Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Bob
There's to many law makers to make much of a dent though...
Whilst there maybe too many lawyers for normal firearms, this might help...

http://www.dillonaero.com/content/p/...Standard_M134D
Old Mar 16th 2012, 1:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Packets of bacon that tease you, with that little see through bit of packaging at the back...look at that and think it'll be a good package, only to find when you open it, that it is only that rasher with any meat on it and the rest are mostly fat.

Meh.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 1:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Companies that regularly send you boilerplate "one size fits all" advertising effusions, but are totally unresponsive when you go to them with a specific need, issue, problem etc... even if, were they to put a customer service person with half-a-brain on the case, they might make a sale.

Verizon and Turbotax would be recent examples in my case.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Sales people from sales training companies trying to sell me sales training...

... and are utterly shit at it!

The one exception is when they show me a new way of being utterly shit at selling...
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:44 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Companies that regularly send you boilerplate "one size fits all" advertising effusions, but are totally unresponsive when you go to them with a specific need, issue, problem etc... even if, were they to put a customer service person with half-a-brain on the case, they might make a sale.

Verizon and Turbotax would be recent examples in my case.
Verizon; The company that repeatedly called to try and sign me up for cable internet, when it wasn't even available in my area at the time. Priceless.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 6:56 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Verizon; The company that repeatedly called to try and sign me up for cable internet, when it wasn't even available in my area at the time. Priceless.
I went to their website a few weeks ago, to see if FiOS was available in my area and it kept telling me my address didn't exist.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:06 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I went to their website a few weeks ago, to see if FiOS was available in my area and it kept telling me my address didn't exist.
They're a bunch of knobs. Occassionally I used to get text messages telling me to call them because my minute allowance had expired. I called and they told me I was within 20 minutes of the plan allowance, and the billing cycle was next day, so basically I was ok providing I didn't use any more than 20 minutes up until 12 midnight. Get this though, the number I had to call counted against the minutes allowance, so now I had ten minutes left.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My wife kept getting messages saying that she was close to her text limit. She doesn't have a text plan so she pays per text, there is no limit.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Anian
My wife kept getting messages saying that she was close to her text limit. She doesn't have a text plan so she pays per text, there is no limit.
Idiots.

There's one good thing about most of the mobile phone companies now, and that's free calls to other mobiles within the same network.
As the person I talk to most is with Verizon too, it saves me a lot of money each month.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:18 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

mid sized spoons that are neither tea nor table, and make my hoover over the cutlery draw, they refuse to nest well with any of their compatriots.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
mid sized spoons that are neither tea nor table, and make my hoover over the cutlery draw, they refuse to nest well with any of their compatriots.
Is that what you'd call a 'first world problem'?
Old Mar 17th 2012, 9:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Is that what you'd call a 'first world problem'?
Absolutely.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Why does a spoon force you to use a vacuum? The power of cutlery.....
Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:55 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why does a spoon force you to use a vacuum? The power of cutlery.....
Ha! I did not spot that typo, (should have been hover)
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

The 24th century... You'd have thought that by the 24th century they'd have found an alternative to putting exploding control panels on the bridges of star ships, you know, where senior officers and people who drive the ship sit... Muppets (not sure the planet of Muppetania was a member of the Federation...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.