Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
you could use 'em for lasagna gardening!
I keep promising myself I'm going to try that - if for no other reason than to put all our newspaper waste to good use. Now is the time to start it, too! Maybe I'll actually do it this year.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

On the motorway, pulling over to let someone on....instead of them either speeding up or slowing down so you can pull back in, drive exactly your speed so you can't....so you miss your exit.

Knobcheese...so that was a bit of a pain in the arse detour to get home as the next exit was closed for drainage work.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:13 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
On the motorway, pulling over to let someone on....instead of them either speeding up or slowing down so you can pull back in, drive exactly your speed so you can't....so you miss your exit.

Knobcheese...so that was a bit of a pain in the arse detour to get home as the next exit was closed for drainage work.
You are just a little ray of sunshine Bobrino.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Happened to me once.

Pulled out politely and expected to overtake the car coming on as they picked up speed. Instead they gunned it and matched me, so I speeded up more to still pull in front, and he speeds up more, then I speed up more, and he speeds up more, etc, etc.

I (for once) decide this is getting juvenile, back off and reluctantly pull in behind.

Next corner... cop car

He gets pulled over immediately since we were probably going quite comfortably over the limit by then.

Gotta love karma

Last edited by hobbes79; Oct 13th 2011 at 8:37 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You are just a little ray of sunshine Bobrino.
It's not all bad...honest
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:54 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's not all bad...honest
yeah, yeah, yeah, you and the Christmas turkey.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:41 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

That makes me so cross!!!!

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Next corner... cop car

He gets pulled over immediately since we were probably going quite comfortably over the limit by then.

Gotta love karma
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Mean people.

Co-workers with attitude. (I shouldn't have to bake you cookies to get you to do your job - that's why you're being paid.) We had a doosy this week.

Hypocrites.

Incorrect words or expressions: i.e. "irregardless", "that jives".

Sheeple.

Those who think they know everything about everything.

Passive-aggressive types.

Bad driving, but even worse - road rage. I swear my husband is going to get us killed one of these days.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Oct 16th 2011 at 2:24 am.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

People who never close the drawers after opening them, or close cupboard doors (namely my husband), what is up with that!!! He seems to think there's some drawer/cupboard closing fairy going around after him, shutting all the things he's opened arrggggg
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
People who never close the drawers after opening them, or close cupboard doors (namely my husband), what is up with that!!! He seems to think there's some drawer/cupboard closing fairy going around after him, shutting all the things he's opened arrggggg
There is My two girls are the queens of not closing cupboard doors. Funny how they don't like their bedroom doors being left open.....
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:17 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

You mean you're not the drawer and cupboard door closing fairy? You probably have your husband fooled on that one.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

So, tuck your wings away and stop proving to him the fairy still lives. If you can stand the open drawers/doors for a while, maybe he'll get the hint?
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
So, tuck your wings away and stop proving to him the fairy still lives. If you can stand the open drawers/doors for a while, maybe he'll get the hint?
If I did that then the house would look like it had been burgled, with every drawer and cupboard open. He doesn't even notice I'm sure, I blame his mother...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That absolutely does my nut too. Lucily for me, my daughter has inherited my OCD and will go around closing all drawers and open cubpoard/room/fridge doors, even if you have your hand or head stuck in them at the time
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:07 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That absolutely does my nut too. Lucily for me, my daughter has inherited my OCD and will go around closing all drawers and open cubpoard/room/fridge doors, even if you have your hand or head stuck in them at the time
Don't get me started about people leaving lights on, either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.