British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Pet Peeves? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/pet-peeves-733083/)

Leslie Oct 2nd 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 9653068)
Whats going on? What is the mysterious evil of a top loader? Should I be afraid when doing the washing?

My friend found a big ass gecko in hers AFTER the washing was done. It was alive but disoriented. Get this though - its tail was broken off! She never found the tail.
:scaredhair:

Nothing like that would have ever happened with a front loader.

paranoidandroid Oct 2nd 2011 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9653082)
My friend found a big ass gecko in hers AFTER the washing was done. It was alive but disoriented. Get this though - its tail was broken off! She never found the tail.
:scaredhair:

Nothing like that would have ever happened with a front loader.

The tail grew a new body and is waiting for her to open the door again. ;)

Leslie Oct 2nd 2011 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9653121)
The tail grew a new body and is waiting for her to open the door again. ;)

Geckos are far too willing to part with their tails if you ask me. I just looked at one wrong and it shit its tail and ran off looking all stumpy. I was all, "You're not even trying!".

paranoidandroid Oct 2nd 2011 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9653131)
Geckos are far too willing to part with their tails if you ask me. I just looked at one wrong and it shits its tail and ran off looking all stumpy. I was all, "You're not even trying!".

It was stumped after you scared its tail off. As long as you don't have that effect on men you'll be fine...

Bob Oct 2nd 2011 10:12 pm

Whats going on? What is the mysterious evil of a top loader? Should I be afraid when doing the washing?

They're shit.

They ruin more clothes, have smaller capacity, use more water and detergent...and that stupid safety switch can FOAD.

Plus, I don't know if I've said this already, but they're shit.

Bob Oct 2nd 2011 10:17 pm

Okay...allergies...what is the point about them? Latex allergy is especially crap, more so when you've just found out the new apartment you've moved into has been painted with latex based paints.

What's wrong with nasty old oil based paints, FFS...though the hippy green shit is quite lovely, but how expensive is that?

Oh, and what's the deal with paint labels telling you how many square feet a gallon of paint can cover, but then only list the can in litres and fluid ounces...don't make me figure out how many fluid ounces make a gallon and do the maths myself.

Juswus Oct 2nd 2011 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9653579)
They're shit.

Plus, I don't know if I've said this already, but they're shit.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jerseygirl Oct 3rd 2011 12:36 am

They are crap...ruin clothes because of the aggressive agitator. Now there are more and more front loaders on the market here...something that have been around in the UK for over 40 years.

Bank of America announced that it's going to start charging for debit card transactions. I guess they just love those old fashioned, time wasting cheque books. Talk about stone age. :rolleyes:

Karrie72 Oct 3rd 2011 1:13 am

People that drive everywhere, literally everywhere! For example I walk my kids the 200 yards down to the bus-stop in rain, snow etc. I figure it gives them a little fresh air and exercise before school. Every other Mum in the neighborhood drives their kid down their driveway and has their kid sit in the car until the bus comes along. They're making me look like a hardcore nutter because we walk 200 yards to the bus stop in all weathers. Maybe they're jealous of my massive umbrella...

Juswus Oct 3rd 2011 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Montfan72 (Post 9653824)
People that drive everywhere, literally everywhere! For example I walk my kids the 200 yards down to the bus-stop in rain, snow etc. I figure it gives them a little fresh air and exercise before school. Every other Mum in the neighborhood drives their kid down their driveway and has their kid sit in the car until the bus comes along. They're making me look like a hardcore nutter because we walk 200 yards to the bus stop in all weathers. Maybe they're jealous of my massive umbrella...

yep. A friend of mine thought I was mental for parking in 1 place and then walkign to all the various shops, rather than moving the car after each shop so that it was nearer to the next one :blink:

kimilseung Oct 3rd 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Juswus (Post 9653865)
yep. A friend of mine thought I was mental for parking in 1 place and then walkign to all the various shops, rather than moving the car after each shop so that it was nearer to the next one :blink:

That reminds me of another pet peeve.

Malls that have little trolley parking places, but just for the store nearest to it. So you are supposed to return the stores trolley to their own little parking place. Which I am not going to do when using lots of shops alll over the mall, when parking and walking; but I do feel guilty about it.

Its a mall, why can they not have one shared style of trolly, or do it like shepherds and just sort them all out at the end o the year.

paranoidandroid Oct 3rd 2011 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 9654006)
That reminds me of another pet peeve.

Malls that have little trolley parking places, but just for the store nearest to it. So you are supposed to return the stores trolley to their own little parking place. Which I am not going to do when using lots of shops alll over the mall, when parking and walking; but I do feel guilty about it.

Its a mall, why can they not have one shared style of trolly, or do it like shepherds and just sort them all out at the end o the year.

Nobody gives a toss about using the "cart corral's" down here. The trolleys are usually scattered far and wide in the parking aisles, abandoned beside, or at the front of the parking space of their previous user. :rolleyes:

SultanOfSwing Oct 3rd 2011 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9654496)
Nobody gives a toss about using the "cart corral's" down here. The trolleys are usually scattered far and wide in the parking aisles, abandoned beside, or at the front of the parking space of their previous user. :rolleyes:

I call that the trolley depository, just to annoy the wife.

I actually saw an errantly deposited trolley roll across the car park aisle I was driving up and smack into some poor woman's car. I would have jumped out and attempted to stop it but I'd never have got there in time. Just what is the problem with walking your fat arse fifteen more feet to put it in the little areas conveniently located every few spaces?

Car park behaviour in general pisses me off here.

joto Oct 3rd 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 9654496)

Lazy tossers.

Bob Oct 3rd 2011 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9654822)

I actually saw an errantly deposited trolley roll across the car park aisle I was driving up and smack into some poor woman's car. I would have jumped out and attempted to stop it but I'd never have got there in time. Just what is the problem with walking your fat arse fifteen more feet to put it in the little areas conveniently located every few spaces?

Car park behaviour in general pisses me off here.

Talking of, in a similar vein.

Crap disabled parking spots, either situated right beside a huge bush so folks who need them can't get out, or, putting the parking spot right in front of the door, but not having the ramp to be able to get over the pavement hump...or worse, not having automatic doors.

What was worse was one of the T stops in Boston, the parking was right by the pay slots but the ramp to get to the pay slots went to the back of the thing and as the slots went in numerical order, with the lowest at the top, anyone in a wheel chair just wouldn't stand a chance of reaching the slot to pay for the parking...okay, perhaps not the best choice of words :lol:

Another peeve, parking spots reserved for people with little kids that have a little extra space, bit like the disabled parking spots... Arseholes without kids parking in them.

Seeing a row of motorbikes parking in a row of parking spaces, one each...why can't they pair up and fill one spot? Arseholes.