so now I have to come into work tomorrow and we had planned a ride to see the bluebonnets. Why do people have to be so indecisive and why do I give in, I'm peeved at myself really
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:26 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Peeve #1...Trains that block crossings (although they are a good excuse for being late for work) This morning they were backed up from the town that I live to the town where I work

Peeve #2..Train drivers that keep sounding their horns during the night and wake me up Never used to hear them and now we do. The only reason I can think of is the massive loss of trees since Hurricane and Ike and last years drought and fires. They may have blocked the noise some

Peeve #3...Last minute changes with co-workers so now I have to come into work tomorrow and we had planned a ride to see the bluebonnets. Why do people have to be so indecisive and why do I give in, I'm peeved at myself really
Bloody inconsiderate people. How dare they blow their train horns at night, I think you should write them a letter voicing your disgust. I bet it was the train drivers wife that asked if you'd change your shift with her, too. Absolutely terrible.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Bloody inconsiderate people. How dare they blow their train horns at night, I think you should write them a letter voicing your disgust. I bet it was the train drivers wife that asked if you'd change your shift with her, too. Absolutely terrible.
From Viz: Note to American train drivers, the brake pedal is the one next to the blaring horn.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't you worry, I'm going to find out where he lives and sit outside his house on the Harley. That'll teach him
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
From Viz: Note to American train drivers, the brake pedal is the one next to the blaring horn.

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 8:02 pm

Oh don't you worry, I'm going to find out where he lives and sit outside his house on the Harley. That'll teach him
He might live in an area that you wouldn't care to ride in...
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

He might live in an area that you wouldn't care to ride in...
Train drivers live in mansions don't they, with all the money they earn??
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 8:13 pm

Train drivers live in mansions don't they, with all the money they earn??
Yeah, you could be right.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:25 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Here are mine, not in any order:

- Reckless drivers, tailgaters
- Hipsters
- Corporate America
- Chavs (they exist here in MA too, Honda driving tw*ts)
- The band, Foster The People
- Most mainstream pop music
- Being called by my first name at Starbucks (sorry, just find it uncomfortably weird!)
- Republicans
- Tories
- Cheap, nasty wine
- Arrogance
- Excess materialism
- Being told that football (soccer) sucks because "there aren't enough goals"
- Over-achievers
- Bad manners, rudeness
- Being stared at
- The Jersey Shore
- Automatic transmission
- Hot weather
- Flip flops
- Prissy women who use the word "like" in every sentence
- Fox News
Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
Here are mine, not in any order:

- expensive, nasty wine
- Arrogance supported by ignorance
- Excess materialism and it's celebration
- Over-achievers who insist on telling everybody about it
I thought I'd nick a couple of yours, 'cos they peeve me too.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo jars.

The squeezy bottle is half the size of a regular tub and usually costs a couple of bucks more...so inevitably, me being a tight arse, I get the large tub and have to scoop the mayo into the old squeeze bottle using a spoon.

What a pain in the arse...why do they bother?

Meh.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
People answering the phone when they're on the toilet. Just rang the mother, thought the sound was odd, she said she was on the loo. I hung up. WHY WHY WHY would you do that :cry:
People who ring you and don't say who they are and get all arsey when you ask who is calling.

It unbelievably shits me off no end, especially when you can hear them have the hump over the phone that you would ask, despite you telling them you don't give a shit and that they called you first and phone etiquette isn't complicated.

Double bonus points for when those flacidpickledforeskinheadedarsecheeks give you another huff when you say you are in fact not that person they asked about and nor do they live in the house and in fact they have the wrong number.

It's even more awesome when you have this argument via text message.

It gets better when you get a call in the morning from someones mum asking why you were being so rude to their son via text message and they hadn't ever heard of anyone being so rude not vile before.

What sheltered lives they must live...also, they have a new view of English people and it isn't all Inspector Morse.

I call it a cultural enrichment to ones vocabulary to extend ones ability to go beyond just using a four letter rude word. The person didn't quite see it that way.

Basically, don't call me...I really don't have a pleasant phone manner.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
- Being told that football (soccer) sucks because "there aren't enough goals"
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...114458686.html

58-0

You can now tell 'em to piss off
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:48 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...114458686.html

58-0

You can now tell 'em to piss off
I'm surprised the Wolves board didn't approach the manager of Nova 2010 to replace Mick McCarthy. It would have been a step up from the assistant manager (Terry Connor) or Steve Bruce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.