Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:44 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
that person is an incurable optimist
Because there's no chance of them having it, or because they expect the person to go and find it?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:49 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Because there's no chance of them having it, or because they expect the person to go and find it?
yes,
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Generally I just queue up, or I stand in a queue. I don't really "go stand in line", a term that's often used down here.
Why am I even answering that anyway, you're just asking to satisfy your own pedantic OCD mind that I use the correct term.

You read too much into that one - it was just a silly riddle!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:05 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

You read too much into that one - it was just a silly riddle!
I can never tell with you, you weirdo!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

So very true
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:12 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

It's part of his charm.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:28 pm

It's part of his charm.
Is that what they call such behaviour in Georgia?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:17 pm
Sursum corda

Is that what they call such behaviour in Georgia?
Did you see what I had said in another thread about the innate courtesy in the South?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:23 pm

Did you see what I had said in another thread about the innate courtesy in the South?
Innate, or inane?
No I didn't. Will you direct me to it, or just repeat it?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:26 pm
Sursum corda

Innate, or inane?
No I didn't. Will you direct me to it, or just repeat it?
Tell you where to go? Why kind sir, I'd be happy to.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=732898&page=2

Last edited by cindyabs; Sep 21st 2011 at 8:31 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:28 pm
I have a comma problem

It's part of his charm.
Finally, some recognition at last
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:30 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

- People who use the word "retard"
- People who think my accent is "cute"
- People who try and copy things I say in my "cute" accent and end up sounding like massive knob'eads, but think they're getting it spot-on
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Pet peeve - people who drum nails or fingertips on tables or work surfaces or ANY surface.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishman43
People in general.
Cats - smug bastards.
Mosquitos - total wankers.
Flies - useless.
Skateboarders - Take you little piece of wheeled wood and stick it up your arse.
Surfers - Dude while you're communing with nature and getting in touch with the flow of life and the ocean that piece of styrofoam you're floating about on has a half life of 10,000.00 years.
Bumper stickers - NOBODY CARES if your kid is honor student of the bloody century, you love you Chevy or that you think Sarah Palin is great.
People that move to the US and 5 minutes later start speaking with a weird accent that they think sounds American.
Starbucks - Shit coffee is still shit coffee even if you gave me half a gallon of it for 3 bucks.

You left out:
Slugs - eeewwwwww!
Wasps - shriek and ouch!
Drivers entering the interstate highway at 40 mph with no turn signal to indicate they plan to merge, completely oblivious to traffic coming from their left because their CELL PHONE IS IN THE WAY!

And you're right - who gives a rat's ass if your kid is smarter than a toadstool! Or your beloved Yorkie?
Also, what about the Americans who, after spending 10 minutes drooling over the British accent they've been listening to, start speaking with what they think sounds like a British accent??????? aaaaAAAAARRRRGH!

(Personally, the only bumper sticker I ever saw that I thought was really clever was the inverted "W" with "the moron" printed underneath. When I saw that one, ILMAO!!)
Triple ditto on the Starbuck's thing.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:35 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
You left out:
Slugs - eeewwwwww!
Wasps - shriek and ouch!
Drivers entering the interstate highway at 40 mph with no turn signal to indicate they plan to merge, completely oblivious to traffic coming from their left because their CELL PHONE IS IN THE WAY!

And you're right - who gives a rat's ass if your kid is smarter than a toadstool! Or your beloved Yorkie?
Also, what about the Americans who, after spending 10 minutes drooling over the British accent they've been listening to, start speaking with what they think sounds like a British accent??????? aaaaAAAAARRRRGH!
(Personally, the only bumper sticker I ever saw that I thought was really clever was the inverted "W" with "the moron" printed underneath. When I saw that one, ILMAO!!)
Triple ditto on the Starbuck's thing.
I'm glad someone else hates this too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.